(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
daoneandonly said:
Scorpiopt said:
With all due respect that is just dumb and stupid . no one forces you to transfer why should the rest of us be denied of doing it
If you don't want it don't do it removing a feature for sake of a personal choice its just stupidity
/\ This

@Soul Dew That is a very self-centered way of thinking you got going on there. Instead of everyone being forced to do something, you could force it on yourself to do such a thing, only if you wanted to. It's like setting any kind of personal goal within a game. No way should this be a 'part of the game'.

In your defence however, I do feel like they should make it possible to aquire all of the Pokémon in one way or another without using previous games. And that's without hacks and all that kind of stuff.

I liked the idea just for the reason that it would maybe lead to gf putting a little more effort in making at least all basic pokemon(I never cared much for legendaries, to be honest :/) available. Other than that I wouldn't want to take the possibility of transferring older pokemon from others.

Nightingirle said:
daoneandonly said:
/\ This

@Soul Dew That is a very self-centered way of thinking you got going on there. Instead of everyone being forced to do something, you could force it on yourself to do such a thing, only if you wanted to. It's like setting any kind of personal goal within a game. No way should this be a 'part of the game'.

In your defence however, I do feel like they should make it possible to aquire all of the Pokémon in one way or another without using previous games. And that's without hacks and all that kind of stuff.

I liked the idea just for the reason that it would maybe lead to gf putting a little more effort in making at least all basic pokemon(I never cared much for legendaries, to be honest :/) available. Other than that I wouldn't want to take the possibility of transferring older pokemon from others.

I like how HGSS handled that problem. Just get another starter when a certain point in the game is reached. However I doubt GF would let you get 5 extra starters.

'Soul Dew']That takes away from an integral part of the game: catching them all!
But isn't that still the case though? I mean, you did catch them in the previous games right? The catch phrase doesn't refer to the fact that you had to catch them all within the same game.

daoneandonly said:
Scorpiopt said:
With all due respect that is just dumb and stupid . no one forces you to transfer why should the rest of us be denied of doing it
If you don't want it don't do it removing a feature for sake of a personal choice its just stupidity
/\ This

I didn't really find my suggestion/wanted to make my suggestion self-centered; sorry, read as you please :p Just to bring closure, transferring probably will be included in XY, but I'd prefer it not.
(Also, I couldn't help but notice Scorpiopt created an account just to counter my terrible suggestion... )

daoneandonly said:
Nightingirle said:

I like how HGSS handled that problem. Just get another starter when a certain point in the game is reached. However I doubt GF would let you get 5 extra starters.

'Soul Dew']That takes away from an integral part of the game: catching them all!
But isn't that still the case though? I mean, you did catch them in the previous games right? The catch phrase doesn't refer to the fact that you had to catch them all within the same game.

Well, we got already 'confirmed'(I refuse to believe anything until gf made it official:)) that there will be another starter available, which I really like, but I'm not even talking about the starters much, just normal/common pokemon. I have like my all time favorites, that are always in my team(if possible), but often that's impossible, since they are not even featured in the game :( and I don't have multiple consoles or friends that could help me out with that problem,so it kind of just sucks and having caught them in earlier games doesn't help, really.
I just wish there was a way to make them all available in a game, but I also see the problem with placing 700 different pokemon in one game without making it too crowded. Maybe I should get other friends/better Internet/another console :D

Soul Dew said:
daoneandonly said:
/\ This

I didn't really find my suggestion/wanted to make my suggestion self-centered; sorry, read as you please :p Just to bring closure, transferring probably will be included in XY, but I'd prefer it not.
(Also, I couldn't help but notice Scorpiopt created an account just to counter my terrible suggestion... )
It will probably will be there, but my question is how. Will it still require two consoles? If so, do you need two 3DSes or can you use a 3DS with a DS? I'm not sure if download play between the two is even possible. The optimial would be to use just a single 3DS in some way. -I might be overthinking this-

And again, please no more silly mini games :'D

(Also, Lol :D )

daoneandonly said:
Soul Dew said:
It will probably will be there, but my question is how. Will it still require two consoles? If so, do you need two 3DSes or can you use a 3DS with a DS? I'm not sure if download play between the two is even possible. The optimial would be to use just a single 3DS in some way. -I might be overthinking this-

And again, please no more silly mini games :'D

(Also, Lol :D )

I'd assume DS with 3DS. [For VI-->VII it'd probably involve 2 3DSes (not looking forward to that XD)]
That catching/safari game was the most annoying one. The BW one with the sprites jumping through the grass was a bit faster (less tapping A through dialogue, no needing a Surfable pokemon, no 24-hr rule, etc.)

You know how there will be distributions for the hurricane Mewtwo and Red Genesect for BW2? Since Mewtwo has a new forme in the movie it is only logical for this Mewtwo to be able to obtain the forme, and in order to do so it needs to be in a gen 6 game. So transferring to gen 6 from 5 is almost a guarantee to trigger some events with M2 and Genesect. But there is also the possibility for a new relocator type thing to transfer them like the crown beasts and Celebi.

Trainerhan1 said:
You know how there will be distributions for the hurricane Mewtwo and Red Genesect for BW2? Since Mewtwo has a new forme in the movie it is only logical for this Mewtwo to be able to obtain the forme, and in order to do so it needs to be in a gen 6 game. So transferring to gen 6 from 5 is almost a guarantee to trigger some events with M2 and Genesect. But there is also the possibility for a new relocator type thing to transfer them like the crown beasts and Celebi.

Yeah, I have to agree that transfering is a given. Not only because of the Mewtwo distribution, but also...well, does anyone remember the Gen 2/Gen 3 cutoff?

