(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokebollocks said:
moonlightning said:
What I'm hoping for is the mention of three different areas where you can catch Pokemon means that there is a HUGE variety of Pokemon that can appear in the wild in any one given place. That would be a godsend compared to the stifling lack of choice in the earlier Black/White routes.

I wish WPM wasn't so scared of losing credability, why not just post the info he has and say "there is absolutely no guarantee that any of this is accurate at all and take these only as rumours."

That's what I was thinking. He isn't the source and doesn't know it to be true himself anyway. We're all pretty certain though because of the English names being right, yeah. But he could just release it all as rumours that he has been sent.

Of course there is always the possibility of information being mistaken or untrustworthy, so even leaked information is usually up for speculation and rumors, as you implied. This time is different, however. Since the insider has already proven themselves to know some real leaked information, if Water Pokémon Master posts more information from that same source, it's nearly confirmed to be true by default.

I'd love to know all about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y as soon as possible, because I'm a curious person and I don't care about the games' details being spoiled. However, there are many people that would rather not hear about too many game spoilers while still being able to speculate on what could be in the new games until they discover the new features for themselves once they start playing and experiencing the games. I think it's reasonable to respect that desire, unless an unbearable dry spell of news happens, such as what happened recently.

In short, don't mind waiting a little for information as long as The Pokémon Company respects its fans' wishes to know more about the games we're waiting five months for.

Trainer of Shadows said:
I looked through all the party sprites side by side with the pokedex pic, and the only ones that looked similar enough in both colour and shape were Pidgey and Spearow and even then they weren't a good enough match. In my opinion its a new Pokémon.

When I first looked at it, it reminded me of
297.png
^^'

Just consider that the sprite is from a different generation and that the xy one is bluish for the glass of the pokedex...Look at the half white and half brown wing and at the white crest that can be seen..
semttuloyba_by_giovannihp90-d65g3ro.png

For everyone who's discussing the mystery sprite in the new pokedex, I've looked closely at it, and to me, the only sprite I can see is a Hariyama. Anyone else see that?

palkia07 said:
Just consider that the sprite is from a different generation and that the xy one is bluish for the glass of the pokedex...Look at the half white and half brown wing and at the white crest that can be seen..

Yeah its absolutely undoubtably clear. Its not like some other sprite has an identical half in addition to Pidgey...but for some reason there will be more posts suggesting random pokemon or thinking its something new lol

Well, anyway, I'm chuffed at the news of Chespin's evolution being Grass/Dark. I really hope it comes out being an offensive attacker, maybe taking the role that Sceptile should have already filled. If Chespin is the Infernape of the trio, and doesn't turn out as lame, stat and move wise, as the 5th Gen Starters, I will be super excited.

I'm curious on how they will make a unique final evolution for Fennekin, so it doesn't draw a resemblance to Nintetails. And for the love of everything that is right with the world, don't release a Fairy type Pokemon that looks like a Fairy. That would just be cringe worthy. Keep the mythical theme that I'm sure they will be bound to have. Hopefully Xerneas is Fairy.

palkia07 said:

SO, just moving on a bit.
What do you guys think the candidates are for this Pokémon?
-Pidgey (or perhaps not, as this pic suggests)
-Mareep (is this just me?)
-New

Well, any more candidates to add to the list? :D

-Kriff

I'm confused, why are people so intent on knowing what that Pokemon is? I really can't even bother thinking about it. And why a Pidgey while there is a Fletchling only a few spaces away?

And yea, the Mareep is just you :p

Alright, from now on, please stick to posting about the actual information. All other posts will be deleted.

Lemonguy said:
I'm confused, why are people so intent on knowing what that Pokemon is? I really can't even bother thinking about it. And why a Pidgey while there is a Fletchling only a few spaces away?

Just because we needed a topic diversion XD

*sits with a flag in a mareep field waiting for a friend*

kriffix said:

A few pages back other members where also going at it.. It is just half a sprite.

And I'm not walking to that mareep field *sits in the Pikachu field, infinitely better Electric type*

kriffix said:
Lemonguy said:

I even had to google mareep to be sure we're talking about the same pokemon :D I don't see it at all, personally, I see pidgey and I kind of think they wouldn't have put a new one there, just look at how they only used ones we know for the other spots. Also they like to present new pokemon in a nice way, not as cut in half sprites :D

Wow, Mareep field is a lonelier field than I had anticipated XD
179MS.png

Seriously just me alone? XD;;

EDIT: Hmm, now you mention it. I think I'll just leave this field to the Mareep.

kriffix said:
Lemonguy said:

I can see it a little bit, but not compared to its menu sprite:
179MS.png

It could be argued that the menu sprites won't be the same, but compare the clearly visible Zigzagoon to the same sprite it's had since R/S:
263MS.png

It's exactly the same. So the menu sprites this time around will mostly likely be the same ones we've seen before, and if the hidden thing matches Pidgey's, then... It's probably Pidgey.

oakbark said:
The comparison pic pretty much solidifies the Pidgey theory. Good work!

So, we'll maybe have gamers deciding between Fletchling or Pidgey as a possible Flying Pokemon.

I'd probably learn towards Fletchling since it is the new Pokemon, and I'm interested to see what evolutions it would get.

Lemonguy said:
Well, anyway, I'm chuffed at the news of Chespin's evolution being Grass/Dark. I really hope it comes out being an offensive attacker, maybe taking the role that Sceptile should have already filled. If Chespin is the Infernape of the trio, and doesn't turn out as lame, stat and move wise, as the 5th Gen Starters, I will be super excited.

I'm curious on how they will make a unique final evolution for Fennekin, so it doesn't draw a resemblance to Nintetails. And for the love of everything that is right with the world, don't release a Fairy type Pokemon that looks like a Fairy. That would just be cringe worthy. Keep the mythical theme that I'm sure they will be bound to have. Hopefully Xerneas is Fairy.

You got me more excited about Chespin now. I never thought of it as taking the role of Sceptile, now I can see it's final evolution having huge claws, and it having a high speed and special defense stat.

Yeah, I'm guessing a lot of people will use new pokemon on their first playthrough at least. I'm a bit disappointed it's Pidgey though. They should've used Spearow and shaken things up a little.

kriffix said:
Wow, Mareep field is a lonelier field than I had anticipated XD
179MS.png

Seriously just me alone? XD;;

EDIT: Hmm, now you mention it. I think I'll just leave this field to the Mareep.

556.png

That's what I think it looks like, though the way the sprite is, it doesn't match up exactly. But it's not a Pidgey, Pidgey isn't green.
For all we know, it could be a new pokemon. Maybe even a Grass/Flying type.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?597274-IMPORTANT-ANNOUNCEMENT-Pokemon-XY-RUMORS-amp-FAKE-SCANS-Thread
WPM could you tell us if any of this rumours are true?
and can we ask you in the future rumours to tell us if they are true or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back