(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

For the first time choosing the fire type starter is a good option however atm I'm going to chose chespin I hope the evos are awesome...I mean I hoped fletchling had cool evolutions and talonflame is more than I had hoped..its just mindblowing so I'm pretty positive about this gen's pokemon :D(not that I didn't like the others but these seem far better imo)

StrangeState said:
Also what is Trevor holding in this photo:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Trevor-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

Any guesses?
A camera perhaps?

I don't mean to be weird but someone has to bring it up: Despite Alexa's shirt collar going that low, there is no visible division between her breast
Just putting that out there (0# >#0)

BCWD93 said:
I don't mean to be weird but someone has to bring it up: Despite Alexa's shirt collar going that low, there is no visible division between her breast
Just putting that out there (0# >#0)

They already made her boobs big, putting that division would just draw more attention to the character's bust and that's not what they are going for.

"Alexa, known as Pansy in Japanese, is a Pokémon journalist who would travel with Satoshi and friends until they get back to Kanto. She also brings with her Helioptile, Gogoat, and Noivern."

WHOOOT I cant wait to see those three in action *_*

I'm actually disappointed at the lack of "cleavage" on Alexa, not because I like boobs, but because it's such a terrible art choice. Cleavage really isn't a big deal unless it's being obscenely shown and flaunted. Nintendo has such a terrible way of trying to remove any type of thing that can be seen as sexual that it just makes things awkward (ex: the USA Fire Emblem Summer Scramble DLC censor on Tharja).

unsheathed said:
I'm actually disappointed at the lack of "cleavage" on Alexa, not because I like boobs, but because it's such a terrible art choice. Cleavage really isn't a big deal unless it's being obscenely shown and flaunted. Nintendo has such a terrible way of trying to remove any type of thing that can be seen as sexual that it just makes things awkward (ex: the USA Fire Emblem Summer Scramble DLC censor on Tharja).

agreed, there must be a crack there or else it looks like somethings wrong with her.

don()shinobi said:
DNA said:
It's possible for a chunky guy to be light on his feet. Just look at Fred "Twinkletoes" Flintstone.
Except that's not the greatest comparison. Fred makes cars accelerate and stop very efficiently WITH HIS FEET...and he comes out perfectly fine. He's better with his feet than...well, basically anybody.

Now, picture Tierno, the fat guy with ice cream on his shirt. Does he look like he can be light on his feet? Can he even SEE his feet?

Ok sooooo tis is the stupidest comment so hold on
My elementary school dance teacher was always fat, and he is damn graceful, mr. dance major or nutritioonist/medical doctor
ive seen many a graceful fat person do ballet and other dances,
it is about strength and skill, not weight.

xayshade said:
don()shinobi said:
Except that's not the greatest comparison. Fred makes cars accelerate and stop very efficiently WITH HIS FEET...and he comes out perfectly fine. He's better with his feet than...well, basically anybody.

Now, picture Tierno, the fat guy with ice cream on his shirt. Does he look like he can be light on his feet? Can he even SEE his feet?

My elementary school dance teacher was always fat, and he is damn graceful, mr. dance major or nutritioonist/medical doctor

I see him as being a sort of hip hop dancer, maybe. Not that I think men cant to ballet or anything. He just looks like a hip hop dancer to me.

Honestly, the only problem I have with this guy isn't his weight, but his awful haircut. He looks like his mother could have been a Seedot for christ's sake.

Trevor would probably be my favorite if his hair didn't make his head look so huge and unproportionate... and Shaunas hair makes her look like she has two sets of furry puppy dog ears. Yeesh... I know they want to be unique and all, and I usually love Ken Sugimoris work, but I often find that the over exaggerated hairstyles ruin the characters design sometimes. Take Iris for example... and my absolute least favorite had to be elite four Caitlin. -_-

If you look at the screen shots on serebii you can see the the ginger kid gives you at least one of your pokedexs and it seems that the heavy set kid has the starters to give out at the beginning of the game. Maybe they have some relation to the Regional professor assuming there is one. (not that I doubt there is)

also the image of the female player character that is an NPC asking to battle all four of her companions at one after the other LOL thats some confidence.

Godot said:
Does any one think Litleo's evolution will have gender differences like lions and lionesses in real life? That would be soooooo cool, although I'm not sure how the design for a female Litleo would look like.

Whitefire said:
@Godot

I'd say they'd probably pull another Luxray dimorphism, but they've been throwing many 'usual's out the window this gen. Good lion dimorphism would be great.
Notice how the tip of Litleo's tail looks like a stinger.
I'm figuring it will evolve into some sort of Manticore without wings.
A3JbcZJ.png

howelllawson said:
A3JbcZJ.png

Then again (as someone earlier pointed out I think) it's Japanese name is Shishiko. So it may evolve into a Shishi.
alacrity__manticore_x_duzakh_bg_by_mrxylax-d67e3hq.jpg
vs
bac14a89eafb95298cf777c3d0aa5b5e.JPG

Both would be pretty awesome.

dmaster said:
So my initial thoughts on some of the characters:

There is _no_ way Tierno is "light on his feet." I'm sorry, but no. I'm calling bull. Also, it's no wonder why he's chubby. According to his shirt, he probably eats whole ice cream trucks.

