• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Adaptation: Gardevoir-GX Deck That Won Japan Nationals

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!

So a Gardevoir-GX deck won a Japanese tournament recently (google has a video on this decklist above - he says the tournament is like a Japanese National tournament (sorry if this counts as me clickbaiting you) so pretty much Japan Nationals) And I'm thinking of how we can adapt this list for English Standard (Japan play XY on so this list uses cards we cannot use).

PU26qrn7LCHZrOghTHTIw2VsAxQ4kbDJkvnzoiETe5VcPI2r5D3_p4yDkjhVf7uYY7oLqNn4bnkPswF4x6esCCYfSONXOVrs96HeLOBja-WAAknYqOaswt5X3cB4GBx2IWNAq0ji

Here is the list that won:

Pokemon: 20

4x Ralts
3x Kirlia
3x Gardevoir-GX
1x Gallade
2x Remoraid
2x Octillery
1x Diancie
2x Tapu Lele-GX
1x Giratina
1x Oricorio (Supernatural Dance)

Trainers: 29

4x Sycamore
3x N
1x Guzma
1x Fisherman
1x Bridgette
1x Korrina

4x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
4x VS Seeker
2x Rescue Stretcher
1x Field Blower

3x Silent Lab

1x Choice Band

Energy: 11

6x Fairy Energy
1x Wonder Energy
4x Double Colourless Energy

Diancie:

Diancie – Fairy – HP90

Basic Pokemon

[Y] Sparkling Prayer: Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokemon and put it onto that Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Then, shuffle your deck.

[Y][C] Diamond Storm: 30 damage. Heal 30 damage from each of your [Y] Pokemon.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 1

Guzma:

XFKyL1Z02ueaHBMgvIfBoRr7YGGJyD98BwP9vT6A7hg9G61o_0z3h_NVKHUg_INaM5t_D2Jjj_9xGfwLW_beZ3rTufz9Nm-G872AV_IbgAzOTtG1MxOIFZgvmmwxjOuJyCXxVTOY

Stuff we cannot/will not need to use:

(I am assuming that rotation will be BKT on because it seems the most logical)

- Korrina is in Expanded
- Wonder Energy and Silent Lab are in Primal Clash so will definitely rotate
- VS Seeker is in Roaring Skies so will definitely rotate (nooooooooo)
- Giratina is only useful in expanded, unless you are that worried about Greninja
- Oricorio is better in Expanded for this deck, against Night March and Vespiquen (battle compressor is really good in these decks)

This gives us 11 spaces to work with!

Here is a list I am thinking of:

Pokemon: 19

4x Ralts
3x Kirlia
3x Gardevoir-GX
1x Gallade
2x Remoraid
2x Octillery
2x Diancie
2x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 28

4x Sycamore
3x N
3x Guzma
1x Fisherman
1x Bridgette

4x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
2x Rescue Stretcher
1x Field Blower

3x Fairy Garden

1x Choice Band
2x Float Stone

Energy: 11

7x Fairy Energy
4x Double Colourless Energy

Open Spots: 2

Possible additions:
Another Gallade
Another Choice Band
Fairy Drop
Wish Baton -

Wish Baton – Trainer

Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

If the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s attack, choose up to 3 Basic Energy attached to that Pokemon and move them to one of your Benched Pokemon.

Let me know any thoughts or possible additions!

P.S. Float Stone is for Octillery and Tapu Lele, because you want energy on Gardevoir so no Fairy Garden for them.

Last edited:
Lele is also an admittedly decent attacker, so the Float Stones are mainly for Octillery in that case IMO. Working in a Special Charge to recycle the DCEs wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Lele is also an admittedly decent attacker, so the Float Stones are mainly for Octillery in that case IMO. Working in a Special Charge to recycle the DCEs wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Yes I agree, Float Stones are mainly for Octillery. You do have Gardevoir's GX attack to recycle Double Colourless Energy, but Special Charge can be a good tech.

