(1) X/Y Pokemon Direct [9/4]

I really like Charizard's and Blastoise's mega evolution,but my favorite Venusaur.....it's not as good,but it's okay.

mastermagpie said:
P.DelSlayer said:
It's $5 per 12 months.

It's a perfectly fair and reasonable price.

About 42 cents (£0.27) a month... That's nothing!
As P.DelSlayer said, it really is completely reasonable!

I know. That's what I said, did I not, I just misread the article, but I'm still mad how this happened

Gens 4-5 Play a quick and free mini game to transfer 6 pokemon.
Gens 5-6 Download 2 softwares for 3DS (that take forever to load), pay 5 bucks, and transfer pokemon.

edit: That escalated quickly

$5 a year to be able to transfer your Pokemon from your older games without having to use a second DS and cloud base storing system? Heck, I would of paid more.

scuba steveE said:
$5 a year to be able to transfer your Pokemon from your older games without having to use a second DS and cloud base storing system? Heck, I would of paid more.

*singing* Hush little baby don't say a word,
not everyone can afford to be so absurd.

JK but really felt like saying that cause it just came to my head and fit soooo well. But I agree it's an amazing bargain.

Reggie McGigas said:
P.DelSlayer said:
It's $5 per 12 months.

It's a perfectly fair and reasonable price.

Oh, I read it wrong, I thought it was 5 bucks a month. 5 bucks a year is a much more reasonable price, but the fact that you even have to pay to transfer is annoying and unnecessary. I remember the good old days when you could transfer pokemon from one game to another quick and free! (Gasp!)

There is a 1month free trial from release till the end of 2013.

That's way more than anyone needs to get their old stuff over and never use it again.

Yeah, I misread it when I first saw it too, I thought it was $5/month as opposed to year. That was also before I knew about the free month trial. And before knowing all of this, even then I was still indifferent about it. Now I'm all for it and I may even subscribe to the full feature myself, if I end up needing it that is. If not, I'll just do the free trial to get my gen 5 Pokemon over. People hardly even have a reason to complain about having to pay to transfer your Pokemon over now, if you can just catch the free trial you wouldn't have to. I can see how it might be a pain for the future though, if you ever wanted to replay through B/W one day and needed to pay the $5 for the Bank just for the sole purpose of transferring over a group of Pokemon once and then to never use it again, as opposed to just doing the Pokemon transfer minigame for free. That doesn't really affect me though, I rarely replay games unless its for nostalgic reasons.

All in all, I'm good with the Bank.

Sheriff_K said:
The Bank idea is awesome. Now people who have no rl friends don't need to dish out $200 to trade between games! 5$ for a YEAR is insanely cheap. Hobos make more in a week..

What I'm worried about is the release date, Dec 25th. That means we can't transfer Gen 5 Pokemon to X/Y for 2 months! >_<

I'm actually grateful for this. I won't be tempted to either A) Rush through parts of the game trying to get to the point to where you can start trading i.e. I can enjoy the game more, and B) Go the cheap route and use overpowered Pokemon I already have and not get the full new Kalos experience, again, i.e. enjoy the game more.

I am not to pleased with the Pokemon Bank/Transporter.

I get where GF is coming from with server maintenance and whatnot, but I don't want to buy one app to use the one I want to use (Transporter).
I understand $5 isn't much for what you're getting, but to be honest I am not interested in the whole "accessing your Pokemon everywhere".

Here's how it should've went...
Both apps cost $5 each (or less if there is a "bundled" sale).

If you need Transporter to transfer Pokemon from BW/2 go ahead!
Want to bank all your Pokemon for future use? Pay a fee and enjoy the glory!

Otherwise, I love the new Mega-Forms. I wonder if they'll reveal other starters with Mega Forms.

TomoEGoto said:
I am not to pleased with the Pokemon Bank/Transporter.

I get where GF is coming from with server maintenance and whatnot, but I don't want to buy one app to use the one I want to use (Transporter).
I understand $5 isn't much for what you're getting, but to be honest I am not interested in the whole "accessing your Pokemon everywhere".

Here's how it should've went...
Both apps cost $5 each (or less if there is a "bundled" sale).

