2014 World Champions Crowned, No Announcement for Next Year's Location [8/17]

The tournament just ended within the last couple of hours. Decklists are not going to availible for a little while.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Mr.Muffin said:
Does anyone know the decks that were used?

You have got to be kidding me.

Oh god I had a total brainfart, and didn't think about clicking the name. Wow Virgen took 3 places in the Top 4. I guess I predicted wrong by saying Garbodor and EX would win Worlds. Surprised for that no Pyroar showed up in the finals.

I didnt think they would be released known yet. Its surprising how well Virizion EX Genesect EX decks did

I was really hoping for next year's location to be revealed. I'd like to be able to plan ahead a lot more next year. This year I had waited too long to request the weekend of Nationals off so I could only do Worlds.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how PACHIRISU managed to pull its weight in the VGC Masters division finals game....

Anyways, gratz to our 2014 champions!

I've used Pachirisu before in gen 4 doubles. It is deceptively bulky, as you can see.

I was so excited when I saw Pachirisu! I had no clue that anyone used it for anything, so it was shocking to me that it actually ended up winning... I was also surprised to see Staraptor on a finalist's team, though to a lesser extent because I've seen it used and have actually trained one myself, so I was more aware of what it could do. Still impressed that it made it to the finals though, and I'm happy that two of my favorite gen 4 Pokemon ended up making an appearance.

The TCG Masters finals were intense, especially the last match. I was on the figurative edge of my seat (in reality, I was much less composed) the whole time, and it was a close series that I'm glad I didn't miss.

After watching these matches, I feel inspired to work harder at both TCG and VGC, and one day I hope to attend Worlds... Maybe not even compete, but just to experience what it's like to be there. There are quite a few things I want to do before I die, and going to Worlds is one of them.

The last match of the TCG Masters final was WOW, a lot of suspence and twists!! And I was glad to see a Pachirisu instead of the OOOOOU MegaKangaskhan in the final of the VG, and it did the difference!!

#Pachirisu2014.
Never forget.

I only had time to watch the Masters VG Final, and while I was dissapointed that it was over so fast, it still had a lot of unexpected things and excitement.

I kinda think Worlds should move away from the U.S.

It's always someone from North America who wins, not because of his superior gameplay but since the meta is nearly always the same as the american.
So european players and all non-americans need to focus on this fact, gather data on the meta and so on, while the american players have it a lot easier.
You don't need to switch from one meta to another, this is really hard for players if you just played a whole season!
In their home countries nationalships maybe they won, but at worlds many just do horrible, because they are pros at their countries meta, but got no research data or ppl to help them train for the american meta...

Okay, another point is, there are more american players at worlds than other nationalities, just think about it, in Germany the top 2 get a flight and the third gets an invite, that isn't much!
(Even though for example masters are about 160 ppl and more!)
Pokémon should consider giving out more flights to ppl overseas and messure it for the amount of players.

Worlds needs to come to Europe. I want to experience Worlds at least once in my life. There is no way I can afford to fly to America for Worlds. Americans have had more than enough chances. Worlds should be held in America-Europe-America-Europe-... or even America-Europe-Japan-America-Europe-Japan-...

After all, it's supposed to be "Worlds". Not "Americans".

Teal said:
Worlds needs to come to Europe. I want to experience Worlds at least once in my life. There is no way I can afford to fly to America for Worlds. Americans have had more than enough chances. Worlds should be held in America-Europe-America-Europe-... or even America-Europe-Japan-America-Europe-Japan-...

After all, it's supposed to be "Worlds". Not "Americans".

I was actually thinking the same thing when talking with someone. I figured they've been changing things up a bit in the competitive scene so why not move Worlds to Europe? It would suck for me because I wouldn't be able go unless I win Nats (which isn't gonna happen). My brother made the argument that they will go to wherever they will get the most walk-ins for LCQ and Merch which he continued to say, would be in the US. I'm not so sure about this but it does seem like it could happen in the US again, but I'm all for EU as well.

Holding Worlds in Europe is a superbly dumb idea because the overwhelming majority of players live in North America.

PMJ said:
Holding Worlds in Europe is a superbly dumb idea because the overwhelming majority of players live in North America.

That's because North America is large, while Europe is lots of countries. Holding Worlds in America every year also cuts out a large portion of the playerbase.

That's irrelevant. It doesn't matter how many countries each continent consists of; the overwhelming majority of players live in America, so it makes more sense to hold it there. There's no reason to cater to the minority in this case.

Found out that plans for Worlds 2015's location fell through due to some sort of conflict. It's not that the location is being withheld because it's super special or whatever. We'll probably find out the location once TPCi solidifies its plans.

Back