(1) XY14 Trevenant and XY15 Slurpuff in 'Furious Fists' Blisters [8/2]

At least their actions are entertaining? They have a new editor-in-chief apparently (as of yesterday), so they probably don't know what they're doing. They remind me of this episode of Voyager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gXhqBz2kSw

Their news staff and website gives off the appearance of professionalism (like a Borg cube :p), but in actuality they're just children with egos.

Water Pokémon Master said:
I just got an e-mail from an admin at Bulbagarden's forums that I've been giving a warning even though I haven't been on their forums in over a year or two. Hilarious!

I'm curious.
What was the warning for?

For "abusive messages toward Maverick Nate," the guy who posted the story. I messaged him on Facebook (where we've talked before) and confronted him about the incident earlier today (as I mentioned above), but the messages are hardly "abusive," nor did they even take place on their forums. The worst thing I said was "That's okay, I'll make it very public what you're doing." And then he was like "well don't talk to me about it, it's out of my hands now, talk to the editor-in-chief," after which I said nothing more. According to the e-mail the warning is worth 1000 points (oh noz), which I think is the max? I didn't bother to login to see if there was anything else.

Funny, this reminds me of the time one of Bulbagarden's staff members contacted my university after my school's newspaper published an article about me (I don't remember for what, but they were trying to get them to change it to make me look more negative or something). The newspaper staff laughed them off of course, but when I confronted Bulbagarden about it, they refused to do anything about it because it didn't take place on their site. Double standards ftw.

For "abusive messages toward Maverick Nate," the guy who posted the story. I messaged him on Facebook and confronted him about the incident earlier today (as I mentioned above), but the messages are hardly "abusive," nor did they even take place on their forums. The worst thing I said was "That's okay, I'll make it very public what you're doing." And then he was like "well don't talk to me about it, it's out of my hands now, talk to the editor-in-chief," after which I said nothing more. According to the e-mail the warning is worth 1000 points (oh noz), which I think is the max? I didn't bother to login to see if there was anything else.

This is just hilarious.

Hopefully the news gets around. I came from another forum myself, so at least the news is going somewhere.

https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/status/496075074848714754 , https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/status/49607552233899212

DarthMewtwo said:
https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/status/496075074848714754, https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/status/49607552233899212

"There is very little truth in that thread."

I'm going to grab some popcorn.

I was going to post something about Trevenant and Slurpuff but now it seems a little inappropriate

*Awkwardly leaves*
tumblr_ljvv9iu7yr1qj0zk3o1_500.gif

What?
I'm assuming you deleted your post for a good reason, but I'll just post this picture here (since Bulbagarden deleted their twitter post):
XseiESv.png

Are you talking about the post where I said "They didn't post that?" I deleted that one after I saw that holy shiat, they're actually going to try to defend themselves and those Tweets are real.

If you're talking about my response to those Tweets (which was "Bring it on Bulbagarden. I look forward to seeing how you try to spin this in your favor") (or whatever it was), I didn't delete that Tweet. Is it gone from Twitter now? I suck at Twitter.

Are you talking about the post where I said "They didn't post that?" I deleted that one after I saw that holy shiat, they're actually going to try to defend themselves and those Tweets are real.

If you're talking about my response to those Tweets (which was "Bring it on Bulbagarden. I look forward to seeing how you try to spin this in your favor") (or whatever it was), I didn't delete that Tweet. Is it gone from Twitter now? I suck at Twitter.

I was referring towards your deleted post. Which I assume you took down after you realized that they are indeed calling you a liar.

Totally going to grab some popcorn now.

It will be very interesting to see how they turn this thing around. Or well, should I say "try to turn things around"? We of course have the thought of being in this side of the "fight", but even if I were in the other one(in Bulbapedia's side), I honestly couldn't find a way out of this, specially after I saw that site the Anonymous posted. I wonder if Bulbapedia is still under that site's domain, because it's kind of outdated... I'm although assuming it is given this event.

Anybody shares their popcorn with me? I have candies in exchange! xD

Bulbapedia is really just one PR crap-storm after another at this stage.

It's fascinating how they paint people like Serebii and now WPM in a bad light, when in reality they're no angels themselves.

So Bulbagarden wants to put out its own "version" of events, which is going to be hilarious to read. It's going to be pretty darn hard to go against the facts. But here you go Bulbagarden, let's see what you can pull off with your imagination.

Of course, Bulbagarden, you could just apologize.

