• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Ninetales GX

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Been working on this deck after getting some tips previously.

--- Deck List ---

Pokemon (13):
4x Alolan Vulpix - GRI 21
3x Alolan Ninetales GX - GRI 22
2x Alolan Ninetales - BUS 28
1x Tapu Fini GX - BUS
1x Sudowoodo - GRI 66 (Tech)
1x Remoraid - BKT 32
1x Octillery - BKT 33 (draw)

Energy (12):
4x Double Colorless
8x Water

Trainer (35):
Item:
4x Aqua Patch
4x Ultraball
2x Field Blower
2x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
1x Special Charge (Restore DCE discarded by Ninetales GX)

Stadium:
2x Brooklet Hill

Supporter:
4x Sycamore
2x N
2x Kukui
2x Guzma
2x Skyla
2x Mallow
1x Wicke (Budget replacement for N, hopefully one day replace with N)
1x Lana (Some insurance)
1x Brigette
1x Acerola

--- End of Deck List ---

I have 1 Sycamore that I can replace a shauna with, but no N. I've always kinda seen N as a card for disruption anyways to get the opponent's hand shuffled back in? Debating on replacing the rainbow with another DCE, and I also have a necrozma gx that I was also debating on because of the ability and gx attack. I guess the new BUS rotom dex would be an interesting card as well. Lana is more for if let's say I already used Ice Path but need some healing (If that makes sense). Otherwise, majority of the deck works pretty similar to the standard Alolan Ninetales GX deck I've been seeing around. Any advice is welcome!

Side questions, I don't really see tierno/hau in decks, but is that just because it's only 3 cards? And do i need a gx token/where can I get just the token?

Last edited:
Hey! I run Alolan Ninetales too. Here's some changes I would make.

Mewtwo, Machop, Machoke, and to a lesser extent, Sudowoodo and Tapu Fini-GX, are unnecessary and make this deck too clunky. You don't want to start with Mewtwo, Machop, or Sudowoodo. I'd start by taking those out and putting in Remoraid and Octillery for draw support, especially since you don't have the Sycamore and N at the moment. If you don't have Octillery then you can always run Oranguru. I would keep the Tapu Fini-GX in for now if you have the space for it. I highly recommend putting in one promo Tapu Koko, the one that does 20 damage to all of your opponent's Pokémon for a DCE. It has free retreat which works really well for this deck, does spread damage, and you're already running DCE.

I'd run 4 DCE and 8 Water Energy so I would just remove the one Rainbow Energy and add the fourth DCE.

Remove the Shauna and Ilima for Sycamore and N once you get them. You'll notice a big difference. I like the Guzma, Kukui, and Skyla. I would add one more Guzma for consistency. I don't think Delinquent really fits and I would take out Hex Maniac out now. Maybe add a second Lana for consistency. Acerola is another Supporter I would maybe look at.

People don't run Tierno/Hau for the exact reason you stated. Sycamore is just way better. You can discard water energy with Sycamore, which can be accelerated back onto the bench with Aqua Patch, while getting a fresh hand of seven new cards. And you don't need a GX token. You have one automatically online and if you're playing in a league or tournament, you can use a coin for your GX token.

Hope this helps!

So edit based on what you said HouchinsDJ:

-1 Hex Maniac
-1 Shauna
-1 Rainbow Energy

+1 Sycamore
+1 Acerola
+1 DCE

I'll keep replacing shauna and ilima as I get more N and sycamore, and I'll probably check the card shop tomorrow for more lana, guzma, and hopefully cheap octillery/oranguru (already have some remoraid laying around) as well. Thanks! Any thoughts on lillie too?

Yeah, thought as much, thanks for confirming that! And dope, was worried I'd need to get like an elite trainer box or something...hehe :p

I'd like to reinforce Houchin's point on removing Mewtwo, Sudowoodo, Machoke, and Machamp to put in a 2/2 Remoraid Octillery line, whenever you get a chance to do so.

When you make that change, I would also change your 2 Skyla into 2 Mallow. Mallow with Octillery lets you grab 2 cards of your choice, including Pokemon and energy, while Skyla only lets you grab 1, and only a Trainer card. Getting a small enough hand to draw 2 to 3 cards off of Octillery's ability is actually very common. If you really like your Skylas, then just replace your Delinquents with Mallow.