If you need Transporter to transfer Pokemon from BW/2 go ahead!
Want to bank all your Pokemon for future use? Pay a fee and enjoy the glory!

Otherwise, I love the new Mega-Forms. I wonder if they'll reveal other starters with Mega Forms.

The bank is the only way transfer works. How else would they do it?

Mega Evolutions for the Kanto Pokemon look Baws!!!!!! Like TomoEGoto said, I hate the idea. But I'm going to transfer all my black and black2 pokemon to X and Y before the app free thing expires.

was this posted ?
this isn't official art

alpaca_pokemon___serebii_leak__by_theangryaron-d6kzzbi.png

art via TheAngryAron

professorlight said:
Flygon! you are in too! yay!

I've been thinking... if the bracelet is what triggers mega evolution... it's very likely the mechanic is exclusive to X and Y, right? unless they make the bracelet a regular key item in posterior games, but I don't see that happening. Maybe they will streamline the mechanic later? like "you used to need this thing, but now you don't, just the megastone. why? because SCIENCE. now shut up, kid"

I think that its mentioned somewhere that Mega Evolution is exclusive to Kalos, but they may just make more Mega Stones in future games and introduce a new key item to utilise it or something.

I'm actually really wondering if they're gonna keep this mechanic for later games, considering what they've said about it being Kalos-exclusive, since this is pretty game-breaking.

I think what would work better is that the free version of the Transporter allows you to transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 up to Gen 6. That is all the free version will do. In addition, you'd only get a limited number of slots (6 minimum) to store things, and they can only be used for transfer into Gen 6.

The paid version adds on to that the cloud storage bit, for those who want to do it. To be honest, I don't think many people will even feel the need to store 3000 Pokemon up in there; that'd be way too much...unless you're like my crazy friend who filled up his Pokemon Box with Delibird eggs just to get the events out of the game.

I know I definitely don't need cloud storage for my Pokemon. Just give me the transfer option for free and leave it at that. If it turns out I want cloud storage later, I'll consider it.

May-Be-Zig said:
was this posted ?
this isn't official art

art via TheAngryAron

While we don't have a clear look at the pokemon, this is pretty much how I expect it to look like due to the neck-leg proportions.

*Sniff* ...Charizard...they made you look good...

Why does Blastoise look like an RV painted blue with cannons?

CMP said:
An annual fee required for Pokémon Bank? Probably won't make too many people happy.

To everyone complaining about the paid service:

It's 5 fudging DOLLARS A YEAR. Are you guys really that tight up for money?

And why are we paying for something that we've had for free up until this point?

I don't believe you have a legitimate response to that argument.

DNA said:
And why are we paying for something that we've had for free up until this point?

I don't believe you have a legitimate response to that argument.

Because nostalgia.
And the fact that it's much easier to transfer them now. Before, you had to play a dumb mini-game, and sometimes you couldn't even get all of your Pokemon. This little application lets up to 100 'mons move to your game, with no hassle. Even better, no hacked Pokemon are allowed.
That's worth paying for.

Rick Rhone said:
CMP said:
An annual fee required for Pokémon Bank? Probably won't make too many people happy.

To everyone complaining about the paid service:

It's 5 fricking DOLLARS A YEAR. Are you guys really that tight up for money?

Woah, calm down bro. Quote someone else who's actually making a big deal about it, as I didn't even mention I had a problem with it.

First of all, that was posted during the Direct, prior to any prices being known. Second of all, I don't want to pay for it because it's not a service I'll have a need for. I don't transfer Pokémon from gen to gen, and I think there are maybe 2 boxes full in my White version.

Five dollars a year is chump change. It's a bargain for sure, but like I said, I have no need for it so I won't be utilizing the service.

You keep saying it was previously free but that wasnt you doing the same thing for free, that was you painstakingly playing a mini game and even before that it was cathcing hundreds of lvl 2 rats and trading them to the previous game for all your goods, that is still free, this is $5.

An annual charge will allow the service to be maintained long-term so it can provide support for future Pokémon titles.
From the official site^

Does this mean that it will stick around after generation 6? Or is it for the new generation 6 games?

I would like it to stick around for future generations! :)

Back