2013 rotation

Giantoshawott

Shining arceus in bw 6. A dream come true.
So, what do you think the rotation will be. They might carry on the 4 sets, and go col-on, then nd- on. But what do you think?

You mean the 2012 rotation, right? not 2013.

The best rotation would probably be something like Call of Legends. BW-on is okay, but we lose out on several great supporters that way. And with CoL, we still keep Dual Ball, which (although flippy) is a good way to search for basics. And of course there's Cleffa, Smeargle, Tyrogue, and PONT in that set.

There's also Pachi but I don't think anyone cares about Pachi anymore.

^Don't forget about Sage's...but really there's no way of knowing, so discussing it doesn't really make a difference. In my opinion, I think they should rotate all of HS and just make it BW-on. The loss of Dual Ball sucks, but we're getting a free retreat Emolga that searches for 2 basics for one energy. That's a good enough replacement for me. I'm pretty sure they will do BW-on though, as Abilities and Poke-powers kind of clash, and trainer-trainer/trainer-item makes the game confusing, especially for newer players.

Probably wouldn't mind HS-Triumphant On so that Junk Arm keeps the price of Catcher down a notch. It's the only staple card that is keeping Catcher from being required to run 4 of in deck, right now most decks only run 4 Junk Arm and 2 Catcher. If everyone has to run 4 Catcher that makes it more expensive to build decks with every deck being required to run 2 Mewtwo EX so you're spending $200+ for 1 deck alone.

I think that if they do do (haha do do) a rotation, it will be BW-on. Although we would all love CoL-on, let's face it; it doesn't make much sense, for the same reasons that people have already said. Poke-Bodies and Poke-Powers mixing with Abilities and Trainer Trainers and Trainer Items mixing. It is definitely confusing for newer players.

This kind of rotation would definitely impact the meta the most. We lose a ton of great trainers, as well as Pokemon Legends and Pokemon Primes. It would kinda be like a fresh start of sorts. I wouldn't mind this at all.

There are no LEGENDs or Primes in Call of Legends, just so you know.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
There are no LEGENDs or Primes in Call of Legends, just so you know.

I know. I was just talking in general about the whole HGSS generation.

Trexroarr said:
I know. I was just talking in general about the whole HGSS generation.
I do agree about that. Either CoL-on or BW-on would probably be ideal, really. I can see why BW-on due to the wording issues, but CoL has a bunch of fun stuff.

I think it's going to be BW-on when it should be CoL-on, similar to how this rotation was HGSS-on when it should have been AR-on.

But all I will do is wait and see.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
I do agree about that. Either CoL-on or BW-on would probably be ideal, really. I can see why BW-on due to the wording issues, but CoL has a bunch of fun stuff.

I think it's going to be BW-on when it should be CoL-on, similar to how this rotation was HGSS-on when it should have been AR-on.

But all I will do is wait and see.

Exactly. I agree completely. We all want CoL-on, but realistically, it's going to be BW-on. Well we don't know for sure, but this definitely makes the most sense.

Trexroarr said:
I think that if they do do (haha do do) a rotation, it will be BW-on. Although we would all love CoL-on, let's face it; it doesn't make much sense, for the same reasons that people have already said. Poke-Bodies and Poke-Powers mixing with Abilities and Trainer Trainers and Trainer Items mixing. It is definitely confusing for newer players.

This kind of rotation would definitely impact the meta the most. We lose a ton of great trainers, as well as Pokemon Legends and Pokemon Primes. It would kinda be like a fresh start of sorts. I wouldn't mind this at all.

This ^.

IDK why they'd keep in one set that is way different than every other set out there. BW-on would also slow the game down a bit, which I wouldn't mind at all.

We already have an older thead about this but... I am wondering what decks will prosper the most.

Lil Wayne said:
We already have an older thead about this but... I am wondering what decks will prosper the most.

Well, zekeels and reshiboar would still be alive, just slower. Straight terrakion could be alive, but Durant: absolutely not.

I was thinking about this last night

if we move to BW-on, then the following 'staple cards' will be lost

Cleffa
Sages
PONT
collector and dual ball
Junk Arm

and then deck-specific stuff

lost remover, pichu, typhlosion prime, special dark and metal energies, seeker, celebi prime, black belt, electrode prime, Ninetales (w/roast reveal), shaymin/pachi, smeargle, magnezone prime, twins and vileplume.

that removes the following decks from the metagame:

Rerishplosion, ZPST and variants, Magnezone and Variants, durant, passive trainer lock (compared to the zebrika aggro-trainer lock), MTC/CMT etc. and CaKE/CoKE.

meaning we still have: DE-boosted dark variants, Tetra-kion and variants, ZekEel, Zebrika Lock, RerishBoar, anything that can accelerate energy onto Mewtwo EX, DRAGONS, Lilligant/Victini and any other rouge deck that people come up with

Giantoshawott said:
Well, zekeels and reshiboar would still be alive, just slower. Straight terrakion could be alive, but Durant: absolutely not.

Yay! I hate Durant :3. I play Quad Terra now so hopefully it can still be a viable deck option.

Giantoshawott said:

Why wouldn't Durant still be viable? It doesn't lose that much and it is a very competitive deck. But I guess if something doesn't come out that acts like a Rotom or Azelf, it might not be.

alexmf2 said:
Why wouldn't Durant still be viable? It doesn't lose that much and it is a very competitive deck..

it loses too many cards under the rotation.

Rotom, collector and the alph lithograph will go, with the potential for dual ball, pichu and special metal energies to be lost if they remove CoL (taking us to BW-on). then add to that list the staple cards lost and durant isn't left with much to play with.

@27th_wonder, yes it loses that, and by the time rotation happens, heatmor from dark rush will be out. Durant will be DEAD.

Back