• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ahiro's BIG Tanks [HGSS-on] [Wailord & Donphan Prime]

Ahiro

Aspiring Trainer
New idea (?) of a Wailord Tank deck. And I'm really starting to like it, lol.

Decklist (Yay!):

Pokémon (26):
2-2 Wailord TM
2-2 Donphan Prime GS
2-2-2 Serperior B/W
2-2-2 Reuniclus B/W
2-2-2 Vileplume UD
2 Smeargle UD

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (23):
4 Pokémon Collector
3 PONT
4 Pokémon Communication
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Seeker
2 Dual Ball
2 Great Ball
3 Rare Candy

Energies (11):
7 {W}
4 {F}

Strategy:
The idea of this deck is to build Reuniclus, Serperior and Wailord (or Donphan Prime) ASAP (that's why is Smeargle. Acts as a starter and as a shield). Then, use the tank (Wailord or Donphan). A second strategy is start with Phanpy, evolve to Donphan and do earthquake meanwhile you build everything.
Wailord: This one is used against every deck except Lightening pokémons, like Zekrom. It does 100 with (because it will always be with its HP full), so it's a great tank IMO.
Donphan Prime: It's the Lightening counter tank (it's very useful, but when talking about HP is way better Wailord). The idea is that, against Lightening pokémons, it's attacks are reduced by 40. And it can use Earthquake without damaging your bench.

About the techs, Serperior works as a healer, and Reuniclus moves the damage counters. With that, you'll always have your tank at full HP, always ready to keep attacking. And attacking. The line of Vileplume is there because it's very probably that the Red Collection will have Pokémon Catcher. Meanwhile, I dunno what to replace it, so help would be appreciated.

The deck is not bad, it can build half of everything (Donphan, Serperior and Reuniclus) in 2 turns. Nevermind, any critic/suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

RE: BIG Tank [Wailord & Donphan Prime]

I know spiritomb is the starter but I dont think it would hurt to add 2 warp points or 2 switchs (whichever you prefer) I would say take out 1 palmer's and 1 PONT for 2 warp points or 2 switches. (this way you don't waste energy retreating.

RE: BIG Tank [Wailord & Donphan Prime]

Yeah, that's a good idea. I've done some changes from this decklist (added some drawing power and reduced by 1 the Wailord line). I fought against a Magnezone/Feraligatr deck and I won by far. Against Donphan, Magnezone should need 12 energies to KO Donphan, because it gets healed at the next turn.

I'll do the changes that I've made, and I'll add some warp energies.

RE: Ahiro's BIG Tanks [Wailord & Donphan Prime]

Ha! im making a BW ReSerp based deck as well! maybe we can help each other out. you have some great techs, cannot believe i did not think of this! you might want to think about the possible mid season ROTO, so warp "e" could be gone. adding grass energy could cause some inconsistence =[ so "e" is great. my thread has i think a pretty good TSS list minus Miasma valley. BeBe and palmers may be gone as well which is a mega bummer. hope i helped and you can help me as well =]

Peace

@ValassilRaptor Thanks a lot! About Bebe and Palmer, that depends of the Set Rotation. I don't think that they'll do a GS-on rotation, they drop too many cards with that option.
Now, about the Warp Energy... errr I of course I will change it xD maybe I'll add some energies or maybe a Dodrio UD for retreat cost. I also need to think a new drawing power since Uxie will sure be gone.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions :) I'll see if I can help you out.

^^^^^^
AWESOME! yeah im still worried about the roto, just tryin to be safe cuz i actually want to do well since i just started back up
AHHHDRAW POWER!! we should do research! bcuz without it our ideas could be too slow, and what are we gona do about SABLEDONK!! we could tech with possible spiritomb but too much chance =[ wait you already did! my B
instead of Uxie i started to use smeargle, great starter and good set up for twins. i know its no replacement but it seems like the new fire decks are going to get the new draw power withNinetails

