News Alolan Exeggutor-GX from SM4 Revealed!

Decidueye IS dead without Forest.
Decidueye PLUME is dead without forest.

Decidueye Ninetales and Decidueye Golisopod (And the theoretical Decidueye/Exeggutor) are different stories. Decidueye will never be as good as it was with Forest, but it is still viable.

• All Ultra Beasts GX - Not gonna happen in Crimson Invasion
  • Giant Exeggutor GX - Dragon-types are now garbage because of lack of cards supporting this card due to the rotation of DDE. Well this was exempted to the issue. It runs 1 type of Energy. The attacks are not great. The ACs are too expensive. The First attack can snipe everything for damage. 2-3 Geodudes. The reason why I give 2-3 because it is WEAK to Broski
I think you are all heavily underestimating this card

Snipe attack is alright but not the highlight. Might be good for picking things off in the end game and is always great to have a potential threat.

For 4 energies (GCCC) you do 120 and confusion
This
Is
Insane
Because when you take a crap ton of damage and add in the kind of pressure that espeon GX put on pokemon with its psybeam attack, you get a monster. Yea, Guzma and acerola exist, but consistently 2-shorting things while potentially forcing them to miss attacks is insanely good. Four energy cost? Who cares? Only one of those energies are actually non colorless, meaning DCEs plus support pokemon power this guy up easily. Not to mention we are in a much slower format which could potentially allow this card to have success.

The GX attack is great. With a choice band, OHKOs the majority of the format, then moves all the energy around to protect the pokemon from a lele or just from being discarded if exegutor gets KOed back.

Now I can't see this being paired with venasaur or vikavolt and here's why: it is much too inconsistent. TBH, vikabulu is pretty inconsistent as it is with basic attackers, not to mention additional stage one lines. I'm not saying vikavolt is bad (it's far from it) but because the deck literally wins based off getting turn two vikavolt and then praying you find your energy recovery in the late game which is a lot harder to pull off than it seems deckbuiling-wise. Now replace all your basic pokemon attackers and try and smash in some alolan exegutor lines; you will need to cut some extra stuff for more pokemon, combined with the fact that you can no longer just search for a vikavolt and attack; you actually have to play draw supporters to find the evolutions, and the list is already pretty tight as it is; I just don't see it happening. One last thing: the only thing this deck has going for it is that the energies stay on the field due to the clutch GX attack, but bulu was able to one shot things pretty easily and once you found you energy recyclers you just kept the 180 damage output coming and with exegutor, you really can't take many one shots.

Now if vikavolt isn't gonna work, then how the hell do you think venasaur is gonna work? At least with vikavolt, you found all the energies from the deck with abilities whereas here you need to draw into the energies which is a lot less reliable. "Nuff said.

The other thing this card really doesn't have going for it is an autoloss to gardy GX as when gardy has one Energy and you have four, you get one shorted by weakness. So when gardy becomes a lot less viable and it gains better partners, yea it'll definetly see a lot of play. But for now, it's just a great card that can't currently compete with the meta.

So yes it is a great card. Unfortunately, it will not see current play. Kinda like guzzlord in the standard format (at least until they release some Ultra Beast help cards....) but that's a completely different topic lol.

Why the long post?
Exegutor is my favorite alolan form alongside with ninetails lol

This is a pretty bad card overall.
All of the attacks are mediocre, and the second and 3rd cost way too much energy to ever be used. The snipe attack is pretty mediocre, the second bad for it´s 4 cost, the GX pretty much pointless.
Plus DDE is gone, it´s weak to fairy, just NOT good what else can be said.
At least it has above average HP.

Four energy cost? Who cares?

So yes it is a great card. Unfortunately, it will not see current play. Kinda like guzzlord in the standard format.

Guzzlord is bad because of its high energy cost.

A-Exegg is bad because of its high energy cost.

Who cares? Everyone. 4 energy for a two-shot attack is bad.

While this isn't an amazing card, the art is fantastic, and it's interesting enough to make me want a copy or two.

• All Ultra Beasts GX - Not gonna happen in Crimson Invasion
  • Giant Exeggutor GX - Dragon-types are now garbage because of lack of cards supporting this card due to the rotation of DDE. Well this was exempted to the issue. It runs 1 type of Energy. The attacks are not great. The ACs are too expensive. The First attack can snipe everything for damage. 2-3 Geodudes. The reason why I give 2-3 because it is WEAK to Broski
Do you even know about Venasaur?

Still not good enough in standard given that it has to deal with Gardevoir. I think it'll be a fun expanded deck though without Archeops around, and it still has DDE there. DDE with Venusaur in play is an instant 80 damage.

Guzzlord is bad because of its high energy cost.

A-Exegg is bad because of its high energy cost.

Who cares? Everyone. 4 energy for a two-shot attack is bad.
Yea but five dark energies is a lot different from one grass, three colorless. There are lots more options
Once again, venasaur is awful
Still not good enough in standard given that it has to deal with Gardevoir. I think it'll be a fun expanded deck though without Archeops around, and it still has DDE there. DDE with Venusaur in play is an instant 80 damage.
without archeops, everything is fun in expanded. Additionally, venasaur only provides extra energy to basic grass, so there goes that idea

EGGon Targaryen-GX!!
I'm gonna play this card whether or not it ends up being competitive because of this pun :p

This should be fun with Venusaur. I like the art hopefully the FA version looks looks good.

Of course, I know Venusaur and I love Venusaur, the ability is lit. But this is not a right Pokemon to be pair with.
1.) Venusaur is a Stage 2.
2.) Giant Exeggutor had a terrible 2nd atk. If it is 2 or 3 for 120, I'll agree with it.
3.) Running a Stage 2 and a Stage 1 would be too clunky.

Sorry, @steffenka.

Of course, I know Venusaur and I love Venusaur, the ability is lit. But this is not a right Pokemon to be pair with.
1.) Venusaur is a Stage 2.
2.) Giant Exeggutor had a terrible 2nd atk. If it is 2 or 3 for 120, I'll agree with it.
3.) Running a Stage 2 and a Stage 1 would be too clunky.

Sorry, @steffenka.
I'm not really sure why you apologize, but apology accepted! :p

Regarding Exeggutor, I think the artwork is super adorable (love the 4th head!), and I might include a 1-1 in my Sceptile-Ariados deck on TCGO :D

That's a nice card, I think we can create a funny deck with Kiawe-Alolan Exeggutor GX!!! Tropical Head for 100 damages to one of the opponent's Pokemon. Nice??? ;-D

Back