ALL 'Phantom Forces' Scans! [10/24]

RE: 115+ 'Phantom Forces' Scans! [10/24]

Frost said:
I don't get the numerous complaints about Lysandre being renamed. "Last Resort" and "Trump Card" basically mean the same thing anyway, and there was never any sort of official translation that said the Japanese title is definitely supposed to mean "Last Resort." Kind of like how the set that became Supreme Victors is referred to as "Beat of the Frontier" in some places and "Pulse of the Frontier" in others.

"Last Resort" implies it's a desperate move in a do-or-dire situation, "Trump Card" gives a far more positive impression and Lysandre wouldn't be stressing out being beaten as he'd know he still has his main chance.

But 奥の手 seems to be more accurate to 'trump card' anyway at a quick glance

Pokemonlover903 said:
are the prerelease pull rates good?

I didnt get shit but every person around me either got an EX or FA, better than some i've been to, no aegislashes though, so that makes me sad just how Trevenant was basically non existent for base set.

Is it possible to use Manectric´s Assault Laser with Mew EX using only one lightning energy if I have Dimension Valley in play?
Now, Head Noiser + Trevenant or Seismitoad EX = troll

Sorry but Lysandre's Last Resort is a cooler title for a card, I had to look up the definition for trump card.

Lysandre's Trump Card actually makes sense when you look at it. The attack in the games, 'Trump Card', does damage based on how much PP the attack has when used, with low increments being better. This card is meant to be used in a dire situation, just like Trump Card.

Maaaaan the game looks pretty fun right about now. Tons of control in this set.

RoyTM said:
Is it possible to use Manectric´s Assault Laser with Mew EX using only one lightning energy if I have Dimension Valley in play?
Now, Head Noiser + Trevenant or Seismitoad EX = troll

Actually, that's a really good question, and I'm curious, myself now!

I'm looking at the cards for "pre-sale" on eBay and they are all using Pokébeach scans. One of the sellers took a picture of their computer screen in a poor attempt to blur out the watermark:rolleyes:. Looks like we're getting some free advertising.

I could see a good deck based around Aegislash, Bronzong, and Battle Compressor or Maxamar, Hydreigon, and Battle Compressor. You would use battle compressor to discard metal or dark energies then use Bronzong or Hydreigon to put those discarded energies on either Maxamar or Aegislash. If you have any energies in your hand, you could then attach those so it would be like attaching 2 energies a turn perfect for their moves that use those stacked energies.

Lance_Pearson said:
I could see a good deck based around Aegislash, Bronzong, and Battle Compressor or Maxamar, Hydreigon, and Battle Compressor. You would use battle compressor to discard metal or dark energies then use Bronzong or Hydreigon to put those discarded energies on either Maxamar or Aegislash. If you have any energies in your hand, you could then attach those so it would be like attaching 2 energies a turn perfect for their moves that use those stacked energies.
If you have at least 4 pokémon in your discard pile or 1 and a silver bangle in your hand (2 and muscle band), then Battle compressor + Flareon (plasma) = Aegislash EX X.X (also Virizion EX and Genesect EX)
Also, Leafeon plasma and a silver bangle can one hit K.O. Seismitoad EX so Eeveelutions can see a lot of play.

I'm convinced that this is the best set in a while. There are so many things you can build decks around and lots of disruption effects. So far I've tried.

Gengar EX: My favorite card of the set so far. I've both played it and played against it and both times it won. It's easy to power up and can do a lot of damage quickly (especially with Virbank). I paired it up with Dragalge so Gengar can switch into a wall (Aegislash, Sigilyph, Latias) and that they can't break or escape from. It's not a sure fire lock, but the limits it puts on opponents can really wear them down, and does wonders. While I hadn't had a chance to test it, it's not too hard to add in a Mega Gengar EX in any deck which uses Gengar (I want to see if this can be good).

Wobbuffett: This is a card I'm really starting to like. I haven't attacked with it yet, but this seems to be the best partner for Dimensional Valley and Mystery Energy. It reminds me of Mr Mime from the base set days (basically the same attack). In some ways, it's better than Garbodor because you can keep your own abilities (if you built your deck that way) and you don't have to scramble for tools to start the lock.

Bronzong: Maybe it's the way I built the deck, but I didn't get much about of Bronzong. I started with a Bronzor, lost that and it wasn't until midway through the game when I got one up and running. But that time, I had taken a few prizes with manual attachments. Speaking of which,

Dialga EX: A beast. The first attack can be surprisingly disruptive, especially against Seismatoad EX. The second attack is pure power. With a muscle band I was able to take a couple of prizes on a Mewtwo EX. This should probably be the main attacker in decks centered around Bronzong.

