• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Absol Knockout

Presence

Hidden Nobility
How is this build?
I just started this game a few days ago when my room mate went out and bought a couple starters for it. I quit yugioh soon afterwards...at least for the current format. It turns out that pokemon is way cheaper, and somewhat more creative, while just as competitive. I would like to be good at this game, so I've been studying some of the current decks, and trying to notice staples or techs that I like.

TOTAL CARDS: 60
There is so much to do in this deck...I need to make it focus a bit more, imo. The deck is supposed to be about abusing Absol's Doom News...but still being able to compete if that's impossible.

POKEMON: 17
Basic: 17
4 : Sableye, SF-48
3 : Mew (Prime), TM-97
3 : Absol G, SV-1
2 : Uxie, LA-43
2 : Unown Q, UF-134
1 : Azelf, LA-19
1 : Froslass GL, RR-6
1 : Absol (Prime), TM-91

TRAINERS: 27
Trainers: 8
2 : Pokemon Rescue, PL-115
2 : TGI Power Spray, PL-117
2 : TGI SP Radar, RR-96
1 : Pokemon Communication, GS-98
1 : VS Seeker, SV-140
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
Pokemon Tools: 3
2 : TGI Energy Gain, PL-116
Supporters: 16
4 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
4 : Cyrus's Conspiracy, PL-105
3 : Seeker, TM-88
2 : Copycat, GS-90
2 : Bebe's Search, RR-89
1 : Palmer's Contribution, SV-139

ENERGY: 16
Special Energy: 4
4 : Warp Energy
Basic Energy: 12
6 : Darkness Energy
6 : Psychic Energy

Well, I personally think you should have absol prime in there. It's a great start and absol decks are awesome.

I think you need absol lv.x so take out 1 mew prime for that and the other 2 for 2 more absol prime.

We are somewhat similar. I also have a roommate who I play Pokemon against. I haven't been to any Yugioh events in a long time. While Pokemon is the cheaper game to play and has more versatility in deck choice than Yugioh (pokemon rogue decks can do well in a competitive environment whereas it is much tougher to do well with a yugioh rogue deck), I was surprised to find Pokemon to be deceptively inconsistent in comparison to Yugioh.

I would probably use Professor Oak's New Theory over Copycat.

@Presence saying Pokemon is cheaper

how is it cheaper? I used to play YGO until Syncros came in and quit because I thought they were stupid. Pokemon SP: Luxray $60, uxie x= $60, dialga g x=Was 20-30 before collection box, Sp Engine=4 per most card, 8 for poketurn.

Granted in Ygo I still ran the same Cyberdragon/overlord fusion deck since POTD came out but I still did pretty well at local tournaments (facing lightsworn, Blackwings, and other top tier decks (they were when I quit, not sure if they still are)). I also ran semi-control/effect damage deck and also went 4/1 or 3-2 against aforementioned decks.

Most of the Blackwing stuff is common so how is that expensive? I know Lightsworn is/was expensive mainly because of judgement dragon)

On topic:

They can just retreat/warp point/poke turn/super scoop up/ETC their Doom News'd active to make the effect go away and just keep on attacking. I'm sorry but I don't think it's very competitive.

Guy's pokemon is obv cheaper. A synchro deck alone runs up into 2-300's of dollars, and the main deck is only a bit less than that. A yugioh deck is more consistent simply because of the lack of energies. Either way, back onto topic, I thought I could only run 4 of any name which would mean I can't add more Absol Primes, also, If you don't think it's competitive, then give me fixes...duh...

no offense..but the Deck Itself is not competitive, as in the combo you are trying to pull off is ineffective. Unless you want to scrap the deck, or change it completely to something else (such as Tyranitar with absol g/x tech) then there's not much that can be done if you want a Good, Competitive deck (and tyranitar is iffy on being competitive already)

As I said, I quit when crossroads of chaos came out..so therefore I have little knowledge of the current cost

Back