Ruling Abilities

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys!

I'm pretty sure, that the question was here before, but there're so much threads, so, if you can answer it here (or give me a link), it sure be great help: This time, I'd like to ask, if Abilities are always active, even if the Pokémon is put to sleep/paralysis/burn/other condition?
Because, if it is, then this Chandelure is pretty unstoppable killing machine. I just recognize it, when I play against myself with two decks and in one of them I have this Chandelure and I attacked it with this Liligant's first attack. I've got heads and Chandelure became Paralyzed and Poisoned. Because I didn't find on the Chandelure anything, what stops its Ability, I used it as normally and I killed my Liligant…

So, thanks for answers ;-)

This time, I'd like to ask, if Abilities are always active, even if the Pokémon is put to sleep/paralysis/burn/other condition?

They are, yes. It doesn't say on the card that it stops working if it has a Special Condition, so assume it always works unless it specifically says otherwise. (which there hasn't been a case to date.)

Back