Last (and definitely not least) VS Seeker. A really cool card that can allow you to make a toolbox out of your discard pile. You still need a good amount of draw supporters (around 10 assuming you have a few ways to get them), but you can get away with putting on ofs of all of your non draw supporters. Xerosic, Lysandre, and Lysandre's Trump Card are all good ones. While I haven't played them, Iris and AZ seem like they could be good too. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to incorporate all these cards (I just don't use Skyla any more and use computer search as the ACE Spec).

RoyTM said:
Lance_Pearson said:
If you have at least 4 pokémon in your discard pile or 1 and a silver bangle in your hand (2 and muscle band), then Battle compressor + Flareon (plasma) = Aegislash EX X.X (also Virizion EX and Genesect EX)
Also, Leafeon plasma and a silver bangle can one hit K.O. Seismitoad EX so Eeveelutions can see a lot of play.
ahh, but you forget my never ending pool of plasma badges and lasers hehe

pokedan24 said:
(Insert pokedan24's essay here)
The Gengar thing sounds interesting. I think people are underestimating it because it takes a whopping two whole turns to power up the second attack. Come on, guys. Look at Vir/Gen. Granted, Gengar would have a whole different deck focus, but as you said, it does so much damage. You can also use the Sprit Link->MGengarEX for a surprise attack to win games. The best matchup with MGengar decks is probably Landorus, because you can use Land's Judgement with no drawbacks.

I honestly never thought Bronzong/Dialga/Aegislash was going to be good. Well, not in Standard format, but in Extended format Metal is going to be tier 1 simply because of Heavy Ball. I think the Metal Pokemon were designed specifically for Extended, because everything you need (besides Bronzor and any techs) have 3 Retreat cost. Metal still has a place in Standard, but there are better choices for a deck there.

Vs Seeker is my favorite card from this set. I've already remodeled my draw engine to incorporate Vs Seeker and it works amazingly. I had also included each of the three Supporter cards you mentioned once. Still debating on whether or not to switch to Computer Search though, because sometimes you just need to get that one thing out if your discard without also giving an edge to your opponent. I've added a Town Map too, because there are a ton of one-of cards now.

Carpey said:
pokedan24 said:
(Insert pokedan24's essay here)
The Gengar thing sounds interesting. I think people are underestimating it because it takes a whopping two whole turns to power up the second attack. Come on, guys. Look at Vir/Gen. Granted, Gengar would have a whole different deck focus, but as you said, it does so much damage. You can also use the Sprit Link->MGengarEX for a surprise attack to win games. The best matchup with MGengar decks is probably Landorus, because you can use Land's Judgement with no drawbacks.

I honestly never thought Bronzong/Dialga/Aegislash was going to be good. Well, not in Standard format, but in Extended format Metal is going to be tier 1 simply because of Heavy Ball. I think the Metal Pokemon were designed specifically for Extended, because everything you need (besides Bronzor and any techs) have 3 Retreat cost. Metal still has a place in Standard, but there are better choices for a deck there.

Vs Seeker is my favorite card from this set. I've already remodeled my draw engine to incorporate Vs Seeker and it works amazingly. I had also included each of the three Supporter cards you mentioned once. Still debating on whether or not to switch to Computer Search though, because sometimes you just need to get that one thing out if your discard without also giving an edge to your opponent. I've added a Town Map too, because there are a ton of one-of cards now.

Think about how cards like zoroark worked, you still have to have the energy to discard for the attack so you couldn't use Black Ballista or Lands Judgement without having 2 water or any amount of fighting attached

ThunderSloth said:
Carpey said:

Think about how cards like zoroark worked, you still have to have the energy to discard for the attack so you couldn't use Black Ballista or Lands Judgement without having 2 water or any amount of fighting attached

Yes, but if you put Rainbow Energys and possibly make the deck Fightning/Psychic it could work quite well (only one energy required).

Actually, the attack on Black Kyurem-EX says "Discard 3 Energy cards attached to this Pokemon." The attack won't fail if the Energy can't be discarded. Same goes for things copying Full Metal Impact on Dialga-EX. It doesn't say 'Discard 2 Metal Energy or this attack does nothing". It says 'Discard 2 Metal Energy.' Even if you don't have the specific Energy to discard when you attack. Now, things like Lugia-EX still need you to discard Plasma Energy in order to attack.

GadgetJax said:
Actually, the attack on Black Kyurem-EX says "Discard 3 Energy cards attached to this Pokemon." The attack won't fail if the Energy can't be discarded. Same goes for things copying Full Metal Impact on Dialga-EX. It doesn't say 'Discard 2 Metal Energy or this attack does nothing". It says 'Discard 2 Metal Energy.' Even if you don't have the specific Energy to discard when you attack. Now, things like Lugia-EX still need you to discard Plasma Energy in order to attack.

When I used zoroark online it wouldn't let me copy unless i had the energy to discard, could easily be a glitch though

Back