• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 2019 Metal Box

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
The format is slowing down a bit with the rotation, and even though I have many doubts on if ULP Metal can be successful at all (especially after bashing it before it even came out) Metal does have the advantage of resisting Psychic, while Buzz isn't exactly the quickest thing going post rotation and Rayquaza and Bulu both match this deck in speed and setup, making it theoretically even.

Pokemon - 17

3 Magnemite ULP
3 Magnezone ULP
3 Heatran ULP
3 Registeel CIN
2 Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
1 Solgaleo Prism Star
1 Oranguru SUM
1 Celesteela CES

Supporters - 12

4 Cynthia
3 Sightseer
3 Guzma
2 Lillie

Items - 18

4 Ultra Ball
3 Nest Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
2 Switch
1 Rescue Stretcher

Stadiums - 3

3 Mt. Coronet

Energy - 10

10 Metal Energy

This deck focuses more on the single prize attackers such as Registeel, Solgaleo and Heatran, with Dusk Mane and even Magnezone taking a back seat (although there is moderate space set aside for them due to their combined potential), this is because the next format is shaping up to be largely 2HKO GX-based, who struggle to keep up in the prize trade against massed high HP single prize attackers.

The flow of the deck depends largely on matchup; Buzzwole decks will depend more on their single Energy attacks, and in response I can simply wall with Registeel to soften targets while setting up. Setup sweepers like Necrozma GX should ideally be dealt with by Dusk Mane, although Heatran can deal with Malamar and is annoying for Necrozma to KO. Zoroark should be dealt with similarily to Buzzwole, using Registeel to wall and poke then getting the revenge KO with Heatran. Celesteela provides a powerful mid-game punch if it ever sees the situation required for it's very situational attack.

I would love to make room for some Custom Catchers but the Magnezone line gets in the way of that. Lele isn't in the deck because to me the quality of the Supporters it can grab decreases substantially with all that's lost in the rotation (and because I want to sell mine because I still haven't been to any events since I bought them).

Anyways, thanks for reading and any comments are appreciated!

Back