(1) Twelve 'Revived Legends' Cards Revealed [1/15]

Wow, awesome cards so far. I especially like the artwork on... Well, all of the cards. xD

Can't wait to see what else this set has to offer. :3

Guys for The dog combinations your opponent takes two prizes. Just wanted to make sure you knew that.

This set is spectacular. I'm going to have to buy a case. They are epic. Love the new legends, quite broken but will be hard to get out. I can see major potential.

Kingdra is awesome. I see the prime more of a bench sitter rather than an attacker.

scizor seems like the under dog to me just think after HG/SS most every deck will play DCE or some other special just think its a wall and has an ok attack.

Mr.Ferrari said:
scizor seems like the under dog to me just think after HG/SS most every deck will play DCE or some other special just think its a wall and has an ok attack.

Scizor MD plus Scizor RL FTW!!

Mew the source of all said:
Entie+Raikou=AMAZING. Knock out Uxie, Azelf, Claydol, and at least severely damage every thing else with power, AND it has free retreat!

Problem is, by the time it comes out, those cards will be rotated out of format, unless PUI decides to put the Legendary Beast LEGEND cards in the set after HGSS. Still, it would make me want to think twice about laying down that Crobat G.

Holy mackerel. These Legend cards are actually GOOD.

The Prime cards stink, other than Scizor Prime. LOVE the Body, because DCE is gonna be abused in this format.

Here's what I think of some of the cards revealed
Kingdra-Nice sniper and can help accomadate Kingdra Prime's weaknesses
Kingdra Prime-Obviously the donker of the set, it appears the Pokemon will now be releasing a donker every set, Donphan and Kingdra. Also a very nice power to say the least.
Lanturn Prime-Not that great can hit heavy late but prolly won't do that much.
Entei-Raikou Legend-Some very good potential. 90 for 2 is nice and 80 to pokepowers is just epic. Could be a very good anti Kingdra tech, stopping it's damage and hitting for weakness.
Suicune-Entei Legend-Something I like ALOT, why? Let's look back at 2006 when LBS came out, there was a 200 damage outputer, a Raindance sorta pokemon and then the 100 anywhere sniper, this could revive LBS except as LFS. Some thing to watch for. The fire attack is just a bonus.
Raikou-Suicune legend-Deals a lot of damage but at a cost, self healing. Not too special probably the worst of the legends.
Scizor Prime-IDK what to make of the card. The boy is nice but can easily be worked around. Just a 100 HP hurts. I see it more as a tech. Granted it takes advantage of special metal but I was really hoping that they'd remake the UF Scizor EX. The attack can do a good amount of damage but again for it to really hurt it needs 2-3 energy attached.
Houndoom Prime-This is probably the slowest prime, the burning power is nice but weakness to fighting will still be bad as long as HGSS stays in. Again probably just a tech.

You guys totally over looked Raikou & Suicune LEGEND.
You do 150 damage for 3 energy. sure you do 50 damage to your self. But still its 150 damage.
Then just do the next attack, do 50 and heal 50. Not too bad.
Lanturn paired with gatr prime is good.
just use lanturn's power to turn him into water and stack those energies on.
Then use your energy per turn attachment for dce.

The regular Kingdra is far too underpowered to be usefulw ith Luxray X around.

Kingdra Prime is amazing, doing 20 less to the bench in order to be able to put a damage counter everywhere and not need a discard.

Lanturn should be an amazningly balanced card, but with all the unbalancedness of the soon to be format, it isn't.
T-Tar, Hitmonlee, Steelix and Pinsir are all meh

Houndoom doesn't really seem like much, with burn so unreliable and being unable to really do anything with the burn. It does too much to be a good lock pokemon, and is just open to 2HKOs for less energy than it needs to do so.

Scizor is good, and will be a good balance to the DCE'd format, espically with Call and such around.

Entekou is alrighty, in my opinon the hardest and oddest to play. 2 for 90 with a discard means that it can easily 2HKO anything the format has to throw at it, while hitting some amazing type coverage (Dialga, Kingdra, Blastoise, Jumpluff). His second attack is AMAZING. Given its (L) cost, manetric PL can be played to negate the backlash, and allow you to blast Uxies, Azelfs, Ninetails', Garchomp C's, Luxray Xs, Gatrs, Typhlosions etc for a ton of damage everyother turn. With its ability to deal great straight damage, this card is the Rayquaza* of the new format. it's typing also means Raywaquaza LA works perfectly with it in combination of energy movement.

Suitei is pretty easy to play, but insaely effective at what it does. You have an improved Steelix Ex who can still get the effect of Rain Dance from Gatr, and won't be losing the energy Steelix did. It also has the sure to be underused Bursting Inferno, which provides it a great outlet to do some serious 2HKOing under Power Lock. Its typing gives it the edge on Donphan, Jumpluff and Dialga G, but comes at the price of (L) and (W) weakness, which is terrible enough with just Luxray GL X, but imagine playing against an opponent who has Suikou and does x4 to it (600 damage with the first attack, 200 with its second + healing) which is a dozy.

And my personal favorite Suikou! The first attack is IMo to big a liability. The second attack however, prodies it with a very conservative style of play. With Sunnyshore/Snowpoint at its disposle,a nd Expert Belt attached, it can do 70 damage, with 2 chances to hit for weakness, healing 50, with 180-200HP. This makes it a very aggressive and risky style of what garchomp SV tried to be. it also has ability to get the plus from Floatzel GL Lv.X, Gatr and other water support cards. However, if your opponent counters your stadium and is playing somethign with Donphan/Machamp/Luxray, you are in for quite a hard game.

I'mma love these new legend cards.

has anyone noticed (i havent read the 3 pages before this)

the legnds say if they are knocked out the opponent takes 2 prize cards
so are they ex like again
and is it the same with ho-oh and lugia legend

(Randy) said:
You guys totally over looked Raikou & Suicune LEGEND.
I agree, 50 damage to 160hp Pokémon isn't that bad when you can snipe anything for 150 dmg. Plus it has an attack that lets it heal itself. Bubble Coat might actually be useful considering it has 2 weaknesses.

Suicune + Entei is like a simple version of LBS. Holy Christ.

And anyone know if the Kingdra Prime's power only work if Kingdra Prime is up front, or he can do it anywhere? If it is the latter, it does not matter how crappy the attack is.

Water Mewtwo said:
I agree, 50 damage to 160hp Pokémon isn't that bad when you can snipe anything for 150 dmg. Plus it has an attack that lets it heal itself. Bubble Coat might actually be useful considering it has 2 weaknesses.

It's not a Snipe, it's just point-blank damage. imo, too easy to get Bright Look when you are down 50, and lose 2 prizes.

Clear said:
It's not a Snipe, it's just point-blank damage. imo, too easy to get Bright Look when you are down 50, and lose 2 prizes.
Really? *checks* Oh. Nevermind Suicune/Raikou sucks.

karimsoliman94 said:
has anyone noticed (i havent read the 3 pages before this)

the legnds say if they are knocked out the opponent takes 2 prize cards
so are they ex like again
and is it the same with ho-oh and lugia legend

Lugia and Ho-oh Legend don't seem to have the rules saying that (is a box under the type and the artist name in the upper card, and to the left of the weakness in the lower card), so if they are knocked out, is just one prize.

scizor is BROKEN. 100 HP and can't be touched by SP. energy users, combine that with SP metal and expert belt and your doing 90 for 2 and resisting a bunch as well. nidoqueen can also help with the healing, and the damage doesn't stop at 90, you can always load on a third energy and hit 110.

kingdra prime is also amazing if you can get 4 out. 40 snipe anywhere ;D

Back