Accelgor Discussion Thread

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
11-accelgor.jpg

Does anybody see Accelgor making an impact on our current metagame. I mean a serious impact, not just one or two players playing to troll people. I think the best way to play this card that has been come up with so far is with Gothitelle and Mew. I personally have tested this with Magnezone. It was good, but couldn't keep up on the prize trade because when I knocked something out, they would take an easy KO and eventually, I ran out of Gothitelles. Any ideas?

I've tested this with both Vileplume/Sunflora and Gothitelle/Dodrio/Mew Prime and well I think Vileplume/Sunflora works best, just because when the deck is set-up, streaming Accelgors is really easy, that is not the case with Mew Prime. Anyway like you mentioned the problem is they just return KO something, and since you will never take the first prize or prizes, it's a losing battle for you. Deck might see some play at BR's (because it is a fun deck to play and BR is supposed to be fun) but the deck is not competitive enough to be a choice for nats.

I don't think there's a ton of ideas that'll shake up the format, but I have made a fun deck with Cinccino NXD to add more stall time in case they get a Switch.
I think that Trainer-lock would be needed, but yeah, it's tough to tell.

The problem with Vileplume Sunflora is that you can't play trainers. I also use Darkrai over Dodrio.

Running a Kingdra line to get you the last hit is always an option, but setting up a Vileplume or Gothitelle already it can be slower. If you can't keep them under trainerlock you are going to lose. It has to be a full lock with such frail attackers. And if you don't get the the T1 see off with Mew Prime it really doesn't eat Mewtwo for breakfast, and that see-off requires building at least part of your deck around that T1 goal and speed, which hurts the overall consistency of setting up consistent accelgors.

I don't think it will be more than a rogue or an occasional terrakion counter in the truth, but even then it isn't really needed. Terra isn't a huge threat to Truth decks.

Unlimited, though, it works great with Spiritomb. There was a thread in the New Player's section a while ago about it.

You wont have the time to waste energy attachments on Gothitelle. Dodrio is the only option.

Couldn't you use this with a Pokemon that switches itself/has the same effect as Accelgor as an attacker (kind of like a VoltTurn combo seen in VG), like Ferrothorn EP (or possibly something better)? Accelgor seems really cool to use otherwise. Dodrio seems like the best option, though.

That would mean you could only Paralyze the opponent every other turn. Can't use a Switching attack and then attack again with Accelgor in one turn.

Well, with Mew, you could LZ an Accelgor and then spam the attack. I don't know how well it would work, though.

Or you could just get a really bulky mon that can survive pretty much any attack with a Retreat Cost of two or less and use it with Dodrio and Accelgor. Has that been mentioned already?

The Yoshi said:
Or you could just get a really bulky mon that can survive pretty much any attack with a Retreat Cost of two or less and use it with Dodrio and Accelgor. Has that been mentioned already?

Gothitelle. You bring it up as trainer lock and it can survive the incoming attack that happens when you ko the opponent's pokemon.

I've tried the deck in a couple forms and it cannot survive late. It just can't. It mills itself out. I don't see the deck impacting us at all.

I've had my eye on Accelgor for a while now. It is going to be a very fun and competitive deck. The key to playing this deck will be finding a consistent way to toss a DCE on Accelgor and having a Shelmet on your bench at the beginning of every turn. Your opponent won't be able to KO your Gothitelle because of Paralysis and trainer lock. There is nothing they can do to break the lock unless they are playing an Unown Cure tech. Darkrai EX is much better than Dodrio, just toss a Dark Energy onto Gothitelle. This deck is a great excuse to play that beautiful Regionals Promo

I thought of this idea using Accelgor/Vileplume/Sunflora and Celebi Prime. When you send up Celebi after Deck and Cover you don't have to worry about getting that DCE every turn. And when you get the KO, send up something to take a hit (maybe Cinccino NXD). Just make sure you run high counts of Interviewers and Cilen.

Does anyone think you could tech in Magnezone Prime or Empoleon to draw cards? Empoleon would thin your deck so you would only have a few cards left.

You can't really just "tech in" a stage 2 in this format. Besides, Accelgor is already very tight as it is.

Back