AdamLambert said:
Trainerhan1 said:

Yeah, I have to agree that transfering is a given. Not only because of the Mewtwo distribution, but also...well, does anyone remember the Gen 2/Gen 3 cutoff?

Yes, I do. And it was the furthest thing from a complete disaster. And this time around, it would be even less impactful than that, because the DS games won't become unusuable after a few years like the gen. 2 games did. Your Pokémon aren't going to disappear, they'll just be staying in Unova, and I'm sure there would still be plenty of people battling with Gen. V for a long time if this were to happen.

Nightingirle said:
Well, we got already 'confirmed'(I refuse to believe anything until gf made it official:)) that there will be another starter available...
Wait, what? Another starter?

Delta Nite said:
Nightingirle said:
Well, we got already 'confirmed'(I refuse to believe anything until gf made it official:)) that there will be another starter available...
Wait, what? Another starter?

Yes. According to the insider, there will be another Professor named Sycamore who gives you a Kanto starter.

I hope it's true and really will be fairly early in the game :) I wanted a squirtle in my team again for a long time :D
Just the name sycamore doesn't exactly roll off my tongue(I know it's a tree but its kind of long). Also I would've found it kind of cool if an aged professor oak or some kanto person had given it to you.

Nightingirle said:
I hope it's true and really will be fairly early in the game :) I wanted a squirtle in my team again for a long time :D
Just the name sycamore doesn't exactly roll off my tongue(I know it's a tree but its kind of long). Also I would've found it kind of cool if an aged professor oak or some kanto person had given it to you.

I would've preferred a Sinnoh starter still, then I could grab Empoleon for my team, but whatever, I guess I'll grab a Squirtle or a Charmander. Either way, it's going right into my box, because I would rather have new Pokemon (like Sylveon or Gogoat) on my team. I'm already not sure what I want on my team... Helioptile seems like an awesome electric type and Gogoat seems like a pretty beast grass type... I hope I have a hard time deciding, heck, I may even have a few Pokes in my box to swap out if this Gen is good enough (and it looks like it'll be the best Gen since two). They revealed so many awesome Pokemon I could burst...

Either way, the Kanto starter will be unused for a long time...

It might sound too dark* for a Pokemon game, but if Gen VI is set ahead of Kanto times, I would like a reference to Prof Oak, as you get your Kanto starter. Like even if it's years ahead and Oak has passed away, (*The Dark Part) I'd like Prof Sycamore to mention that he has passed away, retired, or off in another new region running errands, which might possibly link up with future Pokemon games?. Just some insight and references to past generations and what we can speculate on, would be nice.

DorianBlack said:
AdamLambert said:

Yes, I do. And it was the furthest thing from a complete disaster. And this time around, it would be even less impactful than that, because the DS games won't become unusuable after a few years like the gen. 2 games did. Your Pokémon aren't going to disappear, they'll just be staying in Unova, and I'm sure there would still be plenty of people battling with Gen. V for a long time if this were to happen.

The Gen 2 games became unusable because Battery backed save files are really bad when they have to calculate the passing of real world time. At any rate i seriously doubt they're going to do this, and they have no reason to do this.

Soul Dew said:
I'm hoping that X/Y doesn't allow importing from other games (a fresh start!) and has all/most the previous pokemon as returning native Karos species. If the previous legendaries have to be squeezed in, they'd make some substantial post-game material.

Even though most people might think you're crazy, I'm with you...
Sure, not being able to transfer from Gen. II to III was a bummer but didn't it feel good to have a fresh start after some point? Yeah, I missed my Shiny Celebi and some others but I wouldn't cry a river over a video game...
You were able to get most Pokémon in the last installments, including from Hoenn. If this turned out to be a fresh start, certain Pokémon would be rare again and trading with old and new friends would be necessary (that was the main point in Pokémon anyways). I also wouldn't miss the "modified" ones...
Shinies would also be rare, and thus more valuable (I have tons on B2 anyway....).
I know some of you took a lot of time breeding and training your Pokémon to have certain IV's, EV's, natures, moves and abilities but it's not like you can't use them in the previous games anyway...
EDIT: Oh, and I kinda hope we don't get all those values (mechanics and so on) decoded. Even though they're helpful, it kills the originality of the battles... Nowadays most people use predetermined strategies, they don't think by themselves anymore... I miss that in previous Gens.

By the way, THIS IS JUST AN OPINION!!! You don't have to agree with it but calling it dumb and stupid is uncalled for. Thanks.

Soul Dew said:
I'm hoping that X/Y doesn't allow importing from other games (a fresh start!) and has all/most the previous pokemon as returning native Karos species. If the previous legendaries have to be squeezed in, they'd make some substantial post-game material.
( And Pancham the user had the ban coming)

That would be a massive screw you to anyone who has successfully EV trained a Pokemon. Plus I don't wanna catch 700+ Pokemon in 1 game with all these Legendaries ._.

Re: RE: (1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Blui said:
Soul Dew said:
( And Pancham the user had the ban coming)

That would be a massive screw you to anyone who has successfully EV trained a Pokemon. Plus I don't wanna catch 700+ Pokemon in 1 game with all these Legendaries ._.

I would hate having to start again. Spent so long trying to fill my Pokedex, I don't think I could be bothered to start all over!

mastermagpie said:
Blui said:

I would hate having to start again. Spent so long trying to fill my Pokedex, I don't think I could be bothered to start all over!

I don't think that they will have any problems being able to port pokemon from older games, because the 3ds has download play for the ds as well as other 3dses. They dont want to have to face the fan outrage like they did for generation II for not allowing old pokes to be transfered to new games.

mastermagpie said:
Blui said:

Personally I quite like the idea that every new game is a "new trainer." There's no fun in beating the game with your overpowered mons from last game and transferring the others along just as trophies seems like a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back