RSE/FRLG A Third Generation remake?

ThatPokemonCollector said:
X & Y aren't Third gen remakes, they probably won't make another one. They will make X & Y 2 or a Ranger game to fill in the space before the generation after.

Oh. Ok, (well that sucks) I just dont get it!! Why wont they make a ERS remake?! WHY?! Is the best region next to Kanto and Sinnoh in my opinion, and 80% of my favorite pokemon list is of that region. Third Generation rules, it RULES!

@Mitja, you're missing my point about Pokemon availability:
Every Pokemon is available in a Generation. Whether it's method of obtaining is via ingame trade, transferring from a previous Gen, or PokeWalker/Dream World, or ingame event they are all available.
So as it stands, we aren't able to get the 2nd, 3rd or 4th Gen starters in Gen.6 (however since we know next to nothing about this Gen yet there could be a sidequest-y thing in Gen.6 region which has them.

P.DelSlayer said:
@Mitja, you're missing my point about Pokemon availability:
Every Pokemon is available in a Generation. Whether it's method of obtaining is via ingame trade, transferring from a previous Gen, or PokeWalker/Dream World, or ingame event they are all available.

We usually don't even need that much, in 3rd and 4th gen we can get all of them without having to resort to past gen transfers, outside peripherals, or events, we can catch em all through normal gameplay.

I hope they'll remake Ruby and Sapphire. It can be true that some Hoenn Pokemons can be found in Unova in Black2/White2, but the Nostalgia GF always like to cause on every generation. Also, Ruby and Sapphire were revolutionary versions if you consider that abilities, natures and the new EV and IV system were launched in that generation along a Pokedex that is considered by many as one of the best dexes ever launched.

Pokemon doesn't have any reasons to remake R/S/E. All the Pokemon in those games can be found in HG/SS, D/P/P and B/W. The reason they remade Silver and Gold was because you couldn't get most of the Pokemon there in the newer games (most of them could be found in FR/LG, but I guess they remade Silver and Gold for the people that don't own a GBA)

I honestly thought 6th gen would introduce 4th gen re-makes. Looks more like it's gonna be 3rd gen.

Sure, you can obtain all 649 Pokemon with the games we have now, and sure there's a high probability that importing from Gen 5 to Gen 6 will be a thing.

But Pokemon availability isn't the only reason people want remakes. In fact, that's pretty low on my personal list of reasons I'd like to see a 6th gen R/S. I liked the story, the diversity in routes (inb4 LOL BUT HALF OF THEM ARE WATER), the overarching themes of duality and the importance of nature. It was the only generation without route gates, with decent secret bases, with contests that were pure strategy and didn't have some sort of musical gimmick. It would be really cool to see all of these elements brought back to a current-gen console.
Sure, you can still play R/S/E if you still have an older console, but that was true for Fr/Lg and Hg/Ss as well.

So yeah. I want remakes. :v

Honestly, now I'd like to see a RSE Remake just to make a team of some pokémon I want to use but never got the chance to (and they're all available in Hoenn), and I don't feel like restarting my Emerald just for that (plus it's outdated in terms of game mechanics)...

I wouldn't mind a remake if they added new things to it, or made the after game longer.
Or, they could make a sequel to it instead, which would be a bit more interesting anyways.

I would love to see a remake, maybe 2-3 years after XY. Thoose were the games I started with and grew up with. A sequel would also be pretty interesting, with the same Magma and Aqua, new leaders for Magma and Aqua, new gym leaders, the same area with updated graphics; maybe even models?, and the same Pokémon.

I'm glad they are going with Gen 6 first, it gives them time to get used to the 3DS, and this way, we have some new Pokemon to go through with (with 4th and 5th Gen as well).

It would have been boring to go through Hoenn in 2D again, this will breathe fresh life into it.

