(2) New Pokemon Next Month, Clearer Game Screenshots and Artwork of 'Black' and 'White' [5/14]

RE: (1) Clearer Game Screenshots and Artwork of 'Black' and 'White' [5/14]

I love the clear screens. Has it been confirmed if this is a more US based region or just another asian or japanese based?

Not really. Looks like Hiroshima to me, but it could just as easily be NY.

Personally I'm hoping for the starter's final evolutions next month.

That suspension bridge is what makes me curious. It reminds me of San Francisco a lot, though the longest suspension bridge is in japan and connects the main island with one of their southern ones so that's seem like a likely location also.

I wonder what pokemon will be revealed next month. I kinda think it will end up being the Main Legendarys of Isshu. Makes sense to release the legends after the starters. Then sometime in the summer they can start pouring out all the other new pokemon.

same here, i hope it is a legendary pokemon because its going to be interesting to see them and the be able to think about how they are involved in the story-line.
By the way, are Zorua and Zoroark legendary Pokémon?

Technically not. Legendaries by definition are one of a kind, non-breedable, non-evolving pokemon.

Why are the battle sprites so blocky? I hope they fix that when the game is released

I think the new Pokemon will either be: one of the Starters second stages (doubt all 3), some random early encountered Pokemon (like Zigzagoon), or the Version Mascots of the games (maybe they will place non-Legendaries, like in Gen 1).

EDIT: It also appears your Pokemon move forward when using an attack (shown in the sprites with Raikou). It also has the old design of Aura Sphere, which, IMO, can only be a bad thing :[

Xemik said:
Why are the battle sprites so blocky? I hope they fix that when the game is released

As WPM said in a different topic thingy, They are most likely place holder sprites. But if they are the real deal i would say its like everything else in the game. they make it a little blurry to add depth and dimension....

They most likely will make changes to the sprites of the Pokemon, once they do, they will probably reveal some of the new sprites.
I also hope that they reveal some legendaries next time, and also some information about the game story.

Ice Arceus said:
They most likely will make changes to the sprites of the Pokemon, once they do, they will probably reveal some of the new sprites.
I also hope that they reveal some legendaries next time, and also some information about the game story.

most likely your right. btw the sprite for your Zorau (Zoroark) is different than the sprite posted by Serebii.net in their new Pokémon section

Pokemonvacation said:
most likely your right. btw the sprite for your Zorau (Zoroark) is different than the sprite posted by Serebii.net in their new Pokémon section
Its a Pokedoptable. I tried to change the name from Zorua to Zoroark, and it worked on the website, but it didn't change it here. =\

Ice Arceus said:
Its a Pokedoptable. I tried to change the name from Zorua to Zoroark, and it worked on the website, but it didn't change it here. =\

Still the sprite is different....

whoa! your Zoroark is gone!

Pokemonvacation said:
Still the sprite is different...
Yeah.... I can't do anything about that. :p
Well since it didn't change the name, I released my Zoroark.

Also I wonder what kind of villains will be in the game.

Pokemonvacation said:
I thought Manaphy and Phione were legendary?
Um, not exactly. They're the weird one. I think Manaphy is a legendary, and Phoine's a pseudo-legendary. I dunno. I think there was something in-game DPPt that referenced legendaries as being the one of a kinds that don't evolve. Anyway, I don't think Zorua & Zoroark will be, since they've already made public that Zorua evolves into Zoroark.
Xemik said:
I think they're just using the old models/templates to show off the new pokemon. Check how much Pikachu's sprite changed from the earliest HGSS pics to its final sprite. Anyway, it's likely the devs are still working on the systems, and it's also likely they don't want to give us everything at once.

They might also reveal some of the gyms that will take place in the game. I can't wait for that. :p

Ice Arceus said:
Yeah.... I can't do anything about that. :p
Well since it didn't change the name, I released my Zoroark.

Also I wonder what kind of villains will be in the game.

Me too. I dont want it to be like Team Galactic though....
For me, team galactic was named too closely to Team Rocket for me.
And Mars Jupiter Saturn and Charon ....why name them after planets?
I would think they would name them something common like bob or sarah or tom

Ice Arceus said:
They might also reveal some of the gyms that will take place in the game. I can't wait for that. :p

What if they made the gyms dual typed?

If they reveal the legendaries, what will the two represent? Light & Darkness?

Back