2014 World Cup in Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos Jackal said:
The final tonight is expected to be boring with a chance of penalties... I'm gonna watch it out of principle, but if it turns out like the last three matches in any way, then I'm outta here.
It truly is a shame that a World Cup which seemed so promising in the beginning ended up becoming so dull in the last rounds...

Let's hope the Final exceeds expectations, then :D

Just under an hour until kick-off, getting properly excited now. This has been such a brilliant tournament, post World Cup blues are gonna get me down tomorrow though. :(

Anyway, let's hope for a good final. It should be a tight one but I think that Germany will run out winners in the end, perhaps 1-0 or 2-1.

Götze has surely won it for Germany, what a brilliant goal. Amazing chest control and a sublime finish with 7 minutes left in extra time.

I wish this wasn't real. Street are alighter than at New Years celebration and the noise will prolly hold on through the complete night. Byebye any chances of restful sleep. -.-'

The World Cup has been won by the Germans! Lionel Messi had one last gasp to try and tie and force PKs but his free kick went high and Germany milked the rest of the clock to win.

Congratulations to Germany for winning the World Cup! :)
However, I feel that Argentina could have had a better shot at winning if the referee hadn't been a Germany supporter... Neuer jumping knee-first into Gonzalo Higuain's head and ending up getting a free kick (WTF?) and Höwedes and Schweinsteiger constantly going for nasty tackles without being sent off.

What bothers me the most is that Lionel Messi won the Golden Ball Award, which clearly should have been given to James Rodriguez, Thomas Müller or Manuel Neuer. (The award is given to the best player of the World Cup)..

It's sad that FIFA and the rest of the football world continues to praise a player who hasn't been particularly good in this World Cup or in his own team (Barcelona) THIS year.. They keep calling him the "best" player in the world even though Cristiano Ronaldo received the golden boot this year, and Barcelona didn't win any trophies in 2014... :(

Argentina played surprisingly better the first half, but Germany stepped it up during the remaining part of the game. Both sides had numerous opportunities to add to the scoreboard early on in the game, but sadly, it either ended up being off-sides or the goal post being a troll.

Anyways, it was an overall exciting match to watch; the stronger team ended up taking the match with a nice finishing.

I didn't stay up to watch this one, but glad to hear that Germany pulled through and made it. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back