I'd also get rid of the Town Map for a Float stone, and probably the Lana for a float stone as well. You added in Acerola which can grab up a damaged Pokemon, and healing for 50 can hurt your Ice Path GX (which is also a heal). I understand Lana as a pick with Rough Seas gone, but as your once per turn Supporter, I can't say how often she'd be the best choice for a turn. As for Town Map, you can dig through your deck when you're searching with Ultra Ball, Skyla, or Alolan Vulpix and see what you're missing through that. You won't be able to pick exactly what prize you want, but you don't want your opponent knowing what you're missing either. You really want to find a way to put at least 2 float stone in your deck so you can get your Octillery and BUS Alolan Ninetales out of the way, or to rearrange your bench & active before using Guzma.

Yeah, I agree with Duo. I would keep the 2 Skyla and take out the Delinquents for 2 Mallow. Skyla can still grab key cards like Aqua Patch, Ultra Ball, Field Blower, and Choice Band whenever you don't have Octillery out or if you have 5 or more cards in your hand. I think Skyla is great early game and Mallow is great late game.

What Duo said about the town map kinda hit me hard because I hadn't thought of it that way and realized there was definitely more than one game in the past that I won thanks to my opponent not knowing I had drawn a DCE, energy, or supporter I needed from the prize, so thanks! I still need to go to the shop to check for some of those cards, but Mallow I already have so I'll just edit that rn.

-2 delinquents

+2 Mallow

Should I just leave Lillie out of the equation at this point? Read a few times all over that she might be a good end game draw for decks, so just wanted to check.

I would definitely leave out Lillie. If your hand is unplayable she can't fix it like Sycamore or N can, and if you're running Octillery you're never going to use a Supporter turn on Lillie.

Whether or not Lillie gets some value later on depends on what rotates out and what gets added in, but for now Lillie is not a very good draw support card and should never come before supporters that can search, like Skyla or Mallow. Just my opinion anyway.

EDIT: Disregard comment about Splash Energy. Don't use them.

Last edited:
I would definitely leave out Lillie. If your hand is unplayable she can't fix it like Sycamore or N can, and if you're running Octillery you're never going to use a Supporter turn on Lillie.

Whether or not Lillie gets some value later on depends on what rotates out and what gets added in, but for now Lillie is not a very good draw support card and should never come before supporters that can search, like Skyla or Mallow. Just my opinion anyway.

I am also contemplating changing the standard energy line up of 4 DCE, 8 Waters to 4 DCE, 4 Water, 4 Splash. Splash lets you retrieve all Pokemon it's stuck to when it's knocked out, so you're never worried about Pokemon hitting the discard and never getting them back without spamming Rescue Stretcher.

Aqua Patch does not say it attaches a Basic Water Energy, it says it attaches a Water Energy from discard to a benched Pokemon, so you don't lose any synergy whatsoever.

The only risk you take is getting that special energy Drampa GX'd or discarded through other means like Enhanced Hammer, but I don't even know how many decks run Enhanced Hammer.
Splash Energy specifically states that it's treated as a Water energy only when attached to a Pokemon, so Aqua Patch can't retrieve it.

Okay, I definitely see some holes with your list. First off, you NEED 4 Sycamore and 3-4 N. But I also need to know, is this deck post-rotation? If it is, you need 4 N. It doubles as a draw supporter and a disruption supporter so if you play this, your consistency will increase. And I also need to say, if you don't have N, don't play Ilima. That card is the definition of a garbage card. The fact you may give your opponent a bigger hand than you and it's based on a coin flip where you can't tell whether or not it's worth the risk of giving yourself a small hand is just, atrocious. I know you're playing budget, but Lele is a very important card to decks. And I find it weird that you can afford the Ninetales GX's, but not N's or Sycamores. You can buy both of those staples on TCG Player for real cheap. I'll give you my pre-rotation list (I have yet to update it), and it may give you some insight on how Ninetales should be built. I also want to note I have won a League Cup, and league challenge, and an ARG states with it. Here it is:

