(2) BW8 Cards, Salamence Promo [11/20]

So on Salamance's ability, does that mean discard all Tools attatched to all your opponets pokemon? Even so, I doubt it will see much competitive play.
Chandelure seems like a backwards Typhlosion prime, searching the deck instead of the discard.
Shadow Triad will defiantly see play, and most of the Eeveelutions are kinda dissapointing, though Umbreon and Glaceon really help Plasma pokemon and may see play in those decks. Espeon and Flareon seem interesting, and I'm starting to wonder how much damage I can do with Vengence...
edit: The Litwick on the box seems to be tending to frozen flowers :p

Keeper of Night said:
So on Salamance's ability, does that mean discard all Tools attatched to all your opponets pokemon? Even so, I doubt it will see much competitive play.

Where is the confusion about this? It says on the ability it discards all tools on your opponents pokemon, i.e. every tool they have in play is discarded.

Really like the Chandelure and Flareon, and now plasma have their own version of Aaron's Collection. I'm guessing you can get back plasma energy with Shadow Triad, making Lugia even better.

This is really far away for us though, makes me sad...

Blue_Horizon said:
Keeper of Night said:

Where is the confusion about this? It says on the ability it discards all tools on your opponents pokemon, i.e. every tool they have in play is discarded.

Translations can be misread, just look at the confusion we had on Deoxys for a bit.

Having it just discard a single Tool card doesn't make any sense. It's most likely discard all tools on your opponent's Pokemon. I know it discards Tools on your opponent's Pokemon, based on what I can read, so I'm assuming it's all Tools.

Shadow Triad could work nicely for the Plasma Engine, as could Umbreon and Glaceon as generic Plasma support (interestingly enough, the add calls them both 'killer cards', which is amusing). Chandelure is very reminiscent of Gardevoir's Psy Shadow, and it's the first non-attack in a while that has attached Energy directly from the deck, which is great.

[L][C] Elec Difuse: 40 damage. If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon-EX, during your opponent's next turn, that Pokemon can't attack.
JOLTEON OMG YES

[R][C][C] Flare Blitz: 90 damage. This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself.
FLAREON OMG YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

High resolution images of BW8's booster boxes have revealed that Voltorb, Electrode, Pawniard, and Bisharp will be in Thunder Knuckle while Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Tympole, Palpitoad, and Seismitoad will be in Psycho Drive.
Spiral Force. It's Spiral Force.

Edit: Also, I should probably mention that I am really digging the Chandelure artwork.

DNA said:
[R][C][C] Flare Blitz: 90 damage. This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself.
FLAREON OMG YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

You see, I read that as an insult to us who play the video game, given that Flareon CAN NOT learn the move! T-T It's rather insulting to give it to him in the card game but not in the video game and very upsetting for me as I love flareon and it DESERVES Flare Blitz! It's like the only physical fire type pokemon who doesn't get it! Heck, even most of the SPECIAL Fire Pokemon get the dang move!

And when I read Chandelure's ability, my job dropped like 10 feet.

Umbreon's is ALSO very good. Forget Big Cloak, put an umbreon down. XD

It wouldn't be a big deal for Flareon to learn Flare Blitz anyway, it would still be utterly outclassed by Entei, Darmanitan and Arcanine. Flareon needs something truly special to find a niche of its own in the 5th generation, probably in the form of an awesome supporting ability such as Drought.

I honestly believe Salamence is there to look pretty. =/. 4 for 100 is not good at all, with different energy cost that isn't on the same BLEND ENERGY.

I don't like Shadow Triad, it is good item recycling, but meh, for a supporter? I'd rather use Dowsing Machine.

I LOVE THE GLACEON. Level Ball searchable, gives everything on your field two less retreat... Good day :D

Typhlosion (Chandelure) is back! Except this time it's from the deck!
...and that multiple Stage 2 support doesn't really work now.

Dodrio (Glaceon) is also back for Plasma Pokemon, which is kind of cool. Not really sure how useful it'll be with Darkrai giving free retreat to everything anyway, but it's an interesting concept.

Jolteon is terrible, a backup EX attacker completely ruins the entire strategy and you're only doing 40 a turn (even with 4 Deoxys you only do 80, which is below the norm).

Flareon o_O. Since Basics dominate everything, I'm throwing it out there that it's probably not very good, but you could technically OHKO everything on the field with a DCE and proper set up.

Umbreon's also cool, although Stage 1 support tends to be clunky unless it does something like accelerate energy (cough eels cough).

Shadow Triad's interesting, it lets you get Plasma Energy and stuff back from the discard which is very nice. It uses a supporter, so it's not that amazing, but I can see it being decent in decks that run a ton of Plasma support.

Everything else is terrible. Salamence is a Stage 2 with an ability that's basically useless, and the other Eeveelutions are just more low-damaging Stage 1's. Well, at least it's better than some things we've seen.

I could definitely see Flareon being played with cards like Ho-Oh EX and Audino BCR. Ho-Oh benefits from being in the discard, and it can accelerate Energy as well as being able to recover some Energy after a Flareon gets KOed. Audino discards itself and even though the extra healing won't help much, but discarding Audino is very nice.

Ok so sp pokemon are pretty much back, but now Lugia EX can have 200 HP thanks to Umbreon, eviolite to make it take 20 less damage, able to have no weakness, and takes two prizes per KO. Good job TCPI way to deal with the big basic problem.;)

I know this might sound silly but does Umbreon's Ablility Stack?

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
I know this might sound silly but does Umbreon's Ablility Stack?

That's not a silly question at all. The translation makes it seem like it is stackable, but I don't know what the Japanese actually says.

I am definitely playing Chandelure/Reshiram. No question it's the new BDIF.

DNA said:
Shadow Triad could work nicely for the Plasma Engine, as could Umbreon and Glaceon as generic Plasma support (interestingly enough, the add calls them both 'killer cards', which is amusing).

In this case it's not 'killer' (キラー), it's 'kira' (キラ), which means that they're going to be sparkly, aka probably holo.

Shadow Triad+Lugia.another way to get back your Plasma Energy!

Here's an idea:
Pokemon

2 Tornadus EX
2 Lugia EX
3-1-3 Magnezone Plasma
2-2 Umbreon Plasma

Trainer

4 Plasma Ball
4 Level Ball
4 Rare Candy
3 Colress Machine
2-3 Plasma Badge (For tornadus EX)
4 Catcher

4 Shadow Triad
4 N
4 Colress
4 Skyla

Energy

4 DCE
4 Plasma Energy
4 Dark (In case you need to use Umbreon or something)

Too lazy to add stuff up but yeah this could be pretty good.

Back