(1) Possible 'Black' and 'White' Spoilers - Unconfirmed [6/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martijngamer said:
With that I returned to my source, and I was given permission to share the information. After seeing your interest on Minotauross, I asked if I could share the "concept art work" as well, which was then approved. Point is, the image was already in my posession before all this.

That concept artwork is the property of a Pokémon fan artist. It doesn't belong to any source but the artist.

Martijngamer said:
Unless you would like to keep speculating about sources of the images etc., let me explain the 'history' of all this.

About three months ago, I was first told this information, at which point I was not allowed to 'spill the beans'. That is also when I was sent this image.

Last week I visited Nintendo, where one of the points of conversation were the new Pokémon games. One of the things I discussed was what I shared with you here. Although the Nintendo rep. did not know all the details, he did know "there are going to be new battle mechanics" and "the theme of black and white involves more than just colors".

With that I returned to my source, and I was given permission to share the information. After seeing your interest on Minotauross, I asked if I could share the "concept art work" as well, which was then approved. Point is, the image was already in my posession before all this.

The whole deal with the artwork is one giant misunderstanding, where I hope to understand soon where that came from.

As far as the information goes, it is the confirmation of Nintendo themselves on "renewed battle mechanics" and "more to the theme it than just colors", in combination with a source I have come to know in the past as reliable.

When I read this in the first page I had to come here and post about this. I do think your info is credible. I could go on to reasons but since I am a Zelda fan aswell I really dont need to say I believe you.

Now to Pokemon. Do you know of any other existing pokemon gaining evolutions? Like a bunch did on DPPT?

rvrstar12 said:
wait a sec... the nintendo rep didnt know what was going on with the new pokemon games?

Publishers do not oversee all the development of well known franchises like Pokemon with trusted developers such as Gamefreak. I know things seem suspicious, but you are nitpicking. Go ask an Activision representative if they know every song on the next Guitar Hero or every map/feature in Call of Duty Black Ops...

He did not know of all the details posted here.
Information of this detail is usually only with those directly related to the project.
'the rest of the company' gets to hear more details than what is publically revealed (in this case new battle mechanics, the black and white-thing) but not all the little details.

Meh.. still not credible.... he is awfully vague. The art could be a beta.. but why would he show it in the first place..

PeteDHeat said:
When I read this in the first page I had to come here and post about this. I do think your info is credible. I could go on to reasons but since I am a Zelda fan aswell I really don't need to say I believe you.

Now to Pokemon. Do you know of any other existing pokemon gaining evolutions? Like a bunch did on DPPT?

This made me laugh. "You're leaking info on a game I want and you ran a Zelda website, which I like as well! Please tell me more!"

So much for grain of salt.

blasphemy1 said:
Publishers do not oversee all the development of well known franchises like Pokemon with trusted developers such as Gamefreak. I know things seem suspicious, but you are nitpicking. Go ask an Activision representative if they know every song on the next Guitar Hero or every map/feature in Call of Duty Black Ops...

no...you're misunderstanding me.. i was wondering if thats what he was saying..his whole thing kind of got me confused... and i thought they would have a bit more insight than that is all

So i was reading back on the info you released earlier abut the good-evil thing. So if you choose the "bad path" you're more than likely to not get any items? o.o'

rvrstar12 said:
no...you're misunderstanding me.. i was wondering if thats what he was saying..his whole thing kind of got me confused... and i thought they would have a bit more insight than that is all

Just admit it, you were nitpicking. The inner workings of independent companies often utilize different processes of coordination and trust, and considering Nintendo has been publishing Gamefreak's games for well over 10 years now, I'm sure they only need to work on advertising the main features of the game.

Usagi said:
I'm not sure how he's getting his information unless someone is placing their job in severe jeopardy. etc.
'Leaking' information is part of marketing a product, certainly a game. Look at what's happened here; it sparks a discussion, there's mystery, people want to know more -> a hype is created. Some things happen more subtley than you expect ;)

blasphemy1 said:
Just admit it, you were nitpicking. The inner workings of independent companies often utilize different processes of coordination and trust, and considering Nintendo has been publishing Gamefreak's games for well over 10 years now, I'm sure they only need to work on advertising the main features of the game.

trust me...i wasnt nitpicking... just asking a question is all... i already get the dude was maybe screwed by his source or something...

PeteDHeat said:
So i was reading back on the info you released earlier abut the good-evil thing. So if you choose the "bad path" you're more than likely to not get any items? o.o'

It's not quite that black and white (no pun intended).
It's not completely like in Fable, where you really have a good and an evil way of playing; it is still Pokémon, and still is targeted towards a younger audience.

I think the best comparisson to make is how in gen. 3 and 4, if you visit a certain person, you get item 1 if your Pokémon is happy, or item 2 if your Pokémon is sad.

You are right, Martijn. However, this revolves more around the "someone leaked the CoroCoro info" and less around the "Some unknown source gave a picture of fan art pokémon". While it's true that leaks are often provided by the Marketing department of a company, they normally do it in a way that they know is going to reach a lot of people fast.

This isnt one of those ways.

Just to let you guys know, the picture majinboo posted comes from facebook's private secure photo server

so, maybe there is some legitimacy to this after all? that is, if Sugomi is using facebook to post his art these days

sources; right click the image I traced it back to sphoto.net
http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100430002214AAEPZxx

Jungle Fever said:
Just to let you guys know, the picture majinboo posted comes from facebook's private secure photo server

so, maybe there is some legitimacy to this after all? that is, if Sugomi is using facebook to post his art these days

Thank you Captain Obvious, but it's already been proven that the art Martijn posted was fanart, not an official concept.

I'm off to go see the A-Team Movie, ciao guys.

I expect awesome Pokemon Sunday stuff when I come back! ;O

Martijngamer said:
It's not completely like in Fable, where you really have a good and an evil way of playing; it is still Pokémon, and still is targeted towards a younger audience.

I think the best comparisson to make is how in gen. 3 and 4, if you visit a certain person, you get item 1 if your Pokémon is happy, or item 2 if your Pokémon is sad.

I'm confused... Is there someone in gen 3 and 4 who gives you an item if your Pokemon is :D or :( ? I know It's not TM return and frustration.

Jungle Fever said:

From that link: "I don't believe someone's willing to break the law and face $10,000 in fines, just for 10 points on Yahoo Answers."

ROFL.

Martijngamer said:

I see. Thank you for the explanation. You said you are going to be at E3 next week. Think any other info will be released there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back