Pokemon:14
  • 4 A. Vulpix GRI
  • 3 A. Ninetales GX
  • 1 A. Ninetales BUS
  • 1 Remoraid(Wild River)
  • 1 Octillery BKT
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX
  • 1 Tapu Koko SM31
  • 1 Espeon EX

Trainers:34
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Guzma
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Olympia
  • 3 Rough Seas
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Aqua Patch
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher

Energy:12
  • 8 Water
  • 4 DCE

I've yet to update my list for post-rotation, but I've had a discussion with another good player on this deck. Here's the link:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...th-baby-alolan-ninetales.141308/#post-2887992

Okay, I definitely see some holes with your list. First off, you NEED 4 Sycamore and 3-4 N. But I also need to know, is this deck post-rotation? If it is, you need 4 N. It doubles as a draw supporter and a disruption supporter so if you play this, your consistency will increase. And I also need to say, if you don't have N, don't play Ilima. That card is the definition of a garbage card. The fact you may give your opponent a bigger hand than you and it's based on a coin flip where you can't tell whether or not it's worth the risk of giving yourself a small hand is just, atrocious. I know you're playing budget, but Lele is a very important card to decks. And I find it weird that you can afford the Ninetales GX's, but not N's or Sycamores. You can buy both of those staples on TCG Player for real cheap. I'll give you my pre-rotation list (I have yet to update it), and it may give you some insight on how Ninetales should be built. I also want to note I have won a League Cup, and league challenge, and an ARG states with it. Here it is:

Pokemon:14
  • 4 A. Vulpix GRI
  • 3 A. Ninetales GX
  • 1 A. Ninetales BUS
  • 1 Remoraid(Wild River)
  • 1 Octillery BKT
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX
  • 1 Tapu Koko SM31
  • 1 Espeon EX

Trainers:34
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Guzma
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Olympia
  • 3 Rough Seas
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Aqua Patch
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
Energy:12
  • 8 Water
  • 4 DCE

I've yet to update my list for post-rotation, but I've had a discussion with another good player on this deck. Here's the link:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...th-baby-alolan-ninetales.141308/#post-2887992

There's a long story behind why/how I got the GX pokemon, but simply put, they were gifts that I received to help me start a new deck since the last time I really played was back when they had released PHF. I stopped for a while because I needed to concentrate on graduating high school, but now that I'm in college, why not play again? Technically I'll be playing it pre-rotation a bit for fun at side events at worlds, but I was hoping to make it all set for post-rotation so that making adjustments won't be as hard down the road. And if that's the case, what would you suggest instead of ilima? I mean, I guess judge is a cheaper option than N (Considering N costs easily $3-5 each), but I won't know what exactly I'll have access to until monday when my local shop gets some more cards in.

And thnx duo, I'll probs just use the 2 mallow then.

There's a long story behind why/how I got the GX pokemon, but simply put, they were gifts that I received to help me start a new deck since the last time I really played was back when they had released PHF. I stopped for a while because I needed to concentrate on graduating high school, but now that I'm in college, why not play again? Technically I'll be playing it pre-rotation a bit for fun at side events at worlds, but I was hoping to make it all set for post-rotation so that making adjustments won't be as hard down the road. And if that's the case, what would you suggest instead of ilima? I mean, I guess judge is a cheaper option than N (Considering N costs easily $3-5 each), but I won't know what exactly I'll have access to until monday when my local shop gets some more cards in.

And thnx duo, I'll probs just use the 2 mallow then.
If you have the money, Ebay has playsets of N for 10 dollars. And sycamore from PHF on Tcg player are 68 cents with free shipping. But also consider Octillery for post-rotation

Sorry it took longer than I expected to update with the cards I was able to find. So after visiting local card shops, I was able to get my hands on 3 more sycamore, 2 n, and an octillery (already have 3 remoraid, 2 ion pool, 1 wild river), as well as a few others for a really really good price (could've gotten a second octillery, but I felt it was overpriced at $5.50, even as a reverse holo). Definitely one step closer, I'll edit the deck list now.

-3 shauna
-2 ilima
-1 machop
-1 machoke

+3 sycamore
+2 N
+1 remoraid
+1 octillery

I will continue to edit as I go if I can get my hands on more cards. Since I only have 1 octillery, would it be better to just leave it as 1 remoraid?

