ORAS 2016 VG Format Announced, More Legendary-Friendly

Hear that, that's the sound of a ton of pokemon players starting new files on ORAS

So now every team can have a primal AND a mega... Cue people running to smogon.

Also, as much as I hate using primals for this, welcome back weather teams.

Haven't played VGC for a solid year, but letting Mega Ray AND a Primal be on anyone's team seems like a bad idea. (although considering every team in top 8 VGC at worlds used Mega Kanga, I guess there will be a little variation now).

holy freakin KEK, are they serious?

some guy at Pokémon company to other guy: "oh yeah, and post that we are banning legendaries"
--40min later
"uhm... what did he say again...something legendaries?...fans want legendaries i guess" /posts announcement that vgc2016 allows legendaries.

I mean, cmon... people were complaining about legendaries, and holding "REMOVE GENIES" signs. I guess they took it as sarcasm?

lol.

I wanted my excitement for VGC to be increased to 120% with ANY KIND OF CHANGE in the rules.
Instead, it fell from 10% to a complete 0.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how the top VGC players will adapt to handle these.

But allowing Mega Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo and Primal Groudon/Kyogre is dumb. Aside from that, it could have been a kinda cool format. I guess it's nice to see them trying something new.

Also, as much as I hate using primals for this, welcome back weather teams.

All of these Ray's below would kindly like to meet your weather team and its raunchy ideas...
image0089.jpg

This is actually interesting. For almost 6 years we haven't seen powerful legendaries in the actual format. But overall it's gonna get even more annoying. Especially with bulky Lugias, and the Weather Trio

Here I was thinking genies would be removed, some megas patched and or removed... Anything really. Guess its a good thing I haven't and don't catch legendary so I can just go and get them though a restart for a latias is needed.

Back