Absol deserves a good card!

Alchemist_Almighty

Don't camp the baby...
I'm a huge fan of Absol, and I'm sick of the card game treating it like garbage!

*cries like the little Absol fanboy he is*

So I decided to make my own version of an ex form of Absol.  Nintendo!  Are you reading this!?!?!?!?!?

Click for full image.  Here's the attacks written out:

Absol ex (D)
80 HP
Weakness: Fighting
Resistance: Psychic -30
Retreat: *

[C] Slash  20

[D] [C] Black Cry  20
The Defending Pokemon cannot retreat or use Poke-Powers during your opponent's next turn.

[D] [D] [C] [C] Perish Song
Both Absol and the Defending Pokemon are now Poisoned.  Place damage counters on both Absol and the Defending Pokemon until they are 30 HP away from being Knocked Out (if either are less than 30 HP away then this attack does not place damage counters on them).  Evolving or Devolving Pokemon will not remove Poison until the end of your next turn.

Is it broken?  Not really, considering he's an ex.  Is it better than what Nintendo's been doing?  Most definitely.  The only thing I forgot to add to the card before hosting it is in red text.

Absol is a good pokemon but it's attacks are not that good usually.:)

You forgot to put the "ex" suffix after Absol's name in Perish Song's effect.

Speaking of which, no one will ever use it. You're using four Energy to poison yourself and bring yourself down to 30 HP. Switch owns you, Briney owns you, anything that gets the target out of the active spot owns you. Absol ex is also just that - an ex. By using Perish Song, you're pretty much sealing your doom (no pun intended).

Not broken, though.

This is a card to use when your opponent has only 1 pokemon left and you have to time the card right and if you use it to early then you will run into trouble. It has to be the right time to use the card. Sorry I did not see the EX part in the card because I can't see very well.:)

More times than not, you will have more than 1 Pokémon in play when the last Prize card is taken. And in the event you've been reduced to only 1 Pokémon, chances are whatever's been killing your guys off is strong enough to get the job done. There is no reason to waste four Energy on a suicidal Pokémon-ex, especially when two of them need to be Darkness.

80 hp? Weak attacks? EX? Seems more like a normal card to me. Here's how I'd edit some stuff:

HP: 90 or 100. 80 is too little for an EX.

[C] Slash 20 (That works)

[D] [C] Dark Cry 20 (Same effect, but you should also write that evolving or anything else can't take away this effect.)

Now I'm either gonna edit Perish Song or just give him a completely new attack......I'll do both!

[D] [D] [C] [C] Perish Song - Place a Perish Counter on all Active Pokemon. A Perish Counter deals 20 damage to the pokemon it is attatched to between turns. *Perish Counters cannot be removed in any way, except for if the pokemon leaves play* You may choose to discard all energies attatched to Absol Ex. If so, do not place a Perish Counter on it.

And here's another possible attack:

[D] [D] [C] [C] Razor Wind
Next turn, Razor Wind does 80 damage and has no effect.

That would be a sweet card.

Usually EX's have 130 HP or higher and attacks are usually 50 and higher. That is usually the EX range but that one is still an awesome card.:)

Wow I thought it was for all EX's.:)

I have seen them but not for awhile.:) I can't remember their HP and attacks until I see the card or look at them if I haven't looked at them for awhile.:)

Yeah, there are multiple EX's with just 80 HP. Plus, he's a dark type so all those dark energies add to his moves. Razor Wind would do 100 damage on the 2nd turn.

Any attack that is less than 100 should use less than 4 enegy cards and any attack over that should only use 4 because you only have 26 27 or 28 energy cards in a deck.:)

Actually, If he's gonna go with the Razor Wind attack, it should do a base of 100, that means it would be the equal of using two 60 damage attacks, except all in one turn.

I say that would be about right.:)

RE:  Absol deserves a good card!

ChanseyMaster said:
[D] [D] [C] [C] Perish Song - Place a Perish Counter on all Active Pokemon. A Perish Counter deals 20 damage to the pokemon it is attatched to between turns. *Perish Counters cannot be removed in any way, except for if the pokemon leaves play* You may choose to discard all energies attatched to Absol Ex. If so, do not place a Perish Counter on it.

I thought about doing something like that, with a new counter and such, but I chose unremovable Poison instead since it's an already existing game mechanic. Yes, Perish Song can easily be countered, but the goal of the attack is to get their Active Pokemon out of the way. If they don't retreat it on their next turn, it's dead by the time their next turn rolls around. I do like the last part about discarding all energies attached to Absol ex to make him immune though. Perhaps I'll edit the card later with that effect. How's this:

[D] [C] [C] Perish Song
All Active Pokemon are now Poisoned. Place damage counters on all Active Pokemon until they are 30 HP away from being knocked out (if any Pokemon is less than 30 HP away from being knocked out, place no damage counters on them). Evolving or Devolving a Pokemon will not remove Poison until the end of your next turn. You may discard all Energy cards attached to Absol ex when you perform this attack. If you do, Absol ex is not affected by this attack.

I may also give him 90 HP. Thanks for the advice guys!

Fixing up the wording.

Each Active Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) is now Poisoned. Put damage counters on each Active Pokémon until each one is 30 HP away from being Knocked Out. Until the end of your next turn, the Special Condition Poisoned can't be removed by evolving or devolving the Poisoned Pokémon. You may discard all Energy attached to Absol ex. If you do, this attack does nothing to Absol ex.

Took wording from these cards:

Breloom - Sandstorm (Super Poison Breath)
Weezing - Deoxys (Liability)
Full Flame - Legend Maker
Ampharos - Unseen Forces (Miraculous Thunder)

Just change a few words here and there, and you're done. Simple!

Giving him 90 HP would make him playable since he's a Basic Pokémon-ex. The way of the 80 HP Pokémon-ex went out with R/S (excluding that loser named Celebi ex from POP 2 that no one cares about and the even worse Celebi ex secret rare from Unseen Forces with 70 HP)- I don't want to see any of those ever again.

It is still a good card though.:)

I like it alot!
Very nice font u used as well!
(This is my 900th post! yay!)

Back