Last edited:
Go ahead and leave it at a 1 remoraid until you get the 2nd octillery. Doing a 2/1 line helps prevent against prizing the remoraid, but if you prize the octillery then it's not going anywhere anyway.

Through more playtesting, I found that this supporter line up is incredibly consistent for this deck:

Sycamore x3
N x4
Guzma x3
Brigette x1
Kukui x2
Mallow x2

When rotation hits and you get rid of rough seas and vs seeker, I would highly recommend this supporter line up.

As far as draw power is concerned, you use N early game to make sure you don't throw out good resources for later, Mallow early to mid game in combination with Octillery to guarantee 2 cards, Kukui for +2 cards any time and to steal kills with or without choice band (the math works very well with Alolan Ninetales GX in particular), and Sycamore for whenever you have a small enough hand that discarding doesn't hurt you.

I've found that these ratios work perfectly for me in terms of getting the supporter I need at the right time in the game to help me advance and not get stuck with an unplayable hand.

Thanks Duo! Since I currently don't have 2 more N or the extra guzma, I can't try those ratios out irl, but I'll def take a look at it on ptcgo. As for edits to the deck, I decided to take the mewtwo and town map out for 2 float stones based on houchin and duo's advice. The Lana and Sudowoodo I will leave in for the moment considering I don't have another guzma or a 4th N, nor the 2nd octillery.

-1 Mewtwo - EVO 51
-1 Town Map

+2 Float Stone

No problem. I think I've more or less picked Alolan Ninetales GX as my main deck and I've been playtesting its consistency several hours a day.

This is the latest update I made to the build:

Pokemon x16

Alolan Ninetales GX x3
Alolan Ninetales x1
Alolan Vulpix x4
Octillery x2
Remoraid x2
Tapu Lele GX x3
Tapu Koko Promo x1

Supporter x13

Sycamore x3
N x4
Guzma x3
Brigette x1
Mallow x2

Item x19

Aqua Patch x4
Ultra Ball x4
Evosoda x3
Float Stone x3
Choice Band x3
Field Blower x2

Energy x12

DCE x4
Water Energy x8

The main addition to the build is Evosoda, which just barely makes it into the 2018 rotation being a part of the Generations expansion. It efffectively replaces Dive Ball.

Through playing at just locals, I can tell you right now that 90 to 100% of your Beacons will get N'd. Everyone is running 3 Lele, 4 Ultra Ball, and 4 N. Your Alolan Ninetales & Octillery will never stay in your hand when you Beacon. Basically all of my games would go like this:

Turn 1 Brigette, set up 2-3 vulpix and 1 remoraid, pass turn.
Turn 2, shenanigans, Beacon.
Turn 3, get N'd, pray to redraw my evolutions, Beacon again and hope it works this time.
Turn 4, repeat turn 3 while you watch your opponent set up.

Basically until N or any supporter with N's effect leaves the game, attacks like Beacon and Magical Ribbon are basically only good for if you have a dead hand and you want to force your opponent to N you.

Adding Evosoda just boils down to mathematics. Without any guarantees of Beacon actually working, ever, you're basically trying to blind draw 3 copies of Alolan Ninetales GX, 2 copies of Octillery, and 1 copy of Alolan Ninetales BUS, assuming none are prized. By adding in 3 Evosoda, that effectively doubles your rate of blind drawing your GX after getting N'd, and more than doubles your odds of getting out Octillery, which leads to making Mallow live much more frequently and much sooner, which leads to another way to search for cards you need. It also makes your 1 copy of Alolan Ninetales BUS much easier to find. Yes, this deck does have 4 Ultra Ball, but you won't always have hands full of cards you want to discard. Hands don't always play out favorably. Evosoda comes at no cost and accelerates your deck, because if you play Evosoda to search out an evolution, you thin your deck even quicker than simply drawing into the evolution. Thinner deck = better chances at getting everything else.