I know this is probably a little too creative, but since we can recycle item cards im thinking two energy reset and two max potion to heal a damaged attacker and move energy to other attackers if you attached too many energies for one knock out.

I don't think they will rotate one BREAK set, it seems kind of weird to do so. They tend to rotate 3-4 sets a year, so if we lose Primal Clash, Roaring Skies, and Ancient Origins, keeping the Pokemon BREAK concept in Standard, for 2018 - 2019 they will have to rotate BKT, BKP, FAC, STS, and EVO for Sun and Moon on, which will get rid of all the Breaks at one time, rather than losing one. That's just my theory, we will hopefully know soon.

I don't think they will rotate one BREAK set, it seems kind of weird to do so. They tend to rotate 3-4 sets a year, so if we lose Primal Clash, Roaring Skies, and Ancient Origins, keeping the Pokemon BREAK concept in Standard, for 2018 - 2019 they will have to rotate BKT, BKP, FAC, STS, and EVO for Sun and Moon on, which will get rid of all the Breaks at one time, rather than losing one. That's just my theory, we will hopefully know soon.
I don't feel like we should argue about this here, but....

It would be much easier for TPCI to just say you can use anything from 2016 and up instead of 2016 and up + BKT and its promos. Also, you could argue, wouldn't it make sense for them to keep the entire XY era, it's the same concept

I don't feel like we should argue about this here, but....

It would be much easier for TPCI to just say you can use anything from 2016 and up instead of 2016 and up + BKT and its promos. Also, you could argue, wouldn't it make sense for them to keep the entire XY era, it's the same concept

I agree, no point arguing, I would personally like for the whole world to play the same format, Japan gets XY on Standard and it doesn't really make sense. But hey, we will find out soon what rotation is.

Rotation is officially BKT on! After, a bit more research, here is the list I am considering:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Diancie BUS
* 4 Ralts BKT/BUS
* 3 Kirlia BKT/BUS
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 1 Gallade BKT 84
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 N PR-BLW BW100
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Skyla BKP 122
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Energy Retrieval AOR 99
* 1 Max Potion GRI 128

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
*2 Choice Band GRI 121

* 2 Fairy Garden FAC 100

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166
* 7 Fairy Energy

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

You can cut an N for a second Tapu Lele-GX, I'm only playing one for budget reasons.
You could also play Special Charge instead of Energy Retrieval.

I like where this deck is headed. I built a variation (simplified version) of this deck and have a current 24 game win streak. I let my 8 year old use it and she won 4 of 5 games in the after rotation and new release format. Here is our variation:

Pokemon-19

Ralts-4
Kirlia-3
Gardevoir GX-4
Tapu Lele GX-2
Remoraid-2
Octillery-2
Oranguru-1
Alolan Vulpix-1

Trainers-31

N-4
Guzma-4
Brigette-1
Skyla-1

Choice Band-2
Rare Candy-3
Energy Retrieval-4
Ultra Ball-4
Super Rod-2
Professor's Letter-3
Field Blower-1

Fairy Garden-2

Energy-10

Fairy Energy-6
DCE-4

My reasoning for this deck build is it becomes a version of a wheel deck with the abilities of Oranguru and Octillery. You will never be short of cards in hand when you get set up. It is very easy to set up this deck. I have found myself using N and Guzma in some cases as discards for Ultra Ball to obtain Octillery and others. With the GX attack of Gardevior GX, you will never miss VS Seeker.

Only adjustment I am considering is -1 Energy Retrieval and -1 Ultra Ball for maybe +1 Choice Band and +1 Fairy Energy or maybe +2 Wish Baton when we officially get them.

Interested in you thoughts.

what/who have you been playing against?

We have tested against modified pre rotation decks and decks that will be legal in format after rotation and new release. It is fascinating because this GX is so simple yet so complex at the same time. If you are not afraid to cycle through a lot of cards in a match, then this deck (and many variations) will be on top for a long time.

Back