(1) XY14 Trevenant and XY15 Slurpuff in 'Furious Fists' Blisters [8/2]

I know I've generally been a bit stupid on Pokébeach lately, but I think this needs to be said:

What's being said above is a very, very serious allegation. Be very careful what you say in regards to that particular allegation, due to defamation law (in the UK, I believe this is known as libel in the US). If you are found to have either explicitly said or implied something untrue about someone that would cause them to be shunned or avoided, you could face legal consequences.

I know nothing about this particular staff member (or any of the Bulbagarden staff) so cannot, and will not, attempt to either defend or condemn them; however if there are legitimate suspicions I would suggest you encourage those affected to contact the appropriate authorities to report it.

Unfortunately that particular "allegation" is true. There were several threads and posts about it on Bulbagarden when it happened. It is a well-known incident among many people.

I also wouldn't defend them for "defamation of character" when they flat-out lied about me calling one of their staff members a "f*****" and posted it to their Twitter for everyone to believe. Plus all the other lying and stealing and drama and whatnot.

If the allegation has been proven then fair enough. I just didn't want any members here getting in trouble for saying the wrong thing.

I'm so happy to see some non-EX Kalos Pokemon getting represented by artists other than generic 5ban! This is very pleasing to me and hopefully bodes well for the future.

GadgetJax said:
On the subject of Bulbapedia, while I am on Pokebeach's side for the whole matter, I really don't see any issue in what they're doing. This happens all the time in mass media. A company might upload a video for a new product, and some random person will re-upload it, claiming it their own. The only thing about this issue that makes me side with Pokebeach is that regardless who is at fault in this event, there is no reason for Bulbapedia to resort to accusing Water Pokemon Master of blaspheming, just to defend their case. Talk quietly, and carry a large sword, is my motto.

I'd like to impress that this has never been about the actual theft, but about the corrupt practices and polices of their website. This situation shouldn't be stated lightly after what they did, especially with everything else this incident has uncovered about them. There is nothing redeeming about their administration, and it is clear from their actions that they are not actually a fan site, but a corporation that is trying to steal from and defame regular fan sites so they can make as much money as possible. It's bad enough that they're a corporate-owned company making money off their own user's free work and lying about it to everyone, it's another thing entirely to also be stealing from other fan sites who do this for free, make money off their work, lie about doing so, and also trying to defame those very same fans in the same breath. What makes it unforgivable is that they are consciously aware of what they're doing, but know that the general public can never uncover even a slice of this, which is why they are allowed to get away with it.

On a personal note, any individual who allows his underage "employees" to post naked photos of themselves or see naked photos of others should be in jail. I have no idea why that did not happen when the issue was first uncovered (I only found out about it much later), but it seems like Bulbagarden and its webmaster are allowed to get away with everything.

As many have said, it's impossible for anyone with logical reasoning to accept their practices, let alone if you have morals.

I decided to read through this thread, and it's pretty sad imo. A corporation, of all groups, is the one to lie, slander, and steal. I'm very confused as to why they didn't cite you (or Andreas B.) for the information. They obviously care very little about Pokémon, so they should have no problem citing another website.

Everyone, y u no like 5ban ;-;

Hi, I joined mainly just for this. I am terribly sorry about sleazy thing done by Bulbagarden. I have experience with them and can vouch it is a pretty horrible place. They like to impose their wills on its members by censorship and can call ban anything they personally see as wrong. They actively make sure to promote their agenda forum wide and truthfully it is terrible.
That tweet of theirs was about the friend accusation was first off obviously not true and secondly used to in influence its members by the gall of anger. The only reason they said that is to just have their members depict Pokebeach and everyone who knows the truth as bad people. They know that they can have people support them with that and that is why they did that. Though obviously some of us know better.

Anyways I am happy I joined. I will no longer be using bulbapedia for any news what so ever. Instead I am definitely going put time in Pokebeach and checking out what it has to offer. I hope I may be able to contribute to the forum and look forward to meeting you all.I didn't know much of PokeBeach before but can see it is ten fold better than bulbargarden in content, morals, and peoples to just name a few.

People use Bulbagarden for news? I always thought it was a poor mans Serebii.

Serebii has a lot of info on the games.

Pokebeach gets news really quickly, and has all of the scans of the cards.