I cut out all of the tech Pokemon except for Tapu Koko Promo, since Tapu Koko Promo has great pivot tactics with a free retreat, and flying flip does the 20 damage you may have wanted with Kukui in a much more controllable situation. My issue with Kukui is that even if you're fully set up, you won't always have a target that you want to swing at for 180/210 damage sitting in front of you. He locks out your target flexibility since you can't Guzma that turn, which ends up slowing you down. Draw 2 cards helped me out quite a bit, but the +20 damage was a thing where the stars had to align for it to work properly, which is not something you can rely on. Evosoda has led to me consistently getting Octillery 1 to 2 turns faster which ends up being better as I can use Abyssal Hand much sooner in the game. I also found that all of the tech Pokemon like Glaceon EX and Tapu Fini GX were simply stealing all of the energy from Alolan Ninetales GX. You want to keep your water energy rotating between 2 to 3 of your GXs to always have one that can Ice Blade and always have one that's ready to jump in for a Blizzard Edge. There's a certain ebb & flow to Alolan Ninetales GX energy management using retreats, discarding for Blizzard Edge, and Aqua Patch that is ruined by adding in too many secondary attackers. Alolan Ninetales GX will be getting you all of your prizes.

I'm going to continue testing this build and will update if I find other things that are better for this deck.

No problem. I think I've more or less picked Alolan Ninetales GX as my main deck and I've been playtesting its consistency several hours a day.

This is the latest update I made to the build:

Pokemon x16

Alolan Ninetales GX x3
Alolan Ninetales x1
Alolan Vulpix x4
Octillery x2
Remoraid x2
Tapu Lele GX x3
Tapu Koko Promo x1

Supporter x13

Sycamore x3
N x4
Guzma x3
Brigette x1
Mallow x2

Item x19

Aqua Patch x4
Ultra Ball x4
Evosoda x3
Float Stone x3
Choice Band x3
Field Blower x2

Energy x12

DCE x4
Water Energy x8

The main addition to the build is Evosoda, which just barely makes it into the 2018 rotation being a part of the Generations expansion. It efffectively replaces Dive Ball.

Through playing at just locals, I can tell you right now that 90 to 100% of your Beacons will get N'd. Everyone is running 3 Lele, 4 Ultra Ball, and 4 N. Your Alolan Ninetales & Octillery will never stay in your hand when you Beacon. Basically all of my games would go like this:

Turn 1 Brigette, set up 2-3 vulpix and 1 remoraid, pass turn.
Turn 2, shenanigans, Beacon.
Turn 3, get N'd, pray to redraw my evolutions, Beacon again and hope it works this time.
Turn 4, repeat turn 3 while you watch your opponent set up.

Basically until N or any supporter with N's effect leaves the game, attacks like Beacon and Magical Ribbon are basically only good for if you have a dead hand and you want to force your opponent to N you.

Adding Evosoda just boils down to mathematics. Without any guarantees of Beacon actually working, ever, you're basically trying to blind draw 3 copies of Alolan Ninetales GX, 2 copies of Octillery, and 1 copy of Alolan Ninetales BUS, assuming none are prized. By adding in 3 Evosoda, that effectively doubles your rate of blind drawing your GX after getting N'd, and more than doubles your odds of getting out Octillery, which leads to making Mallow live much more frequently and much sooner, which leads to another way to search for cards you need. It also makes your 1 copy of Alolan Ninetales BUS much easier to find. Yes, this deck does have 4 Ultra Ball, but you won't always have hands full of cards you want to discard. Hands don't always play out favorably. Evosoda comes at no cost and accelerates your deck, because if you play Evosoda to search out an evolution, you thin your deck even quicker than simply drawing into the evolution. Thinner deck = better chances at getting everything else.

I cut out all of the tech Pokemon except for Tapu Koko Promo, since Tapu Koko Promo has great pivot tactics with a free retreat, and flying flip does the 20 damage you may have wanted with Kukui in a much more controllable situation. My issue with Kukui is that even if you're fully set up, you won't always have a target that you want to swing at for 180/210 damage sitting in front of you. He locks out your target flexibility since you can't Guzma that turn, which ends up slowing you down. Draw 2 cards helped me out quite a bit, but the +20 damage was a thing where the stars had to align for it to work properly, which is not something you can rely on. Evosoda has led to me consistently getting Octillery 1 to 2 turns faster which ends up being better as I can use Abyssal Hand much sooner in the game. I also found that all of the tech Pokemon like Glaceon EX and Tapu Fini GX were simply stealing all of the energy from Alolan Ninetales GX. You want to keep your water energy rotating between 2 to 3 of your GXs to always have one that can Ice Blade and always have one that's ready to jump in for a Blizzard Edge. There's a certain ebb & flow to Alolan Ninetales GX energy management using retreats, discarding for Blizzard Edge, and Aqua Patch that is ruined by adding in too many secondary attackers. Alolan Ninetales GX will be getting you all of your prizes.

