(6) Note About Site's Future, Pokemon's 15th B-Day, BW Deals, Promos, Redshark [3/1]

Oh yeah, I forgot to put my congratulations for getting into film school WPM in my last post.

Man, if you close the site forever, it will suck... This is the only site that has high-quality scans of pokémon cards and it's where I keep myself updated with the TCG news... Maybe, you won't need to shut it for good, maybe just temporarily... or, as people has been saying, you can pass it to some of the forum mods... I'll be really sad if the site closes for real...

Please don't close the site, leave a super mod in charge. Congrats though.

I want to congratulate you on film school, but I hope the site does not close, and at the very least keep the forums open so people can continue to trade, discuss, battle, etc. I'm sure the supermods can do a very good job at keeping the forums if not the site itself running in your absence..and you can always come back to it later if/when you have time :)

Congrats in making it into the school. Remember, we are always here for you if you need help. As for the Professor Store items, I ordered some of each about a week ago. Unfortunately there is a limit on how much I can order so I'm not able to just order a ton of them and then be able to trade them to members here. Once I get them, its basically first come first serve.

:OO
Congrats, WPM! Now, get to work on that live-action Pokemon movie; I'm sure you'd do it justice as opposed to the other mediocre filmmakers of Hollywood ;D

The site (as someone wisely said) is a child.
You just don't turn it over to another parent to raise.

I have seen this site grow from a tiny news website to the biggest fan driven Pokemon site.

I would love to be a part of this site's continued growth but if it has to be shut down because WPM needs to concentrate on school, so be it.

Congrats again on grad school Jon, USC has a diamond in the rough coming!

*edit* Oh, when you make that live Pokemon action movie, I want to be Lance the dragon trainer!

Just posting again to ask if anyone can clarify if the Toys R Us "Buy 1 DS game, get 1 for half price" is happening on the 6th? I've called two of my local TRU stores to verify but they are unaware of such a deal. Just wanting to know if I can count on getting both games this weekend. Thanks. :)

I was just at TRU and asked them about the deal and no one had any clue about it, not even the manager -____-

Does anyone know if the deals for TRU stack?

I pre-ordered both games a few days ago, and I'm wondering whether or not I can still participate in the BOGO deal with my pre-ordered games.

Back in my day we didn't have fancy things like Pokebeach. We waited for news and we liked it. XD

In all seriousness though, it'll be a little sad if circumstances dictate the site's closure but I really wish WPM the best.

Congrats on getting accepted and moving forward in life! Here's hoping everything will all work out awesome in the coming months! ;D

This is the best news update so far. Congrats WPM. Everything in life is about change, and if this site closes, well, it will be a very disappointing day. However, I think that he should trust many of his admins of the forum his resources. Those people can then continue to keep the site going.

I'll be glad to make donations whenever possible.

Aww... Well congratulations on making it into the best film school! You have a lot to be proud of there. You need to follow your dreams and become the best Pokemon..er.. film master there is!
Go out there and make us the best darn good Pokemon movie there can be. I wouldn't trust anyone else to do so. I'll be looking for your name up there on that list in the future, and don't you forget. You have a lot of supporting fans here looking forward to a good future.

But, I am only wondering, if you do need to leave the sight to pursue your dream, is it possible to consider not closing it completely? Like, for example, at least leave it up for people to come to and look back at and remember everything that happened in what order in the Pokemon world.

Or, maybe even, consider giving the website and your sources to someone else who is responsible enough to withstand it?
It can be anyone... one of the moderators (or all), a close friend or family member whom you can trust and know will do as good a job as you, or, better yet, announce this idea on the website and give a contact email address, host an interview, and even have a webcam or phone interview with a person that thinks their capable of working the website.

I think that may be a good idea. An online game called MapleStory was doing things similar to this for GM's, and they ended up pulling out some good people. I think you should consider it and it would make everybody happy.

Thanks for reading,
Charzi.

Sucks that I pre-Ordered at Gamestop.On another note,Congrats on making it to USC!(Lucky you!).Although the website (and forum) will be in jeopardy,you should devote yourself to what you love.I hope the website will not be going down though,I love it too much....

Actually, Gamestop IS having a preorder bonus...sort of. You get a 20% discount off the Player's Guide if you preordered Black/White.

Back