14 New 'Phantom Forces' Cards Revealed! [10/1]

Nothing too surprising here, I would personally love to see some of the cards we're getting in this set that Japan got through other means. I refer to cards like Fairy Dedenne and unlikely as it may be fighting Pangoro. Also wonder if the Helilolisk from Japan's October promo set will be in here.

I do like that Gourgeist's ability, too bad the attack is mediocre.

Gourgeist has some potential with Celebi-EX and Dimensional Ravine by copying Pumkaboo's attack.Yeah too much set up, but could be used for a fun deck.

Crobat seems cool for an annoying deck, imo. Wish Devolution Spary was still in the format, so probably having some AZ can help.

The floating candy background looks even more awesome on the English cards!

-Said no one ever

But yeah, I would like to see a fairy Dedenne and fighting Pangoro, but if they're not in our set, a galaxy holo promo for each would be even cooler.

The name of Spiritomb's first attack.

B Cancel.
Prevents evolution in the next turn.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who laughed?

I noticed that Zubat in this set is #31, while in Phantom Gate it was #30, so we can expect to see at least 1 new Water Type, Fire Type, Lightning Type, or Grass Type. Could it be the fabeled 7th EX that hasn't even been revealed yet(I personally hope it's the October promo Heliolisk)? Sry, no Fighting Pangoro. Gliscor is #47 and Murkrow is #51, so there's no more room for new Fighting Types since those 3 slots are taken up by the Gigalith Line.

His Goominess said:

B Cancel.

Didn't even notice until now. :)

His Goominess said:

B Cancel.

I didn't read the attack names but this is one of the best ones ever

This is what I said way back when the Phantom Force cards were being translated - Biikyan wasn't Beam Cancel but slang for B-Cancel

I thought it was funny I didn't remember that a clever name like "B Cancel" was in the Japanese set. I checked Pokebeach's Phantom Gate page and it looks like you guys mistranslated the attack name as "Beam Cancel" when it should've been "B Cancel." The original Japanese name for it can't even be interpreted as "Beam" Cancel, so I don't know how you guys possibly arrived at that name.

But here's the funny part. Look who else made the exact same error. Bulbapedia strikes again! Will they ever stop stealing...seriously.

[They already fixed it, but you can still see it in their edit history.]

Attachments

• steal.png
    steal.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 28
This is the description for Gourgeist Phantom Forces on the Official Website.
Gourgeist is a Psychic-type Pokémon with an affinity for Grass Energy: when one is attached to Gourgeist, its Gourgantic Ability doubles its size, giving the Pokémon a maximum HP of 200! Its Horror Note attack, which delivers 10 damage for every card in your hand, is a great way to take advantage of all the card-drawing Trainer cards in this set.

Either this is a typo, or a new draw trainer will be released in Phantom Forces. Any guesses?

My guess for the phantom card before Zubat is either the XY-P Helioptile or Heliolisk. More likely Helioptile since the Heliolisk was revealed like two days ago.

GadgetJax said:
This is the description for Gourgeist Phantom Forces on the Official Website.
Gourgeist is a Psychic-type Pokémon with an affinity for Grass Energy: when one is attached to Gourgeist, its Gourgantic Ability doubles its size, giving the Pokémon a maximum HP of 200! Its Horror Note attack, which delivers 10 damage for every card in your hand, is a great way to take advantage of all the card-drawing Trainer cards in this set.

Either this is a typo, or a new draw trainer will be released in Phantom Forces. Any guesses?
Maybe they count the searching cards as drawing power? It's either that or just their usual hype-up-cards-with-no-real-competitive-value thing for people that don't actually play. Like they did with HawluchaEX. I seriously laughed at their description for HawluchaEX.

The last EX must be Diancie-EX. Gallade can't be it, since it will be a Box Promo, and Bulbapedia confirmed that a Mega Diancie-EX box will be released that same month, meaning that there has to be a Diancie EX released by then. Since Diancie is already part of the booster pack artwork, this honestly makes a lot of sense. There is still that crazy chance the 7th EX could be something like Absol-EX, but that seems to unlikely.

With the annoucement of the M. Diancie EX box I have to agree that the last EX is Diancie. That's the only release before Janurary bar the very unlikely event of another box just for Diancie EX.

Back