I'm going to continue testing this build and will update if I find other things that are better for this deck.

Evosoda is an interesting addition. I'll have to try it out in my Alolan Ninetales deck.

Have you considered adding another BUS Alolan Ninetales? I've completely shut down EX/GX heavy decks that just don't have an adequate response to it. I notice you don't run Rescue Stretcher or Super Rod so if it's KO'd you have no way to get it back out. Not to mention your only copy could be prized.

Evosoda is an interesting addition. I'll have to try it out in my Alolan Ninetales deck.

Have you considered adding another BUS Alolan Ninetales? I've completely shut down EX/GX heavy decks that just don't have an adequate response to it. I notice you don't run Rescue Stretcher or Super Rod so if it's KO'd you have no way to get it back out. Not to mention your only copy could be prized.

I actually cut one of my BUS Alolan Ninetales for one of the Evosoda (-1 BUS Alolan Ninetales, -2 Kukui, +3 Soda). This is my personal preference/playstyle, but I feel that Alolan Ninetales BUS and Alolan Ninetales GX are two completely different deck directions. If you're planning for the BUS wall, why play any GXs? Outside of maybe 1 Lele on bench to get Brigette, adding more GXs to the field just ruins the defense of BUS. Even if your opponent is running 1 or 2 tech Pokemon to out you, you're not going to lose with 2 to 3 BUS Alolan Ninetales on your side. For example, if you battled my deck and I layed out my BUS, your 2 BUS would just roll over my 1 copy anyway. I would honestly go ahead and flip the ratio to 2/3 GX/BUS if you want to go for the slow & steady but near certain win. The only thing that can guarantee wins against BUS is Meta(ng)google GX, but that deck is GG against any Alolan Ninetales build. And if you're playing GX's, investing energy into BUS to attack just takes away from Blizzard Edge, so I only use one to act as a shield as I charge up my GX's, then Float stone/Guzma/Retreat + Aqua Patch that sucker out of there, and if I set up fast enough I don't even need that. When I can have a turn 2 Alolan Ninetales GX with a DCE on it in my active, I'd rather go for that.

I don't know if I'm composing my thoughts well enough, but basically I think that GX and BUS contradict one another. I would personally pick one to focus on, and the other one just run 1 or 2 of as a failsafe. Speaking for myself, the only thing that stops me from going straight 4/4 BUS for nearly guaranteed wins is that it's a boring way to both win and lose.

And just personally, I'm never worried about the 1 card prize. Prizing is just a mandatory risk that's part of the game. Since my build is focused on winning off of Alolan Ninetales GX, my primary strategy is never compromised by prizing the BUS.

Evosoda is definitely an interesting choice. Has trying Wally crossed your mind either? I know it would take up your supporter for the turn, but you'd then be able to potentially get a Ninetales (either one) set up in a singe turn.

I wouldn't consider Wally because he's a supporter, and adding the 3 Evosoda is already pushing to the brinks of sacrifcing crucial cards for the rest of your deck, and I would never get rid of the 3 Evosoda for 2-3 Wally. The speed advantage is interesting, but there's no point if you don't have the energy to back it up - you would still like to take your chances at Beacon at least once, and I don't think my hand is ever ready for Octillery by turn 2.

Being searchable by Lele is an interesting concept, but before Wally I would put Skyla into my supporter line up so I can search out any trainer card I want, including the Evosoda. But since this deck already runs the Octillery + Mallow combo, you can already search for 2 cards that you need. Mallow -> 2 of anything is much better than just 1 Wally, and situationally better than Skyla. I find a way to get off a good Mallow at least once a game in a large majority of my games, so I think it's still the best choice.

Back