PeAcE

Yeah, Smeargle is a fine starter (IMO Spiritomb AR and Sableye SF are way better, but... oh well, Sableye will be gone in this rotation, so yeah, Smeargle is a fine option).
About the drawing power.... errrr, well, there are not too many options: We'll have Noctowl GS (which I believe Dodrio SV does the same...? I don't remember right now, I'll search for it scan), Magnezone Prime TM (which is very slow to build up, so this drawing power it's useful only if you use Magnezone Prime as a main attacker) or supporters, like Team Rocket's Trickery, Cheren, Cheerleader's Cheer, Bill, Volkner's Pholosophy, etc. The game will be slower, knowing that cards as Uxie and Azelf will be gone (we have Rotom TM for get useful prized cards, but it's still an Azelf wannabe). The decks that I think that will not fall in the speed lowering are the ones that use Magnezone Prime, such as Feraligatr Prime/Magnezone Prime. Also, Sabledonk will be gone, because Sableye SF will be gone. :p
I think that I'll use Noctowl GS as my new drawing power, but I still don't know. But we have like 5 months to use the MD-on set, so we still don't have to worry xD

Quite right then! hopefully the hopeful slower set up of the format will work in our favor.
i wont use this time to worry then! ill use it to make two versions of this beast of a deck
i think Noctowl is a great idea for right now
if you watch theJwitz youll see what im talkin about with sableye =[ cuz he may win werlds along with Sp cuz of the insane speed boost of first turn and NERFED candies

Peace man

"if you watch theJwitz youll see what im talkin about with sableye =[ cuz he may win werlds along with Sp cuz of the insane speed boost of first turn and NERFED candies"
I.... didn't understand that, I'm not that good in english n.nU

With the set rotation (or when pokémon cacher appears) I'll add a line of Vileplume and Noctowl (maybe) for blocking poké catchers. I'm still thinking about it. But that'll be in some distant future.

ohh good idea, yeah noctowl is ok ish but its all we have

sorry about that, let me clarify. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJWittz watch this and you you will be sad face =[[
and rare candies are much slower now. either way you n i will get this deck working to its best.
and worlds will be dominated by SP decks and Sabledonk bcuz of ^^^^^^^

peace

Oh, I see... BUT, Sabledonk will be gone in september, and using Spiritomb makes it slower. It's only a matter of how fast you build this deck. If you build fast Serperior and Reuniclus, you can keep waiting with any pokémon to end building your Wailord or your Donphan. The idea is to build ASAP Reuniclus and Serperior to make your active pokémon a tank.

Is this SV-On? Because I don't see the very much needed Broken Time Space. You have 2 Stage2 and 2 Stage1 lines, which is absolutely horrendous. Cut either Donphan or Wailord out and save some room in your deck.

Rare Candy is a MUST. Doesn't matter if it's going to be B/W rules or not; Rare Candy is still very much a staple for Stage2 decks.

it will be?!?!?! thaaannnkkkyouuu!! yeah spirit is the only counter tech we have.
the thing is we have to use trial and error a lot in order to make this a true speed deck.
also might be wise to put in Umbreon UD for lostgar and PokePower/body heavy decks ^.^ /possibly/
and finding a really good TANK attacker will be somewhat tough

Errr.... you don't need anything against Lostgar. The only thing that can do Gengar against this deck is sending your pokémons in hand to the lost zone. Besides that, you can KO Gengar Prime in one turn or two. Also, Wailord can do 120 damage with e-belt (IMO is a great tank), maybe Donphan can be swaped for another tank, but also the idea of Donphan is a quick tank (Wailord is slower than Donphan, that's why I used it in this deck).

If you want draw power (its a stage two which can be costly), Magnezone Prime fits the bill Perfectly.

Yeah, that was my second option. It can be costy but it's better than Noctowl. And knowing that all the deck will be slower... hmm, maybe is the best choice when rotation occurs.

^ Much better than Noctowl. Its going to be BIF after rotation for draw power. There is just nothing else except Professor Oaks visit for draw, and thats a Supporter

You're right. My big question is: 1 line or 2 lines of Magnezone? Because it will be a big problem if you get prized anyone of the line.

Back