• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Alakazam/Giratina

Mega Mewthree...

A new threat has appeared.
Hey everyone.
With the new giratina coming out I and thinking about making a deck using M Alakazam EX and the previously mentioned Giratina. This deck would utilize battle compressor to get Giratina into your discard pile. Then using its ability you can spread some damage and come in with Alakazam for the OHKO. Are there any good cards that could be used to get Giratina back into the discard pile from my bench once I have already used it ability? Already thinking about parallel city.

Using Sky Field is a good option (though it would conflict with Dimension Valley for M Alakazam EX), since it gives you more space for Giratina until the stadium is kicked out of play (after which you can discard multiple Giratina). Zoroark GX is a great partner as usual with Trade to discard Giratina if you have the space, and it gives you a better chance of drawing the cards for the combos you need, though the new bans hurt. Hydreigon is a niche option with Weed Out to discard Giratina, though it may be too slow.

Like GoldenSwablue stated, Skyfield would be a good stadium for this deck, but two options you could consider is Super Scoop up and AZ. They could help pick your Giritinas up from your bench, and you could then discard it with something like Ultra Ball, Sycamore, and Mysterious Treasure, while also allowing you to pick up Mega Alakazams when needed so you can evolve them once more and activate Alakazams' ability. You might also want to consider some Malamar or Mega Turbo (for energy acceleration, which I have found is mandatory for Mega Alakazam) and Po Town, to help speed your deck up a bit. Hope this advice might give you some great ideas!:)

the new Banette could work with the damage moving ability. Also, doesn't Mimikyu GX have the same attack as a basic, though it does have less hit points.
I would more focus on mimikyu and banette, and using max elixir over the psychic stadium. Instead i would play a mixture of aqua base, po town, and the stadium that places 1 damage a turn on each GX ( and EX) pokemon each turn.

the new Banette could work with the damage moving ability. Also, doesn't Mimikyu GX have the same attack as a basic, though it does have less hit points.
I would more focus on mimikyu and banette, and using max elixir over the psychic stadium. Instead i would play a mixture of aqua base, po town, and the stadium that places 1 damage a turn on each GX ( and EX) pokemon each turn.
One worthy difference between the Mikikyu and Mega Aakazam, however, is the basic Alakazam's ability, where you do 20 damage to your opponent's active Pokémon and 30 to one of your opponent's benched Pokémon when you Mega evolve. It's just worth remembering when choosing between the two, as Mega Alakazam has different options to spread damage that Mimikyu lacks.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. Do you know if there are any tools that will get pokemon off of your bench?

Back