• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aggron

killers0820

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (all from Undaunted unless indicated otherwise)
4-3-2 Metagross
2 Skarmory
3-2 Umbreon
3-2 Houndoom Prime
4-3-1 Aggron T
total- 29

Energy
9 {M}
4 {M} special
4 {D}
3 {D} special
total- 20

T/S/S
2 Team Rocket's Trickery
2 Interviewer's Questions
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Switch
1 Twins
1 Professor Elm's Training Method
1 Professor Oak's Theory
total- 11

Strategy:
Aggron is definitely the biggest hitter in the deck, but there are also 2-Stage evolutions like Umbreon and Houndoom that can do some damage. The main focus is to hit hard enough to disrupt my opponent's set-up.

Possible Changes:
-I do have a good Scizor line, but I don't know what else I could add to it.
-I also have Sableyes and Mawilles that could be added.
-If I was to replace any of the pokemon lines, it would have to be Metagross.
-The deck has a tendency to be short on basic pokemon, but that can fixed.
-There are too many energies I think
-I need trainers and supporters that fit with my deck better

Any criticism is appreciated. Thanks!

In almost any deck, 15 or so energies is max, and you usually want around 20 trainers and supporters, you need to focus on one pokemon and use it as your attacker and then tech in some others for matchups.

What would be some good techs for this deck? And do you have any suggestions on what I should look for in the trainer/supporter cards?

Before I give you some advice on what to take out;

1)What line of metagross are you using(Undaunted, i would assume)
2)I'm assuming the Skarmory is from UD also?

Oh, and Umbreon and Houndoom Prime are Stage-1's.

Yes. I made some major changes to the deck, so it would be great if I could get some opinions.

Pokemon:
1 Sableye SF
3-2 Umbreon UD
4-3-1 Aggron TR
3-2 Scizor Prime
3 Skarmory UD
Total- 22

T/S/S:
1 Conductive Quarry
2 Energy Exchanger
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Engineer Adjustments
2 Interviewer's Questions
3 Team Rocket's Trickery
1 Twins
1 Professor's Oak New Theory
1 Professor Elm's Training Methods
2 Bebe's Search
1 Luxury Ball
Total- 19

Energy:
8 {M}
4 Special {M}
3 {D}
4 Special {D}
Total- 19

Strategy:
Now, the main strategy is get out fast, hit hard, and hopefully disrupt my opponent's set-up. The primary set-up cards are Skarmory (with Metal Coat) and Sable (with Impersonate or Overconfident if they are under 60 HP). Umbreon (with Moonlight Fang) and Scizor (with Red Armor) both work as techs, and Scizor can do some damage with Metal Scissors. The Aggron is a tank with Guard Claw and Second Strike, so it can do 140 in two turns. When you factor in that Guard Claw prevents 20 damage from hitting Aggron, it's a lethal combo (but only if I can get him out with four energies on him).

Changes from my first post:
-I took out the Metagross and Houndoom Prime lines. Neither of them were doing very much.
-I added Scizor Prime, a Sableye and two Skarmories.
-I took out one Steel Energy and swapped in a Special Dark Energy for a basic one.
-I added a number of trainers and supporters.

Possible Changes (tell me what you think of these):
-2 {D}
-1 Twins
-1 Pokemon Communication
-1 Team Rocket's Trickery
+2 Sableye SF
+1 Scizor Prime
+2 Trainers/Supporters

Please give me any feedback you can on this. Any criticism is appreciated.

Okay, if Sableye is your preferred starter, put in at least 3 to make sure it is what you start out with. If Umbreon and Scizor Prime are just techs, run a 2-2 line of each(it will make sure you don't start w/ a lone Eevee or Scyther). If Umbreon and Sableye are the only Dark attackers in your deck, lower the sp. dark to 2, so you can add a few more Metal energy.If Aggron is your main attacker, you need to run at least 3, and 4 aron is a bit much, so you can take one out. Be cautious when running Conductive Quarry because it benefits Luxchomp as well. Now for the trainers/supporters:
-3 Team Rocket's trickery(it just isn't that good, your opponent will most likely be stocking up on cards anyway, and to their benefit, a discarded card could mean game, for example, Magikarp)
-2 IQ(you are running plenty of energy, this shouldn't be a problem)
-1 Twins(this doesn't really help, you will be ahead with Aggron anyway)

Engineer's Adjustments- This might be something you want to add. Considering you can discard a metal and (hopefully) get it right back with Conductive, it would be a good add to your deck. +2

Professor Oak- good hand refresh. +1

Bebe's Search- one of the best supporters out there right now. +2

Now, here's the tricky part. I'm going to pit Scizor Prime against Dialga G LV.X.

Scizor Prime

Pros
-Blocks Special energies(very common)
-reasonable attack

Cons
-a bit slow
-if aggron is main attacker, then it might just be wasted bench space

Dialga G LV.X

Pros
-Blocks Poke-bodies(especially helpful against Vileplume)
-Deafen really helps out

Cons
-The X's attack is heavy on energy

You cannot play both of these, because time crystal will just block Red Armor, which is pointless. I would go with Dialga G X, but you can choose.

Also, Sableye and SKarmory are your preferred starters. Just be cautious: If you end up w/ both in your hand, do not make the wrong decision. It can cost you a game.

Anyway, you don't have to listen to anything I say, but that is my take on it. Pokemon collector is also helpful, which many people on this website bash me for, so I don't want that to happen to you. And if you have Redshark, PM me if you want to battle. :D You're welcome. :D

Back