(1) 'Revived Legends' Scans and Translations [2/9]

Metagross and Scizzor have really good artwork. Vileploom and Defender should see some play. But forget any kind of LBS, Legend Box with Lugia Legend is just too powerful!

2/2 Entie and Raikou legend
2/2 Suicune and Entie legend
2/2 Raikou and Suicune legend
2/2 Lugia legend

4x Raticate - SV

Just start with Raticate and grab Legend Boxes. The only thing getting in your way is 2x weakness and Mewtwo Lv.X, and Vileploom if they can T2 it. Otherwise, your looking at a very impossible deck.

DM

Defender and Scizor Prime are the two most awesome cards in the set!

When I was looking at "Energy Roulette", I was thinking, "why would you play this over Energy Search, which is crap anyways?" Then it hit me. NO "ONLY BASIC ENERGY" CLAUSE! Booyah, DCE is searchable.

Did anyone else notice that Combee...? o_O 80 + Poison for 1 with a damaged Vespiquen. Only 30 HP, but that could probably be fixed with Snowpoint, Defender, Buffer Piece, Shaymin Lv.X, and Cherrim AR... Gyarados is probably better, but I'm so playing that when it comes out for the lols.

Good luck with that...

You're going to have quite a hard time doing so, because Vespiquen has a Poke-body that prevents damage to benched grass types from attacks.

The whole point is to come out, use Mach wind so you get free retreat next turn, get damaged, and then retreat and pull up combee for a donk. ^^; It's got some holes, but as a donk deck seems fun.

I would personally run a self damaging power instead, like Unown P. Otherwise, the opponent could just refrain from attack, or snipe the bench, or OHKO Vespiquen. This way, you're dealing minimal damage to Vespiquen, and activating Combee's attack, without needing to attack or even make Vespiquen active.

Hmmm, maybe I should try this deck out.

just a little tiny bit of strategies that you could run for now if they plan to rotate out

New Gliscor + Unknown K
Macargo + Infernape Level X

and some many more awsome stategies ;)

greeniax said:
I would personally run a self damaging power instead, like Unown P. Otherwise, the opponent could just refrain from attack, or snipe the bench, or OHKO Vespiquen. This way, you're dealing minimal damage to Vespiquen, and activating Combee's attack, without needing to attack or even make Vespiquen active.

Yeah... Unown P is obviously a must, I wouldn't even consider playing it without it. I'd prolly use the Vespiquen from SF instead of the RL one, It's waaay better IMO. You could play a tech of the RL Vespiquen though I guess.

I would run the new one to prevent bench damage, since the main attacker is Combee. Though I guess it could work as a revenge killer. Hmm.. maybe some of each.

OH MAN, GREAT IDEA! MEMORY BERRY = AWESOME SAUCE

Here's one I love(I know it's flippy but not that bad IMO)
Vileplume
Sneasel
Unown Dark
bunch of babies, Pichu, Igglypuff, and Cleffa.
I mean I KNOW it's that good but could work, use Unown w/Pokemon Collector to get the darkness special, get your bench filled, T2 start doing an average of 80 and your opponett can't play trainers, it's flippy and flawed but potentially depending on rotations could be a solid CONSISTENT choice for next year.(consistent as in getting setup, flipping good well that's a whole other story)

On what I haven't already commented on or seen yet, I don't get why every Vileplume has to somehow stop Trainers. The last one from LA wasn't used, so I don't see why this one would. I loved seeing a Combee do 80 damage though lol. And I actually like Tyranitar Prime a lot.

dmaster out.

When I first saw the artwork for Steelix Prime from a tiny image from one of the commercials, I thought it looked kinda weird. But seeing it in a large size really makes the artwork seem awesome. Probably my favorite Prime artwork so far. (Tyranitar Prime still looks awesome, too.)

The artwork for the rest of the set is interesting. A few cool poses and a lot of interesting styles.

Xous said:
When I first saw the artwork for Steelix Prime from a tiny image from one of the commercials, I thought it looked kinda weird. But seeing it in a large size really makes the artwork seem awesome. Probably my favorite Prime artwork so far. (Tyranitar Prime still looks awesome, too.)

The artwork for the rest of the set is interesting. A few cool poses and a lot of interesting styles.

Haha I still think of us discussing it in collectors about how it looks like he needs braces with those teeth. I think it's an awesome Great/Prime, play wise and stylistically.

I still have a big softspot for Kingdra Prime given the asiatic wave background (barely visible in the holo with a scan but there is a large version up on pokemon-card which shows the sumi-e style waves).

I think, for the moment, until the game becomes Legend-on, the Legend era cards will struggle with the higher end DP/DPt ones. Having played a few Legend-only games on Pokemon-Card-Online, it's a very tactful and slow game (not super slow, but def. reminds me more of the old days than the quick sweeps I've seen possible with the current on-season). It'll be interesting to see, but PCL in Japan seem to be gearing the TCG back down to that slower playstyle again, which I think is refreshing given it's not been a style for nearly 10 years.

Great Steelix appeals to me, I could see some interesting things done with that card, especially if it's bought into the game last and built up slowly. Then again, I haven't physically played the game since Rocket so..

greeniax said:

Unown P will probably be out of format. Evolve Combee RL into Vespiquen, attach Rainbow Energy to put one damage counter on it, then attach Memory Berry to do 80 damage + poison

Edit: Just noticed a damaged Vespiquen has to be on your BENCH. Just attach the rainbow energy to the benched vespiquen then?

dmaster said:
On what I haven't already commented on or seen yet, I don't get why every Vileplume has to somehow stop Trainers. The last one from LA wasn't used, so I don't see why this one would.
dmaster out.

Are you really comparing a trainer stopping body to a coin flip attack?

:S

Of course not, but IIRC, the Vileplume out now doesn't stop YOU from playing Trainers, so I see the coin flip actually better than this. Spiritomb can set you up and will easily die, but this new Vileplume is in its own brand of suck IMO. XD

dmaster out.

I was temp-banned for answering a question? There was a 4-hour gap between when the article was posted and when the translations were added. I'm no computer wizard, but I don't think it's too difficult to make the title "'Revived Legends' Scans," and then type "and Translations" once they're up to avoid confusion.

I swear, I looked at Togekiss and it was so cute it brought tears to my eyes. Props to the artists on making the Pokemon look like how they act! (Aggresive (Such as Metagross, Scizor), they look all evil like; nice and peaceful-ish (Togekiss and Flareon are good examples), cutesy)

I am incredibly dissapointed with Tyrannitar Prime.. it looks amazing, but it's pretty awful.

Loving scizor though.

Dances with Ninjas said:
I was temp-banned for answering a question? There was a 4-hour gap between when the article was posted and when the translations were added. I'm no computer wizard, but I don't think it's too difficult to make the title "'Revived Legends' Scans," and then type "and Translations" once they're up to avoid confusion.

If you also read the post it said clearly that translations were being worked on and that they'd be up ASAP.

Back