GadgetJax said:
Also, on a side note, who is to say that everyone on Bulbanews is evil? Just because Muslims live in the Middle East doesn't mean that every Middle-Eastern is a Terrorist.

Wait? Did you just say:
Muslims live in Middle East
The rest of the Middle East isn't necessarily terrorist

So all Muslims (not M.E.) are terrorists?

GadgetJax said:
Yes, I agree, Bulbapedia's methods are wrong. The staff there is corrupt, and their methods of income are cruel, but when you really look at it, Bulbapedia isn't the only one that does it. If word is spread out about something, there shouldn't be anything wrong with another group/company re-uploading said information. No matter how mean the staff at Bulbapedia is, how else would you expect them to make money if everyone else uploads the news and they can't?
I don't think you understand this situation.

Nothing is wrong with people spreading news or reuploading information, as everyone stated at the very beginning of this thread.

The issue is not crediting the people who brought that information to you, as basic journalism would denote, and then making money off that stolen content, defaming the people who brought it to you, and lying/covering up everything. Topping that all off, they constantly steal their content from other websites, which various other webmasters will attest to.

All they need to do is credit the hardworking people who provide the content. Especially if they're making money off it. Oh, and, you know, not lie, cover up, and defame those people. It's really unnecessary, and even if they are a corporation, it's not going to hurt them to give a nod to those who provide them with their material. Your excuse that they "have to do this to survive" is bull.

This situation really doesn't get any simpler than that.

EDIT: Okay, so he deleted his post. -_- lol.

I don't know how, but this discussion inspired me to make some new decks and want to get back into competitive TCG play, even if I do only remain at a league again.

But back to the off-topic topic, yay for uniting against a common enemy, I guess...

And on to the original and on-topic topic which is now rather off-topic, too bad I won't even be able to try and use either of those promos in decks.

I thought people only used bulbapedia for looking up Pokémon moves. I stopped using them when I found http://pokemondb.net/pokedex for that. It's much better and easier to browse through.

I don't think what they did should be forgiven. I never thought a site with so many viewers would risk doing something that low and completely destroy their reputation. I hope they won't be given the chance to do similar things to this or other sites/fans.

In other news, to bring it back to a little bit of promo talk, Gogoat was announced as XY16, fully filling in those gaps between the Machamp Pre-Release promo and the Charizard EX promo.

As long as it's a new Gogoat (which I think it is, isn't some promo that was given in Japan for something or another...like that narrows it) that's good. Now, back to my rant: where are the fairy Dedenne and fighting Pangoro. I hope these make it into Phantom Forces, along with the dark Greninja and the (not made but imo are all but confirmed) psychic Delphox and fighting Chestnaught.

Pikachu6319 said:
As long as it's a new Gogoat (which I think it is, isn't some promo that was given in Japan for something or another...like that narrows it) that's good. Now, back to my rant: where are the fairy Dedenne and fighting Pangoro. I hope these make it into Phantom Forces, along with the dark Greninja and the (not made but imo are all but confirmed) psychic Delphox and fighting Chestnaught.

We could still get them in the checklanes or blisters for XY4. There are four empty slots between Greninja EX and Krookodile EX would leave room for a PR Promo, two Blister promos and one Checklane, matching XY3.

Plus, Trevenant and Slurpuff, as well as Gogoat, were Pokémon that debuted in XY1, so there's no need to worry that the new promos will correspond to the theme of the new set.

I half expected the fairy Dedenne to be the other checklane blister for this set but that goes to a cosmo holo Legendary Treasures Zoroark. I would have preferred the Dedenne.

Keep in mind that we don't know if three of the four slots between Greninja EX and Krookodile EX goes to the reprints of Charizard EX, Blastoise EX, and Venusaur EX. There may only be one slot open. I could see fighting Pangoro being not a checklane promo but put into a set. Also we have to remember we have instances of blank promo slots. DP never got two because they were only released in France and of course the infamous Pikachu/Raichu combo in BW.

And conversely there are plenty of Japanese cards, even today, that never make it to America, so it could unfortunantley be possible that we wouldn't get those cards. It's a slim chance, but a chance none the less.

True, but we are already up to XY26 with Pyroar, and we've had those empty slots for the XY3 stuff for a while, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Fall Tins were XY27 through XY29.

Oh the joys of Promos.

Back