News Alolan Exeggutor-GX from SM4 Revealed!

I'm not really seeing this being better than Genesect.

The fact that you're sniping is pretty cool, but you're hitting for 50 less damage, and Genesect is both capable of accelerating energy onto himself with energy reload and with max elixir, and shining genesect is only a one-prize attacker for when lele destroys you with energy drive.

I LOVE alolan Exeggutor as a pokemon, but this card is just incredibly underwhelming.

Same for it not being as good as genesect but I could see this as a second option in some builds, kinda like how black kyurem was in Keldeo back in the day, if it was a second attacker that means that against gardevoir you could just not use it

Well, it's both good and bad that this is a dragon type. It's weak to Gardy, but it works really well in decks that lose the Volcanion. Alolan Ninetales GX was good, so I see this being good as well. I actually do agree that Decidueye could come back with this. Rare Candy isn't that bad of a replacement for Forest in a slow format. Throw a 2-1 Ninetales line into it, and you probably have a deck. I don't see this being good with Venusaur just because Venusaur doesn't stack, and you'd be better of playing Vikavolt with it. I called this though back at the "Which Pokemon do you want to see get a GX?", only instead of getting an effect, it got sniping, which is honestly just as good. If beast box actually becomes a thing, I think this could be a 1-2 of. Pokemon has also had a blast bringing back older Pokemon, so Propagation might actually see a reprint, especially with Zoroark GX getting printed with Empoleon's ability.

Ah Expanded will be nice with this, DDE and exeggutor will be sick.

You know there's better dragon types in expanded, right?

This card doesn't even really need DDE. Just stack DCE's on it and hand over a single grass energy and it's time to duel.

I can see this replacing Tapu Bulu in a Vikavolt deck, or even playing it with baby Venasaur. Only problem is that fairy weakness.

Why would you replace bulu with this? You can't one-shot basic EX's every turn with this, and stacking energy onto him for snipe damage is too slow in terms of scaling.

A dragon type that only takes one energy type? That has really good attacks requiring only 2 energy when combined with the upcoming Venusaur? That is also the derp tree? Whose fourth head is cutely peaking out behind an energy requirement?

ME WANT.

Obviously a shame that this'll probably never be playable simply because they made Gardevoir too bloody strong, but it's still a great card in its own right.

In the current meta this card gets murdered! I wish they gave him a fire weakness or something where he can't be insta-sniped by a one energy Gardevoir!
Have to agree with such a powerful fairy deck...it will be tough for dragons to see much play. I was excited at first as I was looking for something to play with venusaur....then realized it was dragon type. Even with just two energy attached, Gardevoir only needs 1 energy and a choice band to OHKO due to weakness.

This card doesn't even really need DDE. Just stack DCE's on it and hand over a single grass energy and it's time to duel.

Agreed. Especially since Exeggcute will probably not be a Dragon type.
While DDE has the benefit of setting up faster, DCE is more consistent and can be used on different mons; like Lele.

Well, I was anticipating this card, and I thought it was going to be a binder warmer, but the first attack is excellent for sniping and will inevitably see play in Decidueye (IT'S NOT DEAD EVEN WITHOUT FOREST). Dragon Hammer is fine but it is really just a place holder, but Tower-Go-Round-GX is fantastic!

It's viability is questionable but I am anticipating play for this card.
Decidueye IS dead without Forest.

I actually called it, for proof check my what items, trainers and stadiums do you want to see thread.

Don't know if it will see some play, but I absolutely love the artwork!
Me too, I think people will really only be playing him for his first Attack which is pretty amazing if you need to take out weak a bench. And the GX move could be used if next turn he will be knocked out, deal 180 damage then switch all your precious energies to a different Pokemon. I love it and I foretold the future. The art is amaze balls

If the GX attack cost barely anything you could use Darkrai GX, gets lots of energy on the bench then use GX attack, switch the energy to Exegutor then snipe for a lot of damage.

Back