(2) 'CoroCoro' and 'Pokemon Sunday' Reveal New Pokemon's Silhouette! [2/6]

I was on serebii earlier today and decided to give my theory of it being a Kitsune a push to see what kind of discussion I could get out of it, and one member posted some gold:

Riolucario;11038227 said:
I researched Kitsune mythology for a book I am writing. I read somewhere that the tails were an indication of how aged (and therefore powerful) the Kitsune are. This is why Vulpix is depicted with six tails, and Ninetails depicted with nine. The numbers 1, 5, 7 and 9 are most common tail numbers. I also read that not all Kitsune physically show their tails. They may appear as normal foxes - with one tail in physical form.

It should be noted that they are known are Yokai (I think that is how it is spelt...) which are types of spirits in Japan. Phantom Ruler Z. Yeah.

Erm what else... Of course yes, they can shapeshift, but are only said to be able to acquire this power once they achieve a certain age (one thousand years or so).

The creators of this Pokémon could be taking a more stylistic choice with this Pokémon if it is a Kitsune, rather than the obvious depiction Ninetales had. Either way, I don't think it is related to Ninetales.

Also, adding to my previous post... Just found an interesting site:
http://listverse.com/2009/10/26/10-mythological-creatures-and-shapeshifters/
Scroll down to the Kitsune entry.
Mentions fire, lighting, a fear of dogs (Entei, Suicune, Raikou?) and the ability to bend time and space (Celebi?) clone the appearance of an individual (Evil Ash?) and create illusions (somewhere it's mentioned that the film title is something to do with Illusions, right?)

Agosta44 said:
I was on serebii earlier today and decided to give my theory of it being a Kitsune a push to see what kind of discussion I could get out of it, and one member posted some gold:
You sir win a cookie. I'm sure a lot of us already realized the obvious connection with Kitsune, but I had no idea about that other stuff. Actually let me rephrase that last statement: you deserve an entire PLATTER of cookies.

Haha that's awesome. Ninetales deserves an evo. Though in the end, it might just be a Legendary Pokemon unrelated to anything.

Many fanarts look so awesome.
And I hope that the new Pokemon is not a Legendary because the Uber clause in Wi-Fi battles and official Pokemon Tournaments, it would be so cool to use this newcomer in Wi-Fi and Tournament battles.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Haha that's awesome. Ninetales deserves an evo. Though in the end, it might just be a Legendary Pokemon unrelated to anything.

IMHO it's not a Ninetales evolution.

I'm sick and tired of all the Mightyena evo crap it is so annoying. It's like were fussing about 2012.

It's really unlikely it's a ninetales evolution only because ninetales evolves by stone. Honesty, Ninetales' stats are low enough to have an evolution. Since they've thrown a wrench into evolution EVERY generation, it's dumb to think they won't change things up again.

Gen I-Set the standard
Gen II- Evolution from trade WITH certain items, evolution by day & night, happiness
Gen III-Have to breed with incenses to get babies, one baby available in the wild, bloody wurmple and its random 'personality value' evolution, SHEDINJA
Gen IV- Evolution by gender, split evos with one stone and one level up, more babies in wild, etc.

Anyway, it's not that unlikely for a stone evolution to get a bump up. More likely than some theories.

((Exeggutor, Cloyster and Arcanine also could benefit from evos, IMHO.))

I highly doubt if its going to be an evolution of Ninetales. Vulpix evolves into Ninetales by a fire stone, and also it doesn't seem like the 5th Generation Pokemon has tails like Vulpix or Ninetales. It just seems like this Pokemon is a whole new one.

Also we have to see the body shape of the Pokemon. Also get a better idea of how its standing then compare it against other Pokemon that might fit with this Pokemon.

Ok everyone this is what really will happen in the new movie. Ok so first off, Z is obviously a completely new pokemon despite the fact he looks similar and has similar atributes as multiple pokemon. Well, Z transforms into several legendaries and gets into a big fight with other ones, hence why the teaser trailer showed Ho-oh and Lugia fighting. Also, there is no "dark ash" you can clearly see that the supposed "dark ash" is in the shadow of a tree. So ash arrives in some new city. (kinda obvious as all poke movies start this way) When he arrives he has a splendid time with his friends. Then after 5 minutes some random person runs up to him and his buddies and tells them the legendaries are fighting, or their town is cursed or some other third thing. So like he always does, he goes after the mysterious happenings. From this point, he first encounters "Z" alone with pikachu as shown in the trailer. From this encounter he comes up with the idea that the pokemon is not really bad, or he is just plain confused. He then tells his friends and other people he has met in the city and they do not belive him... until they encounter Z for themselves. But where do the bad guys/ team rocket come in? You can assume that there will be atleast one nutjob in the movie who wishes to take control over Z to manipulate it for mischevious deeds. Im not really sure about the minor adventurish details in the middle, but they will, like always defeat their foes and become friends with Z.
Lol this is just my assumption about the movie.

