• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

- altaria lock - (updated)

aishen

Look who's back!
4-4 altaria *PL*
2-1-2 vileplume
2-1 uxie lv.x
1-1 dialga G lv.x
2 darkrai *MD*
4 spiritomb
1 relicanth *SV*

3 pokemon collector
3 bebes search
3 PONT
2 rare candy
2 interviewers question
2 twins
2 seeker
1 cynthias feelings
1 energy exchanger
1 palmers contribution

4 DCE
4 call
4 grass
2 warp
1 fighting

S T R A T E G Y: this one is on top of my head right now so i really need help. this deck operates by doing trainer lock via vileplume while altaria is rendering mid night eyes to the opponent for it to be asleep. once it does, opponent has no way of escaping via trainer unless the pokemon wakes up from flip, if it wakes up use darkrai to put it back to sleep then auto ko with perish song. DGX for steelix prime match up ONLY

RE: - altaria lock -

Umm, did you realize if Dialga G X is in play, Vileplume's body can't be used? I don't know the whole lock strategy with Vileplume, I would just focus on Altaria and Darkrai, and I can't think of any techs for this particular deck.

They can't retreat if they are asleep. There are a LOT of different ways to get out of the active position these days. Take out the Dialga G if you want to play Vileplume(better in this situation).

Yeah but if they roll heads the beginning of their turn and they have the right amount of energy they can retreat

oh yeah sorry for confusing you guys. DGX is for steelix prime match up only. i dont use it all the time, and in steelix prime match DGX will be used over vileplume thats why its only a 1-1 line.

What are the odds of that happening? You should be one-shotting anyway. It takes up bench space that is needed for Altaria and Darkrai, and is bait on the bench for Gengar and Luxray X. And to be honest, it doesn't work at all in this deck, because 2 damage counters isn't enough, and there isn't any other attackers who spread the damage.

eh? what are you talking about? this deck is auto loss to steelix prime. and like i said before this list is only on top of my head. shees ..

If you want to get rid of Steelix run some Blaze FB X. Against Steelix, it could be good with Dialga, considering Steelix has a body. But then Vileplume should be taken out. All I was trying to say was Vileplume doesn't work if Dialga G X is in play.

if i run BFBX then i'll be needing resources like egain and or poketurn, it will be dead draw against decks that are not steelix prime based. like i said its only for steelix match up and why should i play plume in the presence of DGX? of course i wont .. and dont worry im getting your point ^_^

If you plan to use Darkrai MD to keep your opponents asleep then you need a way to re-use Darkrai. Might I suggest Seeker or SSU?

i was thinking that too but i dont know what to take out. suggestions?

^ 1 collector and marleys request for 2 seeker. I don't think you need 4 collector and since you don't have much trainers then marleys is kind of, meh.

Side track:
Love that you use marleys but it's not good in this deck. It should be run with both junk arm and vs seeker. Think of the combos ^^

thanks ! maybe i'll just

- 1 collector
- 1 grass energy

+ 2 seeker

marley is good in here specially i only have 2 twins in here. besides, marley can get 2 different supporters as well. think about it, marley can grab seeker and twins, whichever the opponent chooses helps me.

Very clever. Not sure how important the Dialga G lv. X is, though...if it's only to counter one very specific case...

@aishen: But You can't use it on the same turn since they are all supporters. If you run junk arm you can chose it and a trainer you need and you are 100% sure of getting the trainer you need. (reply to post #14)

The deck looks good, one thing you could add is broken time space, but it's not needed.

@ aburame - how can i junk arm under trainerlock?

@ jawbit - its very vital because steelix prime is rising in the meta.

^I know, thats why i think you should take out marley's. Mostly because you can't combo it with vs seeker or junk arm.

well then fine i'll take it. what should i add then? im actually trying to go around its weakness problem. whats your suggestion?

Hmm... Not sure, i don't think you necessary need anything. If you are worried about luxray, well you play trainer lock and will make it harder for them to play, and you make them sleep if they do get it out. And they still need to get lucario gl out to k.o with flash impact. But you could add in 1 relichant SV and 1 fighting energy if you want.

Take out:
1 marley's
1 energy exchanger (hopefully you will maintain the trainer lock, but if you can take something else if you want)

Put in
1 relichant SV
1 fighting energy

That will help vs luxray, you can just revenge k.o it.

Back