Also Trevor is the orange version of Justin Beiber.

dmaster out.

don()shinobi said:
DNA said:
It's possible for a chunky guy to be light on his feet. Just look at Fred "Twinkletoes" Flintstone.

LET'S MAKE FUN OF FAT PEOPLE!!! LOL

I could see don posting something so ridiculous, but you dmaster? Here's a fun fact for y'all: A lot of football players including 300+ linemen take ballad because it helps with their agility and because of this, they become pretty nimble. Saying a person can't be "light on their feet" because of their weight is a very ignorant thing to say.

"Alexa, known as Pansy in Japanese, is a Pokémon journalist who would travel with Satoshi and friends until they get back to Kanto. She also brings with her Helioptile, Gogoat, and Noivern."

Is this a Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference?

Zielo said:
xayshade said:

I see him as being a sort of hip hop dancer, maybe. Not that I think men cant to ballet or anything. He just looks like a hip hop dancer to me.

Honestly, the only problem I have with this guy isn't his weight, but his awful haircut. He looks like his mother could have been a Seedot for christ's sake.

Trevor would probably be my favorite if his hair didn't make his head look so huge and unproportionate... and Shaunas hair makes her look like she has two sets of furry puppy dog ears. Yeesh... I know they want to be unique and all, and I usually love Ken Sugimoris work, but I often find that the over exaggerated hairstyles ruin the characters design sometimes. Take Iris for example... and my absolute least favorite had to be elite four Caitlin. -_-

I absolutely love all of the the characters

Lex said:
howelllawson said:
A3JbcZJ.png

Then again (as someone earlier pointed out I think) it's Japanese name is Shishiko. So it may evolve into a Shishi.
vs

I never have any expectations or wants for a specific type of Pokémon, but I would admit to loving a Shisha dog. Growlithe was said to represent one, but I think they could do better with an intricate design. I really hope that's where they choose to go as far as appearance for him.

vinnie22 said:
You people argue about the silliest things. I hope you all don't judge people like this in real life lol " Eww, i don't like that person because of their hair! LMAO! eww the person is fat LMAO!! hahahah. Poke beach has a very shallow fan base of commenters. Personality is key; not looks. Your not having sex with your friends; your traveling with them and your FRIENDS LMAO!

Lol. Aw, don't blame PokeBeach. This is actually a really good community and one of the less negative that I have personally come by. People are friendly, helpful; It's just people in general that can be ignorant and anyone can join here. It'd be wrong to say they can't.
I mean I just left a big comment about how people can be sexist towards the fairy typing and I think it's just important that some people consider what they say, because it does offend me when someone gets judgemental over something so stupid like that.

Anyways, there are a lot of different age groups here so its bound to happen that some will just be slightly less aware of how to handle their words.

Thief said:
Lex said:
vs

I never have any expectations or wants for a specific type of Pokémon, but I would admit to loving a Shisha dog. Growlithe was said to represent one, but I think they could do better with an intricate design. I really hope that's where they choose to go as far as appearance for him.

vinnie22 said:
You people argue about the silliest things. I hope you all don't judge people like this in real life lol " Eww, i don't like that person because of their hair! LMAO! eww the person is fat LMAO!! hahahah. Poke beach has a very shallow fan base of commenters. Personality is key; not looks. Your not having sex with your friends; your traveling with them and your FRIENDS LMAO!

Lol. Aw, don't blame PokeBeach. This is actually a really good community and one of the less negative that I have personally come by. People are friendly, helpful; It's just people in general that can be ignorant and anyone can join here. It'd be wrong to say they can't.
I mean I just left a big comment about how people can be sexist towards the fairy typing and I think it's just important that some people consider what they say, because it does offend me when someone gets judgemental over something so stupid like that.

Anyways, there are a lot of different age groups here so its bound to happen that some will just be slightly less aware of how to handle their words.

YOUR SO RIGHT! i'm sorry, thanks for the kind words :)

vinnie22 said:

I don't really find it silly, it's meant to be commented on and judged. They are character designs, not real people. I'm not usually negative about Pokemon designs, its just the human ones I don't always care for because of the exaggerated hairstyles. And it doesn't make us shallow for saying they don't look good or anything, they aren't our actual real life friends, they are character designs and we have every right to criticize them. Even if these were our real life friends, it still wouldnt be shallow unless you said "im not hanging out with these guys because they are ugly" or something. But yes, anyone would be horrible if they did this sort of thing to real people lol.

I never commented on their personality, because we don't really know it yet. I'll probably end up getting attached to them depending on how they act in the game either way.

Back