(2) Hoenn Collection Box, Treasure Tin [11/11]

Primal Kyogre-EX's α Growth and Primal Groudon's Ω Barrier remind my of the effects on cards form the DP era.
for example, Clefairy (83/132)), Duskull (86/132), Murkrow (94/132) from Secret Wonders.

hahaha

Primal Kyogre EX.

I'm out.

It was fun to know you, TCG.

I don't understand why pokemon just needs to keep adding power to more and more EX cards. Megas were already very strong, just many were unusable.
This game would be more balanced with EXs from 140-180 HP with decent attacks, not over hyped branded crap.
Think about how broken Primal Groudon is. Garbador doesn't affect it, neither does laser, lysandre, or escape rope...so the only way to KO it is by doing 240 damage.

Elbow said:
I don't understand why pokemon just needs to keep adding power to more and more EX cards. Megas were already very strong, just many were unusable.
This game would be more balanced with EXs from 140-180 HP with decent attacks, not over hyped branded crap.
Think about how broken Primal Groudon is. Garbador doesn't affect it, neither does laser, lysandre, or escape rope...so the only way to KO it is by doing 240 damage.

Or hit it with Genesect EX to OHKO it.

Without a spirit link card it will take 5 turns to even attack. Kyorge honestly looks more viable since you only need 3 turns (without a spirit link)

As much as I hate Kyogre and Groudon (Groudon gets too much undeserved popularity, Kyogre is broken in Smash Brothers), I think both of these cards are great.

On the subject of Primal Kyogre, I think it is the better of the 2. Alpha Growth is strange, though. No matter how much you want to think otherwise, I feel it is still better to power Kyogre up with Blastoise. Tidal Storm is absolutely devestating. 150 and moving Energy to the bench is enough to make it good, but damage to Benched EX's makes it fabulous. The energy movement helps out a lot more than you would think, since you can use it to power up another Kyogre on the Bench. This can help stop the threat of recieving lots of damage from an X-balling Mewtwo.

Groudon, while very powerful, has the issue of taking a LOT of time to power up. The only form of consistent Fighting Acceleration right now is Furious Fists Landorus. That being said, though, the Fighting Type helps, since you will rarely get a OHKO with 240HP, and if you somehow end up in an issue like that, you can use Focus Sash. Not only that, but even if you get hit, you could always move the damage away with Flashfire Dusknoir. The Barrier helps it a LOT. Your opponent can't Lysandre or Catcher it while you power it up, and they can't get around Focus Sash with Hypnotoxic Laser. They also wouldn't be able to use things like Team Flare Grunt or Escape Rope to their expectations!

As for the artwork, I think my eyes melted when I saw this. They both rock, especially Kyogre.

On the note of the Starters, I noticed that Treecko is number 6, meaning that at least 5 Bug/Grass types from Gen 1 and 2 will be in Primal Clash. It is also nice that the current blank for XY hasn't been changed, as I feel that it is really nice and doesn't really have any way to be improved.

Darkshy said:
Elbow said:

Without a spirit link card it will take 5 turns to even attack. Kyorge honestly looks more viable since you only need 3 turns (without a spirit link)

So your saying the solution to the Primal clash format will be to play VirGen? Sounds unfair to new and young players who don't want to spend a fortune on a deck rotating next summer.
And then what happens after the rotation???

Elbow said:
Darkshy said:

So your saying the solution to the Primal clash format will be to play VirGen? Sounds unfair to new and young players who don't want to spend a fortune on a deck rotating next summer.

Actually, Yanmega from Phantom Forces OHKO's Primal Groudon with Muscle Band. Same goes for Primal Kyogre.

Elbow said:
Darkshy said:

They're still slow to charge is the main thing. If they become popular there are still ways to deal with them aside from Genesect.

For Primal Kyogre's "ability", is it two more energy or just two energy overall. Also, if Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon are getting spirit link cards, I'm switching to VGC.

