(3) Prerelease Article, ND Theme Decks, Arceus Distribution [2/1]

I would say Explosive Edge looks better because of Skyarrow and the Heavy Balls. Too bad we are still getting random cards like Pansear in our theme decks.

I think Pokemon keeps making theme decks better. I agree with Glaceon, Explosive Edge seems better with Chandelure, Reshiram, Cilan, Heavy Ball, and Skyarrow bridge. Pokemon is making it easier and easier to get good cards.

Probably will be purchasing the Reshiram deck. More playable new cards (Heavy Ball, Cilan, Skyarrow Bridge etc.)
Just got the Arceus. Thanks PokeBeach!

I think I'll get both decks. Raichu and Luxray aren't too bad. If you got the Arceus event with the creation trio signature moves a few years ago (like me), this event is just about useless. No special abilities or moves. I can't wait for my prerelease this Sunday! So excited! It's my first one!

I just entered the Dream World for the first time to get ol' Arceus. While I was there I was able to get all of the C-Gear skins and other customization items I was missing, as well. (And I got a Defiant Mankey with Thunder Punch while walking around the Dream World.)

I was a bit hesitant to try out the Dream World, but it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. :)

ArchedThunder said:
Where do I put the password to get arceus?

Once you go to the Global Link Website click "Promotions," then click "Receive the Mythical Pokémon Arceus!"

After that, if you're signed in to your PGL / Trainer Club account, there is a line under the description of the promotion where you enter the code. If you're not sure about what to do after that, there are helpful tutorials here on the site that tell you exactly how to get the promotional Pokémon / Items off of the Dream World and onto your game.

Dragon Pokémon said:
We all know.

He was just being helpful. I, for one, didn't know that (then again I know nothing about VG... ask Bippa or Futa).

Edit: Oh, it says it in the main page post... :\.

Yay, a deck featuring Reshiram!!! I wuv Reshiram sooooooooo much! =3 But WHY can't Arceus have any special moves??? (I deleted both of my old one's special moves not knowing that I couldn't get them back :() So this event is officially LAME. (Except we can name Arceus Pizza!!! XD) Anyone else have an awesome Arceus name??? Some more to contribute: Cupcakes, Twinkle 2s (2s means toes) and WHY U!? Just because it has nothing special. (Other than being a legendary Pokemon!!! =D)

Wow these boxes of cards look awesome. Man I hope I can get a theme deck soon been forever since I got one XD.:)

Man, these decks look pretty cool.

I've been collecting the English Reshiram and Zekrom cards; seeing as they come in the decks make it so much easier to collect. Plus, Chandelure is already in one deck - what a plus. Looks like I'll be getting decks for the first time in years. (And a perfect opportunity to teach my girlfriend to play!)

The Arceus DW event - pretty nice. I already had my Arceus from Toys R Us a few years past, but another one (FOR FREE!) is definitely awesome, and helpful to players who never have the chance to go to Toys R Us.

Mudkip4321 said:
Yay, a deck featuring Reshiram!!! I wuv Reshiram sooooooooo much! =3 But WHY can't Arceus have any special moves??? (I deleted both of my old one's special moves not knowing that I couldn't get them back :() So this event is officially LAME. (Except we can name Arceus Pizza!!! XD) Anyone else have an awesome Arceus name??? Some more to contribute: Cupcakes, Twinkle 2s (2s means toes) and WHY U!? Just because it has nothing special. (Other than being a legendary Pokemon!!! =D)

Godofpower. My friend got an Arceus from GTS named God Of Power without any spaces, and he thought it was one word pronounced "Gow-dof-power" and it was pretty funny how he didn't figure it out until I told him. I might get the event just to name it "Godofpower" (but pronounce it the fun way :D)

I'm deffo buying 2x Explosive Edge, for a reirshram playset, a cheren playset, a heavy ball playset as well as skyarrow bridge and some of the pokemon in there.

level ball is the only thing I really want out of Voltage (and the shatter-print zekrom for my collection, but I'm willing to trade for this.)

Johnnieboilulz said:
Do starter decks still come with a booster pack?
Wait - did they ever?

Yeah, only for 3 sets, HS undaunted, HS triumphant, and Call of Legends. For Magic the Gathering, they are including a second booster into their intro packs, and it would be so cool if Pokemon did the same with their theme decks, considering how theme decks no longer have the early release anymore.

So what I ask for is theme decks to include 2 boosters within. I don't think the ones from next destinies has a booster included, but I could be mistaken.

I think I'm going to end up getting both of these. For collection purposes and for extra trainers, but also to play with my boyfriend. He won't make decks on his own (he doesn't have any cards of his own, except for some old base set), and it's difficult to make two balanced meta decks at the same time with only my own collection. Sure, they're not the best decks on their own, but at least they'll be equally balanced.

Back