I would absolutely love a 3rd gen remake for 3DS. Pokemon Ruby is my first and favorite Pokemon game, and the 3DS is my favorite portable console. I would buy multiple copies of both Ruby and Sapphire because I would be so happy. :)

Instead of remakes, why can't we have a new adventure set in Hoenn? I like the idea of a sequel; it gives them an excuse to bring back all the familiar faces we know and love. Things the sequel could cover:

- what happened to Archie and Maxie after the whole thing with Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza
- how's that rocket project comin, bros?
- salt lick wishing rock
- Wasn't it in Hoenn where the guy said he wanted to see the dreams of Pokemon? Sounds like a perfect excuse to use the Dream World to me!
- enhanced underwater travel (you may as well since half the friggin country is water)
- An actual use for Pacifidlog Town (Mirage Island doesn't count)
- an excuse to bring back (and enhance) Pokemon Contests
- Wally
- a possible eruption from Mt. Chimney, giving them an excuse to add/remove towns and edit the map in general
- continued research at the Weather Institute (excuse for Castform evolution + sandstorm form)
- new fanatic cult who worships Rayquaza after watching it save everyone's butts (possible evil team)
- why Sidney decided to leave the Elite Four and give us our Dark-type gym :]
- give us the ability to fight Scott, since he is apparently a super-strong trainer
- a possible back story on Regirock, Regice, and Registeel

I think a sequel to gen 3 would be rad.

I would be okay with a sequel, too. The only problem is that people new to gen 3 wouldn't understand. A remake and then a sequel would be amazing.

They don't have to understand. I'm sure there are plenty of people who played BW2 without having played the first game. Major plot points from the first game that are relevant to the second game would be explained so that there is no confusion. If they want to add in a few little nods to the older players by referencing things that only they will get, then cool.

While it doesn't have to be a sequel per se, I think a sequel would make the most sense. A different adventure taking place in the same region would make the game feel like some sort of weird alternate universe kind of thing. I'd rather they just extend and enhance Hoenn's story.

PMJ said:
They don't have to understand. I'm sure there are plenty of people who played BW2 without having played the first game. Major plot points from the first game that are relevant to the second game would be explained so that there is no confusion. If they want to add in a few little nods to the older players by referencing things that only they will get, then cool.

While it doesn't have to be a sequel per se, I think a sequel would make the most sense. A different adventure taking place in the same region would make the game feel like some sort of weird alternate universe kind of thing. I'd rather they just extend and enhance Hoenn's story.

That's what they should do with all of the remakes and third games probably, I mean it just makes everything so much more interesting, and would prevent people from saying it's just the same game. Though I'd buy a remake if it was the same thing just because I love Ruby and Sapphire.

PMJ said:
- how's that rocket project comin, bros?

I remember a rumor that there was an event in RSE where you go into space and catch Deoxys there. They should make that happen.

PMJ said:
- salt lick wishing rock

Will probably have something to do with Jirachi.

PMJ said:
- a possible eruption from Mt. Chimney, giving them an excuse to add/remove towns and edit the map in general

I'd actually like to see them connect Fiery Path, Jagged Pass, Magma Hideout, and Mt. Chimney into a giant volcanic area. All of the volcanic areas in the main series have been very underwhelming, it'd be awesome if we could get a fully explorable one with lava everywhere. Kind of like the ones you see in the Ranger games.

On top of that, I'd love to see an expanded Hoenn Dex that adds in 4th, 5th, and 6th gen Pokemon (and maybe some more 1st and 2nd if there's room) and a completely different storyline path. BW2 felt kind of samey because its storyline path was too similar to BW1, they should go for more radical changes.

RE: Pokemon Third Generation remake

Luckyfire said:
I want it to get remade so badly... I can't believe I've never played a Hoenn region game before :(

Oh you poor thing! :( You haven't lived yet!

I think it makes more sense to make the remakes this Gen. Why make it in 5th Gen, which was still on the DS? You could have a Sapphire/Ruby cartridge in one slot, and the remake in the other. You have to admit, it'd be odd. o_O

Back