(2) 'EX Battle Boost' leaks, ‘CoroCoro’ unleashes a torrent of new information [7/10]

RE: (1) 'EX Battle Boost' leaks have begun - Excadrill-EX and more! [7/10]

Oh good catch, thank you for that!

I was hoping they will make stage1/2 EX pokemons with 210 hp or something . All the EX idea is starting to get boring IMO . I hope they will stop making them in X&Y sets

Error at Excadrill EX: first attack's effect is: Discard a card from your deck. If it is a basic energy, attach it to one of your Pokémon.

Similar to Rayqauaza EX's Celestial Roar, but with only one card, but to any Pokémon instead.

Pokemon Enterprise

Flip a coin. If heads, heal 30 damages from one of your Pokémon, if tails, draw 3 cards.

Empoleons 2nd attack effect is written very small, but seems to be something like this: "If the defending Pokémon has less HP left than this Pokémon, this attack does XX more damage. (not entirely sure about that)

Juniper's Dad: Search your deck for a Pokémon card and put it on the bottom of the deck. Tell your opponent the name of the card. Then, he has to answer the height (size?) and reveal the card. If the answer is correct, your opponent draws 3 cards. If the answer is wrong, you draw 3 cards. (you may not chose a card that has no size printed on it)

At first when I saw what Cedric (Juniper's Dad, why is he not getting named when his card is being mentioned, is the card title literally that or something?) did, I thought "hell yes, Blaine's Quizes are back!". Then it hit me... Assuming it doesn't shuffle the deck after the reveal (you don't mention that it does), it works REALLY well with Fossil Pokemon, so it isn't just a gimmicky Cheren.

His card is literally named 'Araragi's Papa', so yeah, Juniper's Dad. He wasn't named in Japanese -- only referred to as Dr. Araragi.

Also Mandalayon you are amazing, thank you!

Except "Discard a card" would be "Discard the top card of your deck", no? :p

Juniper Papa, huh? Now I can finally tell all the kids at league who want him to exist in the TCG that he finally does.

And ooh, full shirtless art Shadow Triad. Interesting. I have this weird feeling the art will get censored if it ever comes to the States.

Other than that...looks like all the other cards here so far are reprints. *nod*

Ugh why is Cedric just a really bad Cheren?

What happens if you choose an EX Pokemon with Cedric? They don't have a Pokemon's height on the card. :rolleyes:

Skeleton Liar said:
What happens if you choose an EX Pokemon with Cedric? They don't have a Pokemon's height on the card. :rolleyes:
It says you cant choose one that doesn't:
(You may not choose a card that has no height printed on it.)

Glace said:
Ugh why is Cedric just a really bad Cheren?

Its simply fun for casual play I think. The whole set is kind of gimmiky

There's three Smash cards. They were revealed on the show a few weeks ago but no-one seemed to care.

Pokepower22 said:
Skeleton Liar said:
It says you cant choose one that doesn't:
(You may not choose a card that has no height printed on it.)
Oh, whoops. I guess I glanced over that, thinking it was the usual "You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack)" clause. Thanks for pointing that out. lol

About Juniper's Dad, I believe that A LOT of people are going to take advantage of the fact that you don't shuffle your deck after you finish playing the Supporter. You could easily arrange some cards "legally", play the Supporter, win the Quiz and draw the cards you needed, since you can't shuffle your deck if a card doesn't says so...

What you would do is you would take the Pokemon out of the deck, place it aside, offer your opponent the right to cut, and then put the card on the bottom of the deck (or to the side of the deck for convenience's sake). Treat it like any other search card.

Oh and yes, as per the Blaine's Quiz rulings from way back when, you cannot pick a Pokemon with no printed height. Obviously.

I don't think Cedric's completely useless. Fossils are a thing, as I mentioned before, and there are probably some applications for being guaranteed NOT to draw a certain card from a draw supporter. (It does, for instance, very slightly increase your odds of getting another card.) It's not as if people are going to memorize most heights.

Since there are so few playable decks, it wouldn't be so difficult to memorize them, or either running into your own deck lol

Juniper's dad: better start researching lileep!

LOL at Juniper's dad. That's hilarious. Most restored stuff gains the discard --> bottom of deck ability in Megalo cannon, so it's pretty much just a trollier version of Cheren.

Excadrill EX...is another useless EX that will never see any play if the format doesn't drastically change. There are better fighting EX's out there, and the first attack is gimmicky. You could pull some funky tricks with Pokedex but there are better forms of acceleration out there (not to mention it has a horrendous water weakness).

Based on seeing this cards and reading these translations, it seems pretty obvious that this was made to be a fun set that also rereleases some EXes, possibly so they can be used past rotation. Which I'm happy for since I like fun sets. >_> But if keeping some EXes past rotation really is a thing, I guess that increases the odds that this set (at least in part) will indeed be released internationally in some form.

lol at Juniper's Dad.

I couldn't name any Pokemon heights to save my life.

Back