(1) Updated Generation II Ken Sugimori Artwork [7/18]

What a fantastic moment for Pokemon Artists.....we have been waiting for this....well, forever. Glad to see it has finally arrived!

-Black Rayquaza

Couldn't have said it better Andrew. These have been awaited for awhile now. I am just glad we are finally getting them and the Typhlosion or Tyranitar artwork is getting either sigged or avatared. Whichever one is in my sig won't be in the ava and vis. versa.

Ah it makes me happy to see all this great new artwork.

That Feraligatr would actually look good on a pokemon card.

Finally...

These look pretty good. I especially love Quagsire's new pose. Ledian's also looks pretty cool.

These are really awesome! Thanks for the post. They're all an improvement. They're more in action poses than profiles like before. I really like the shading and darker colours.

Feraligatr's new art makes it look a lot more awesome,
I actually love feraligatr now, it looks a bit different then it used to.

Sugimori really did a good job on them all.

It's about time Generation II got updated! :p
The new artwork is great. Sugimori is very talented.

Some were very good, some were... kind of dimented.

Look at scizor, It just hurts your eyes looking at it. I didn't like how some of the pokemon were in weird poses rather than looking at them fairy straight forward. Overall, 8/10.

Big fan of Sugimori's art, and must say he hasn't dissapointed :)

I'm not all that keen on the poses of Feraligatr and Typhlosion though, but they'll probably get more than one drawing anyway so I'm not fussed... At least they've been brought up to scratch now :)

AlecDuff said:
Big fan of Sugimori's art, and must say he hasn't dissapointed :)

I'm not all that keen on the poses of Feraligatr and Typhlosion though, but they'll probably get more than one drawing anyway so I'm not fussed... At least they've been brought up to scratch now :)

Personally I think those are the best ones. XD
I'm in love with the new drawings, hopefully more will be done. I'm satisfied and excited.

Johto has always been the best region, and thanks to Mr. Sugimori, the Pokémon look very cool, some of my favorites are Tyranitar, Smeargle, Ursaring, Quagsire, and Celebi. They are all good, except for Swinub looks like its passed out on the ground... O' noez :X

Fantastic new art for some, so-so for others, in my opinion. Though, this new artwork further heightens my appreciation for Mr. Sugimori. He's so extremely talented.

I'll list some of my favorites and least favorites, and explain why:

Favorites:
-Bayleef/Meganium: Both are very basic poses, but the way he colored and drew them is just fantastic.
-Typhlosion: Simply an amazing pose. I'd actually worked on a few sketches that were similar to this pose. It captures the volcanic nature of it. Glad Sugimori did this pose.
-Feraligatr: Really awesome. That's all I can say. xD
-Noctowl: Ugh, I was going to make my Noctowl artwork with an expression like this one's. It's a really awesome pose with great expression.
-Lanturn: Another one with a pose and expression similar to how I wanted to make my Lanturn artwork. This one's just perfect for Lanturn.
-Togetic: Just awesome. It's perfect for Togetic.
-Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos: Even more poses that turned out exactly how I wanted to make my artwork for them... >_>;
-Azumarill: Just looks great.
-Sudowoodo: I'm actually somewhat neutral on this one. It's pretty much the re-used classic pose issue again, but the way he drew the right leg is awesome.
-Yanma: Another cool one.
-Wooper/Quagsire: Even more with poses extremely similar to how I wanted to make my artwork for them... In Quagsire's case, I was going to have both arms up, though. Still, awesome job on those.
-Wobbuffet/Girafarig/Steelix/Granbull: Just awesome poses and expressions.
-Ursaring: Simply amazing.
-Slugma: It's exactly how I wanted my artwork of it to look. Guess I'll need to pick a different pose now. D:
-Corsola/Remoraid/Octillery/Delibird/Phanpy/Stantler/Smeargle: Great poses.
-Hitmontop/Smoochum/Miltank/Blissey/Entei/Suicune/Larvitar/Tyranitar/Lugia/Celebi: Really awesome poses. Smoochum is all "Oh no you di-n't!" xD

Least Favorites:
-Furret/Spinarak/Ariados: I understand that maybe he wanted to keep the "classic" poses for their artwork, but they're too much like their old pieces, even shape-wise.
-Scizor: I really like the pose, but unfortunately, I don't like that he drew the head from the front, when it looks so awesome from the side... I guess Scizor's face just looks weird from the front to me.
-Skarmory: I realize it's an in-flight pose, but it just wasn't what I was looking for. It's still kinda cool, though.
-Raikou: It's awesome to finally have new artwork for it, but it's not as good as the other two pieces of it by Sugimori, in my opinion. It still looks nice, but it almost looks like it's slinking away because it did something bad, like how most dogs/cats do. All that's missing is its ears being down (but it can't really move those, now can it?).

Oh man, I've been waiting for this day! My computer is slow and so it takes a while for anything to load up, but I love what I have seen so far.

Back