> It's just another day at PokeBeach when I get promo scans in an e-mail from a site reader. New promos, yay! I post them up, give the guy credit, it's just another card collecting story. Nothing out of the ordinary, a small story in fact. This was yesterday.
> A day later, another website steals the images and edits it to remove the watermark to make it look like it didn't come from here. This website/online store, which shall go unnamed, is well-known amongst news posters for editing its images from multiple sources (which in itself is shady, since the store doesn't actually carry the product they claim to have; otherwise they'd post their own image). (Also, fun note: This is often the reason for why PokeBeach watermarks its card scans. Back in the early days we were warned against posting HD scans by PUSA because companies can use them to print fake cards, or other things like that.)
> Maverick Nate happily posts his news story with the edited image since now he does not have to credit PokeBeach. He can just credit the site that stole the image and get around the issue. Nate has linked to this store at every possible opportunity for all of his news stories, so I am actually starting to wonder if the store is giving him kickbacks, especially since it used to pay another site (whose staff member also used to be part of Bulbagarden) to advertise their store. Like Serebii, PokeBeach does not advertise or take payments from anyone.
> I contact Bulbanews's new editor-in-chief, no response.
> I contact Nate over FB, like usual, and tell him the image is stolen, how can you not see this, you're trying to avoid crediting us like usual, etc. etc. Nate makes it clear he will not do what's right, WPM threatens to expose what he's doing (the "harassing messages," apparently). Nate also claims in the conversation that he has not seen the news on PokeBeach and didn't know we posted it, but I link him to this thread and see him as the only guest reading it. The guest IP he uses is also from his state. A reverse IP lookup on our other forum accounts reveals a sock puppet account that has Nate's school e-mail address. In other words, the IP I have is Nate's. I check the IP against our server logs (which are saved for a week) and find that Nate has visited the site at least once, but probably many more times, since the news was first posted. So he is lying and trying to play dumb.
> I reply to Bulbanews's Tweet for the story saying "Interesting theft practices you have there" or something like that.
> Bulbanews removes the stolen image since it's obvious to anyone who looks at it that it's edited from here, but rewrites their article to link to the website that stole the image instead (kickbacks? doesn't want to credit PB just cuz?). This way they can still have the story, but not link to us apparently. At this point I don't really care an ounce about credit, as this situation is ridiculous. But you have to admit their practices are just so petty and shocking.
> I talk to Nate again and he tells me to contact the editor-in-chief because it's out of his hands. He says that he changed the article according to what they asked, meaning they also sponsor what he's doing or are, at best, ignorant of the situation (there Bulbagarden, I threw you a bone, make sure to exploit this point when/if you respond). According to Nate he's just the "messenger" now, in other words not taking responsibility for his story and using red tape in his favor. I stop talking to him.
> This thread, I link to it on Twitter.
> I receive a warning on Bulbagarden forums for 1000 points for "harassing Nate" even though I have not been on their forums in like a year or two. Sounds like they're just warning me because of this thread. I link to this thread again on Twitter.
> Bulbagarden responds to someone's comment of the situation on Twitter, as seen above, saying something about the thread not being true or whatever. I respond too and say something like "Bring it on Bulbagarden, I look forward to how you skew this situation in your favor."

And that's all of it.

I don't care what they say, I didn't do anything wrong, and I look forward to seeing their response if they choose to dig themselves a deeper hole by trying to justify their behavior.

WhySoCarefree said:
It's fascinating how they paint people like Serebii and now WPM in a bad light, when in reality they're no angels themselves.

Well, we all do things wrong sometimes and I myself am not always an angel, but I don't have a systematic problem like they do. And you know something is very wrong when WPM and Serebii are united over something!

WhySoCarefree said:

Well, we all do things wrong sometimes and I myself am not always an angel, but I don't have a systematic problem like they do. And you know something is very wrong when WPM and Serebii are united over something!

Of course, none of us are infallible, but they've certainly built up a reputation from being far from kosher.

What worries me from your version of events is that I've purchased from what I am assuming is the site you're referring to, purely due to convenience of shipping location, and I did not know about their shady at best practices.

And you know something is very wrong when WPM and Serebii are united over something!
This made me lol.

But...um...I really like the non-5ban artwork on the cards.

This is pretty fantastic material for a Werewolf game...

Reserving it.

Edit by [smod]Drohn[/smod]. Totally my idea:

[04/08/14 02:43:53] drohn91: and this time
[04/08/14 02:43:59] drohn91: serebii and wpm share the same pov
[04/08/14 02:44:06] Celever: woah what
[04/08/14 02:44:13] Celever: 2 of the big three agree on something?
[04/08/14 02:44:15] Celever: this is like
[04/08/14 02:44:18] Celever: revolutionary
[04/08/14 02:45:18] drohn91: i smell a new WW flavour

Edit by Celever for out of context logs:

[01:38:11] Celever: looool
[01:38:16] Celever: Drohn
[01:38:18] Celever: we should host that
[01:38:19] Celever: :D
[01:38:27] Celever: I've got a side game in the queue atm
[01:38:36] Celever: but we can start planning now
[01:38:42] drohn91: we should

As you can clearly see, any claims to ownership of this idea were fully justified, as I am a co-owner of the set up, even with permission from the other co-owner, which are clearly shown here.

Bulbanews just put the image back up and continues to link to the online store. Kickbacks? I think so at this point. It is clear they have absolutely no shred of respect or dignity at this point.

Back