Travis said:
I like how no one's guessing anymore, we're just set to different theories and waiting now.

TEAM MIGHTYENA

TEAM NINETALES

TEAM LUCARIO

TEAM "Z" (anyone who thinks it's a whole new pokemon, not an evo)

Who will YOU choose?

I choose Z!

Z all the way.

I'm back.Ok,well,It's clearer now that it probubly IS a new Pokemon.I mean.There aren't an overmade amount of choices.Hopefully they won't make some random like "Info" about this thing or powers.Oh and Team Z.

Ventus said:
Ok everyone this is what really will happen in the new movie. Ok so first off, Z is obviously a completely new pokemon despite the fact he looks similar and has similar atributes as multiple pokemon. Well, Z transforms into several legendaries and gets into a big fight with other ones, hence why the teaser trailer showed Ho-oh and Lugia fighting. Also, there is no "dark ash" you can clearly see that the supposed "dark ash" is in the shadow of a tree. So ash arrives in some new city. (kinda obvious as all poke movies start this way) When he arrives he has a splendid time with his friends. Then after 5 minutes some random person runs up to him and his buddies and tells them the legendaries are fighting, or their town is cursed or some other third thing. So like he always does, he goes after the mysterious happenings. From this point, he first encounters "Z" alone with pikachu as shown in the trailer. From this encounter he comes up with the idea that the pokemon is not really bad, or he is just plain confused. He then tells his friends and other people he has met in the city and they do not belive him... until they encounter Z for themselves. But where do the bad guys/ team rocket come in? You can assume that there will be atleast one nutjob in the movie who wishes to take control over Z to manipulate it for mischevious deeds. Im not really sure about the minor adventurish details in the middle, but they will, like always defeat their foes and become friends with Z.
Lol this is just my assumption about the movie.
I can trust the story goes something like that.

Xous said:
Just for the heck of it:

P1000501.jpg

That's how I see it right now. Can't wait to see how it actually looks. Not even going to bother with color schemes at this moment. xD

I think this might be my new fav.

Not to be rude but it's doubtfull it will evolve mightyana. Du to the fact that there is always a dog like pokemon in each generation and they only evolve once and Mightyana is one of them. Since they do only evolve once I highly doubt they will change that now. Also Ninetails and Lucario are out too in my opinion, this pokemon has no tail.

TEAM Z!!!!!

it can't be lucario, he dosn't have claws
Mightyena is highly probable
Absol has the same kind of claws so maybe (hopefully)
but its not likely to be absol since it dosnt have a tail or horn like absol.

oukami said:
it can't be lucario, he dosn't have claws
Mightyena is highly probable
Absol has the same kind of claws so maybe (hopefully)
but its not likely to be absol since it dosnt have a tail or horn like absol.
When thinking about it, Absol might be possible. We don't know if it does have a tail. But what if the ''brush'' at the end of the ponytail not is connected to the ponytail but to the place where it's tail is supposed to be. It would be a weird evolution though...

Anyway speculating is the only thing we can do. But it's definitely not going to be a Ninetales or Lucario, neither a Absol I think. Mightyena still could be possible due its appearance on the movie's adverstisement stuff. And the chance of it being a completely new Pokemon is still very high.

I think that the new Pokemon may really be the evolution of Ninetales. The nine tales become the crest and even if in the silouette there are only 7 spikes, the other two maybe are hidden in the shadow.
I drew a sketch oh the pokemon as i understand:

pokemonz.jpg

What do you think?

Zoroa ゾロア& Zoroaku ゾロアクー

has bean ''leaked'' onto japanese imagebord and serebii.net
but has NOT YET been confirmed.

671700.jpg
666210.jpg

I think they look real enough, i'm not sure though, but if this is the real deal I am not disapointed. ^^

StiX said:
Zoroa & Zoraaku

has bean ''leaked'' onto japanese imagebord and serebii.net
but has NOT YET been confirmed.

click on the link if you want to see it.
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1688/zaroa.jpg
Hmmm, cool....it ''looks'' legit to me but yeah...you never know.
but its pretty intresting that there is a ''baby'' evolution in the picture...
well i keep my hopes up

I think it looks real enough... but I don't want to be totally 100% yet...
But I think they look awesome! Their design looks like good Pokemon :3

Back