My head is RUSHING, Kyogre and Groudon were TERRIBLE. There are no arguments against that but the primals have potential, i could see groudon as a wall with donphan decks if there is a spirit link for him since you cant megaphone the float stone but thats really it. Kyogre however, could be a combo with something like blastoise and keldeo, but along side that I would run target whistle to get EXs on the bench. But now I wanna talk about the bottom right corner of Primal Kyogre EX. Yes, the set symbol is cool but look at the NUMBERS. 160 Cards! and we'll be getting SR megas and SR primals and prob another SR regular EX! Thats a 168 card set! Just let that sink in.

GadgetJax said:
Elbow said:

Actually, Yanmega from Phantom Forces OHKO's Primal Groudon with Muscle Band. Same goes for Primal Kyogre.

So once VirGen is rotated we all change to Yanmega? He relies on you having a DCE and some other energy attached and had to have come up as the active this turn with a muscle band to OHKO. This is just as much needed to set up a primal groudon EX (3 energy, and 1 from baby landorus, and a primal spirit link, assuming pokemon makes more hype for this set, which is what they are doing by releasing set cards 3 months early).
I really don't see him as being an 'easy' solution to Groudon, but more of like a beartic to landorus EX solution; it really only helps in 1-2 matchups.

Darkshy said:
Elbow said:

They're still slow to charge is the main thing. If they become popular there are still ways to deal with them aside from Genesect.

Assuming there is a Primal Spirit link card, with Baby landorus he can be set up by the 3rd turn.
If it became a deck, I think he'd be like finding dusknoir in a empoleon deck. You never really search out dusknoir, most of the time you eventually get him onto the field and then start the mayhem. Same with the groudon, you wouldn't need to get it up immediately, it would be more of a tech. Right now Manectric EX is a great tech in VirGen, but I wouldn't play a manectric EX down if I see a phanphy or a landorus EX on my opponent's field.
Again, with groudon, I wouldn't play him down if I saw any VirGen pokemon on my opponent's side.

Elbow said:
Darkshy said:

Assuming there is a Primal Spirit link card, with Baby landorus he can be set up by the 3rd turn.
If it became a deck, I think he'd be like finding dusknoir in a empoleon deck. You never really search out dusknoir, most of the time you eventually get him onto the field and then start the mayhem. Same with the groudon, you wouldn't need to get it up immediately, it would be more of a tech. Right now Manectric EX is a great tech in VirGen, but I wouldn't play a manectric EX down if I see a phanphy or a landorus EX on my opponent's field.
Again, with groudon, I wouldn't play him down if I saw any VirGen pokemon on my opponent's side.

Well take a deck like Donphan. It has ways to circumvent damage and deny prizes. That's power enough to deal with it. Toad is also a strong card which can two shot baby landy with a dce and muscle band. I guess I was wrong to say that Groudon is EASY to deal with, but he can be dealt with and we don't know what other cards are coming out in the set.

Darkshy said:
Elbow said:

Well take a deck like Donphan. It has ways to circumvent damage and deny prizes. That's power enough to deal with it. Toad is also a strong card which can two shot baby landy with a dce and muscle band. I guess I was wrong to say that Groudon is EASY to deal with, but he can be dealt with and we don't know what other cards are coming out in the set.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. But something that does kind of provoke me, outside of Seismatoad and Keldeo EX, there are no really good water EX's or playable cards. The only other one is Empoleon, but it's ironically not as good because of Seismatoad EX. Hopefully there are some other water EX's besides for the Kyogre line in this set, or at least a water EX without a grass weakness.

Well, I don't know how to feel about these. They both scream "Awesome", but at the same time, they are soo broken ~ In a sense. The fact that they have not only fantastic attacks, but two game changing abilities, just throws them over the top (Not to mention the 240hp).

I really don't know what to think. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

So yeah, that Kyogre wording is highly ambiguous. Two in total? Two more after attaching one? Either way that's one uh... that's a power creep, all right.

Back