• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

2 Unlimited (Umbreon/ Espeon EX) (Tyranitar/Scizor Ex)

U

Uncle Rick

Hey guys,
I have these two decks from about five years ago. I used to play in a local league all the time, but around the time Crystal Guardians was released I lost interest (I was 11 at the time) I'm looking for a good critique on them as looking back I see some things I would've changed up, and possibly a shove in the right direction on how I might be able to recreate these decks with tournment legal cards (Example: Using a Tyranitar Prime instead of Tyranitar EX, etc. )

Here's deck number one, this one was always my favorite (I've got a soft spot for Umbreons) I haven't played with it in so long, but if I recall the main objective was get Umbreon EX or Espeon EX out as soon as possible and build up a Gengar or Gengar EX just in case.

Pokemon (25):
1 Umbreon EX (UF112)
2 Espeon EX (UF102)
4 Eevee (UF55)
1 Gengar EX (RG108)
2 Gengar (LM5)
3 Haunter (RG34)
4 Gastly (LM52)
3 Dusclops (CG17)
4 Duskull (CG51)
1 Absol (LM15)

Trainers(15):
2 Rare Candy
3 Prof. Elm's Training Method
4 Ceilio's Network
2 Holon Lass
2 Holon Mentor
2 TV Reporter

Energy(20):
4{D}
16{P}

And heres my second deck. I typically got as many Scyther in play as I could, got a Scizor EX with some {M} and then stalled/sweeped to get a Tyranitar or Medicham out (If Scizor hadn't already won me the game)

Pokemon(22):
2 Tyranitar EX (UF111)
2 Pupitar (UF70)
3 Larvitar (TRR)
2 Scizor EX (UF108)
4 Scyther (UF46)
2 Medicham EX (EM95)
1 Medicham (CG25)
4 Meditite (CG56)
1 Mawile (CG9)
3 Holon's Castform (HP44)

Trainers(15):
2 Ceilio's Network
2 Scott
1 Masterball
2 Holon Lass
2 TV Reporter
4 Rare Candy
2 Prof. Elm's Training Method

Energy(21):
(Holons Castform fits here too)
4 {D}
4{M}
2 {D}/{M}
11 {F}

And with that deck I do believe I am two cards short :p

Anyways, as an old player who's looking to get back in, I'd love to hear all of your insight on my old decks!
Cheers,
-Uncle Rick

Back