(2) Worlds 2008 Decks Release Date, Marley's Request from Stormfront Revealed! [9/29]

RE: (1) Marley's Request from Stormfront Revealed! [9/29]

PokemonPhantom3 said:
.::n00bmuffin::. said:
androman said:
Broken!
This is MODIFIED Item Finder... you can take Rare Candy or any other uber trainer you may want (considering it's important you will have 2 in your discard)!
Card is simply overpowered...

Did you read it?? You have to pick 2 DIFFERENT ones.

hmm... mr opponent. Would you like me to take rare candy, or timespace distortion??? XD thats what I say. :p its completely broken if used well. It will be like cynthia's 2 in the deck at maximum.
I'd go with Rare Candy or Poke Radar as the two choices.:D

This card looks very fun. I don't know how much use I can stretch out of it, but I think I'll take it to a few competitions, if I can get enough of them, and see what I can do with it.

One thing I already have in mind is Porygon2--Your opponent picks one card, and if the other's a Supporter, you can use the effect of the other through Porygon2.

Porygon2 just waste of bench compared to uxie and claydol.
This card usability really limited to middle-late so it's kinda lame. I'm rather use searcher and hand refresher supporter than this.
TGW is biggest counter against this card if your opponent just pick supporter.

Oh yeah, Porygon2 uses Supporters from the hand, not the discard pile. Whoops. I'll look for something else then.

The biggest thing I regret about this is that Ken Sugimori did the artwork for it. I guess it's kind of expected when they feature an in-game character though. I like the Trainer/Supporter illustrations by Kanako Eo and Kouki Saitou much more. But I'm glad they gave Marley a little bit more attention. She never did much. Buck had a much larger role.

It looks as though it could work, but I'm not certain about it really. If it was a normal Trainer, then it would be better, but it could be quite nice to play mind games with your opponent using it, find the card you really need from the Discard Pile and another card that people may think you'd want (like Rare Candy), and which one will your opponent choose considering they don't know what you need? Probably more of a fun card than a real card for competitive decks though.

And I'm definitely all for fun cards. Exploud, Amulet Coin, Politoed, Call Energy--bring it on! Winning is inconsequential to me. I remember this strage Mamoswine a while back...Marley's Request reminded me of that. (Of course, I'd never put all five of those in the same deck.)

.::n00bmuffin::. said:
androman said:
Broken!
This is MODIFIED Item Finder... you can take Rare Candy or any other uber trainer you may want (considering it's important you will have 2 in your discard)!
Card is simply overpowered...

Did you read it?? You have to pick 2 DIFFERENT ones.
Come on Muffin, don't be a noob. (nhf, I luf ya) ^^
Did YOU read the other part (If all Trainer, Supporter or Stadium Cards you have in your discard pile have same name, choose one of them. Show it and out it into your hand... Shuffle.)
That means that you can take 2 Rare Candy if they are the only TRAINERS in your discard. (you can still have numerous supporters and stadiums, but you can take 1 TRAINER if all the trainers in your discard are same name).
EDIT: bah, my laptop-mouse autoclicked post in middle of my writting!

ya this will show kids what winning decks are made of.....Garde and Gallade. j/k

can't wait

and Marley's seems a bit interesting, you can pick a luxary ball and a rare candy and automatically get one of them. So basically this card says , "I get any pokemon you want, or you get the rare candy dusknoir bwongggg!"

Pokémaniac said:
Wanna give me mah Bebe's or my Luxury Ball?
Yeah, I'll give you yoru bebe's....good luck playing it that turn. So you wasted your supporter to get back another supporter to find a pokemon when you could've draw 2+ cards and possibly hit it or other cards? See, this card is pretty much a waste. Give me any senareo, and I will prove that the card is crap.

Lol I saw that episode. Nice allusion to Pokemon.

I think the decks are clear enough on what they are. :F

dmaster out.

you have pokedrawer and poke healer in you hand you play marleys now I have to pick if you get to search or heal.

I hope Jimmy Obrein`s deck gets printed.

Papi/Manny said:
Pokémaniac said:
Yeah, I'll give you yoru bebe's...good luck playing it that turn. So you wasted your supporter to get back another supporter to find a pokemon when you could've draw 2+ cards and possibly hit it or other cards? See, this card is pretty much a waste. Give me any senareo, and I will prove that the card is crud.
I take Rare Candy and Premier Ball... you get wtfpwned...

androman said:
Papi/Manny said:
Pokémaniac said:
Yeah, I'll give you yoru bebe's...good luck playing it that turn. So you wasted your supporter to get back another supporter to find a pokemon when you could've draw 2+ cards and possibly hit it or other cards? See, this card is pretty much a waste. Give me any senareo, and I will prove that the card is crud.
I take Rare Candy and Premier Ball... you get wtfpwned...
...Yeah, totally. lol keep thinking that and wasting your consistancy with bad trainers. If you think this card is even remotately playable, you haven't even noticed the new castway coming out right after it.

btw, 9/10 I'll give you the candy.

This card is not so good. Waste of supporter.

This card is horrible , you may think other-wise , but That's ok you have the right.
But this card is like Rival but like .1% better , why does Pokemon keep making such cruddy supporters , I don't know.
But we just have to deal with the fact that is in the set and stop arguing about it.

I hope the 2008 Worlds decks are actually worthwhile to look at.

Our league lets us use them as Proxies as long as they're behind sleeves.

Back