(4) Poo Incident, 3DS Sales, Forces of Nature Collection, New Wi-Fi Event [3/10]

Storm_Front said:
As immature as Ruben's pranked might have seemed. It doesn't warrent any stripping of titles in my eyes. Its just an excuse to give the championship to UK player instead, due to the dislike of foreign nationals being able to compete.

This would have been no different if it was in the US.

Forces of Nature Box! Look cool! I see why this is coming out in April. Part one of the Tornadus, Thunderus, and Landorus episode is supposed to be airing on April 28th 2012. We'll probably get the Tornadus and Thundurus Event too next month.

Was this kind of bad timing to do this? Yes, they should have done this with Noble Victories. Do I care? NO! I can't wait to get a FA Landorus, I love it so much!

I want that full art Landorus promo.

In regards to the incident with the UK VGC...I was the guy who discovered the scene. The gaming media has stretched it somewhat - there was one (maybe two) pieces of poo, partially wrapped in toilet roll, in the hotel hallway. My older brother informed the staff and it was quickly removed. Considering the distance of where it was in comparison to the room, if it had been thrown there, it would have had to have come from the complete other side of their room (the rooms were fairly small).

For those asking what the VGC and hotel have to do with each other, it's quite simple:
1) Other Pokémon players were staying at the hotel - some (such as myself) in the same hallway as the incident. It's highly disrespectful to not only other competitors, but other guests (note, this was not some hotel in the middle of nowhere - it was in Birmingham's International Airport, so there would be a lot of guests staying there for flights in the early hours).
2) He travelled there for a Pokémon event. If it got out (which it did), the entire situation would be very embarrassing for The Pokémon Company International, especially considering the child-friendly nature of the franchise. Especially as now whenever you google about the UK VGC, you hear about the poo event.

I think his punishment fits the crime. I have heard rumours though that he's also received an indefinite Play! Pokémon ban; which if true, even I would have to say is pretty heavy handed. I would have supported him being banned for the rest of the 2012 season, but not indefinitely - he is a fantastic player (as his previous National and Worlds records have shown) and it is a shame to lose someone over something so silly.

Storm_Front said:
As immature as Ruben's pranked might have seemed. It doesn't warrent any stripping of titles in my eyes. Its just an excuse to give the championship to UK player instead, due to the dislike of foreign nationals being able to compete.
I'm sorry, but why does it instantly become a supposed race issue just because the person involved isn't from the United Kingdom? If an English player had done this, they would have received the exact same penalty.

If anything, suggesting that the people of the United Kingdom (or TPCi) as a whole are racially motivated in their decisions is a very heavy and serious allegation. We in the UK are proud to welcome players from all across Europe - you'll notice that during this year's qualifiers alone, our Senior division winner is Turkish, with an Italian runner-up and our Master's 3rd place is German - and those are just the competitors who managed to make it that far. During past events, we have had teams come from other European countries (such as Belgium and Spain) participate and we always welcome them.

EDIT: I just remembered one awesome thing - the new winner (Ben) used a team comprised of Pokémon that Gary used in the anime and Blue used in the games.

The poo incident punishment makes sense, except for romoured lifetime ban.
-
I didn't know the 3DS did that well (or even how well the DS did) until now. Interesting.
-
I really like the Forces of Nature Box. We finally get the main cards from the Battle Gift Set. Now we just need the rest.
-
I really want this Wi-fi event. Someone messed up my game so I had to start over. I finished the main plot though.

Idk why there is a serious comparison between the DS and 3DS.
Sure it's new hardware but people are comfortable with the DS family of systems now - 3D or not.
Back then the DS was a completely NEW technology.
Plus the DS never cost as much as the 3DS does.
Idk pretty lame comparison IMO.

Man, that poo stunt was extremely immature, even I wouldn't do that. Shame on him, for disgracing his country, his people, and even more important, Pokemon players. I do agree he should have been punished more for his actions other than a title-strip and a fee. We'll hear more of this in the future.

I already downloaded my Reshiram, and I was sort of expecting to nickname it. Oh well. I really don't see the point in Haze. Not that important to me, considering that I don't play competitively. They should have given them a more useful move, though none comes to my mind right now.

I couldn't really care less about the Weather Trio box. Never a big fan of them myself. Heck, I couldn't buy them anyway, even if I wanted to. The packs, however, could have been modified. I would have put in 2 of the current pack, and 1 of either Black/White base or Noble Victories. Those two sets have the good cards in them, so the buyers could have the chance to possibly earn their money back or more.

Quit disappointed with the box - I mean 2 x Emerging Powers? :/
I suppose it makes sense though, as that's the set both Thun and Torn appeared in... still seems like a wasted opportunity though.
I've been quite disappointed of late with the TCG - first this box, and then finding out the EX tins will have promo versions of Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom... but with the SAME artwork. I mean, come on! Talk about lazy. Sigh...

