Discussion 4 Guzzlord 56 energy?

It's a bad meme deck. sure you have the first one set up and attack but it has nothing else. It also loses to Gardevoir, the best deck in the format

Also you shouldn't even be running 56 energies. Even at 40 energies you have over 80% to hit the 3 energies needed to set up guzzlord

Friend of mine was telling me how broken Guzzlord-GX was because of the troll deck. Traded for four of them today, tried it 10 times. Yes, too small of a sampling size to be scientific, but it went almost exactly how I expected. I won one, lost nine, and the win came from an opponent using Wobbuffet (BKT), Shauna, etc. and being foolish enough to promote said Wobbuffet after I had Guzzlord-GX powered up.

Edit: This was on the PTCGO. No Gardevoir-GX or Greninja BREAK, but two Golisopod-GX decks, two Solgaleo-GX decks, three Tapu Bulu-GX/Vikavolt decks, a Volcanion-EX deck, and that mystery deck with the Wobbuffet... and I just realized those numbers aren't adding up, so some more decks that kicked my butt. XP

My friend made a Guzzlord deck with 1 Guzzlord GX and 59 energies. The whole premise was to make mulligan the opponent through their deck, then have the power of Guzzlord GX destroy them. Out of two Gardy, three Golisopod, one Ho-oh, one Sallazle, two Muk, and three rogue matches, it lost once to Muk.

My friend made a Guzzlord deck with 1 Guzzlord GX and 59 energies. The whole premise was to make mulligan the opponent through their deck, then have the power of Guzzlord GX destroy them. Out of two Gardy, three Golisopod, one Ho-oh, one Sallazle, two Muk, and three rogue matches, it lost once to Muk.

The only reason I can believe that is because a friend of mine, who usually knows better, was in an insane panic when he lost to the version with four Guzzlord-GX and 56 Darkness Energy. The short version is he goofed, and would allow Guzzlord-GX to get the Gluttony-GX KO, plus he was playing rogue decks with low HP attackers. XP While I can see how those decks would lose, I saw first hand how built competently, played competently, and not having bad luck means they win. ;)

Edit: Sorry, was focusing on the decks I recognized; realized that's only Gardevoir-GX and Golisopod-GX. That's totally my bad. >.>

The only reason I can believe that is because a friend of mine, who usually knows better, was in an insane panic when he lost to the version with four Guzzlord-GX and 56 Darkness Energy. The short version is he goofed, and would allow Guzzlord-GX to get the Gluttony-GX KO, plus he was playing rogue decks with low HP attackers. XP While I can see how those decks would lose, I saw first hand how built competently, played competently, and not having bad luck means they win. ;)

Edit: Sorry, was focusing on the decks I recognized; realized that's only Gardevoir-GX and Golisopod-GX. That's totally my bad. >.>
The only reason it beat Gardevoir was both times the opponent started with only one Ralts.

Back