The only way I can make since of the poo is that they were incredibly drunk.

Finding out that the 3DS did so well just makes me even more angry about Pokemon not releasing BaW2 in 3D. :(

The forces of nature collection will not be endorsed by me. When I see someone running a holoed out deck or a full art N, they just come off as pretentious to me.

The Wi-Fi event seems like a good way to help kids finish the elite 4 in their Black and White games so that they have nothing better to do other then buy the new ones.

IMHO that guy should be ashamed of himself and give a public apology

also cant wait for that Box in April :D

*goes to download Pokemon to both my White and Black games :3

Ysmir said:
Idk why there is a serious comparison between the DS and 3DS.
Sure it's new hardware but people are comfortable with the DS family of systems now - 3D or not.
Back then the DS was a completely NEW technology.
Plus the DS never cost as much as the 3DS does.
Idk pretty lame comparison IMO.

You're joking here, right?

The 3DS is Nintendo's newest handheld system. The DS is now outdated, and everyone wants to know how the 3DS will stack up to a system that nearly outsold the PS2, which is the #1 selling system in the world.

If you haven't noticed, lots of people proclaimed the 3DS is nothing but fail and is absurd. Considering, comparatively, its doing better than the DS, that speaks volumes.

There's nothing lame about it. Quite frankly, though, I have no idea why you think the comparison is "lame."

Looking forward to EV training my new dragon friends. Awwwww yeah:cool:

If the FoN Collection legitimately comes with 2 Emerging Powers and a CoL, I will definitely not be purchasing it. I mean, it's an easy way to get a Landorus FA which I believe wasn't ever released in a set, and with the EXs, probably never will be; but the packs are generally the selling point of these collections, and that selection just isn't persuading me right now.

As for the "Poo" incident, for me I can't really voice my opinion either way. I mean, how can you be stupid enough to plop your sh*t around a hotel hallway? I've had my fair share of stupid moments, but nothing even close to vandalism of this calibre. At the same time, being stripped of your title seems a little too much, as it takes many days of work to perfect your team, and to win a National championship is pretty big. It's a fine line, and maybe a larger fine and a supervised apology to the hotel management and staff would have been a little more appropriate, as it is the concern of the hotel and the police to deal with vandals, not TPCi. Nevertheless, the punishment has already happened, so there's not really much to say at this point other than Ruben and his team mates made a terrible decision.

AND regarding 3DS sales, I don't even have one, so it doesn't really warrant my opinion. Fat Cobalt Blue classic DS with a partially broken hinge FTW!

Niiice for the people who want to run MTC right there. I won't buy it though, because I just don't need those cards.

For the poop...really? Kid's way too immature. I think this is definitely appropriate, and a great lesson to every player out there. To hold the status of a champion should be one of dignity and respect, and is obviously not belonging to one who will even put poop in a hotel hallway.

I'd make a joke about the English being idiots, but then I wouldn't exactly get the best response. So I'm just gonna say this.
He's cocky.
Cocky people are stupid.
Therefore, he is stupid.
That is all.

according to his own post on Smogon, it wasn't his poo in the toilet paper. supposedly it was his friend's and he was simply taking the fall for his friend's idiotic actions. I would not cover for my friend if that happened, but the fact that Ruben wasn't the one to pay the fines at least lends some truth to his claim of not being the pooper, or poo-er?

a lifetime ban would be heavy handed if it was his doing. I would say a 3 year would suffice, that way people would have enough time to forget and if he wanted to, he could return since clearly he is a talented player. and if it wasn't his doing, then a lifetime ban is extremely heavy handed. sadly, since the decision has already been made, and there was the situation at Nats for the TCG, I think they're going to leave it at that especially since his friend could now claim it was him to try and get him unbanned, even if it was truly Ruben's doing.

on a positive note, I want to get that full art landrous. and if it's like the Japanese one, it'll be textured like our EX full arts are.

Who gets so nervous the night before a Pokemon tournament, that they cant fight the urge to place there feces in there hotel hallway?

I guess you could say things are...
*puts on sunglasses*
looking pretty crappy on that guy's side.

YEEAAAAAHHH!

But seriously, that is so weird, he had to be either really drunk or high on something to do that! (unless the only intelligence in his brain is used strictly for Pokemon battling) Also, I can't wait to get my hands on a FA Landorus.

Wow, the poo incident... I agree with tPCi's decision 100%.
I like the Storm Trio box, Landorus is making its way thrum my fav. Pokémon and ive become a BW promo collector latley. But, why a CoL pack!!!!??? that set is horrible, and EP isn't great either.

Back