(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

The Yoshi said:
I wasn't here for the whole big announcement or anything, so I feel like I need to let out my emotions that many people who weren't here are feeling, considering we've just been blasted with information.

I want to slam my head against a desk and stop playing Pokemon. Sometimes I sincerely wish Pokemon had ended back in Gen 3. We're up to 649 Pokemon and counting with this new generation, and I feel like this is a huge turn-off to people new to Pokemon because of all the new Pokemon to take in. It upsets me because I guess I miss the days of R/S/E, for two main reasons. One is because competitive play has gotten really cluttered because of all the new threats to prepare for. Gen 5 seemed like Gen 4.5 for this reason. The other reason is because it really relates to the fact of technology evolving so fast; it's just a little overwhelming for one to take in. Yes I am happy that Pokemon has evolved over the years, and I am definitely not complaining (no I am not CSJ), I'm just a little tired of GF throwing information at us like this; I wished we had gotten hints over time instead of one big announcement. I guess I'm going to have to deal with 100+ new Pokemon; now, imagine a Pokemon world with 750+ Pokemon...But okay, maybe I'll get a tad more excited with more reveals. With the Pokemon I've seen so far I am neutral towards them, but I hope I see some cool Pokemon in the future. Ah well, didn't mean to go off on a tangent.
...They've released 5 Pokemon. How are they supposed to do it?

The Yoshi said:
I wasn't here for the whole big announcement or anything, so I feel like I need to let out my emotions that many people who weren't here are feeling, considering we've just been blasted with information.

I want to slam my head against a desk and stop playing Pokemon. Sometimes I sincerely wish Pokemon had ended back in Gen 3. We're up to 649 Pokemon and counting with this new generation, and I feel like this is a huge turn-off to people new to Pokemon because of all the new Pokemon to take in. It upsets me because I guess I miss the days of R/S/E, for two main reasons. One is because competitive play has gotten really cluttered because of all the new threats to prepare for. Gen 5 seemed like Gen 4.5 for this reason. The other reason is because it really relates to the fact of technology evolving so fast; it's just a little overwhelming for one to take in. Yes I am happy that Pokemon has evolved over the years, and I am definitely not complaining (no I am not CSJ), I'm just a little tired of GF throwing information at us like this; I wished we had gotten hints over time instead of one big announcement. I guess I'm going to have to deal with 100+ new Pokemon; now, imagine a Pokemon world with 750+ Pokemon...But okay, maybe I'll get a tad more excited with more reveals. With the Pokemon I've seen so far I am neutral towards them, but I hope I see some cool Pokemon in the future. Ah well, didn't mean to go off on a tangent.

Well, it seems we are due for a modified format not only for the TCG, but the games as well.

I'm hoping for a Ghost/Steel type. Do you know how awesome a stealth rocker spinblocker with nice bulk would be with that typing?

Twiggy said:
I'm hoping for a Ghost/Steel type. Do you know how awesome a stealth rocker spinblocker with nice bulk would be with that typing?

That would be very overpowered. o.o

/me runs from Yveltal.

pokemonjoe said:
...They've released 5 Pokemon. How are they supposed to do it?

I wasn't talking about the release of the Pokemon. I'm talking about the release of the game as a whole. 3D, new graphics, new animation, new legends, blah blah blah, all at the same time. I like when CoroCoro leaks announcements TBH.

Luigi08 said:
@ The Pikachu Mafia: Although if you read my whole post you would realize I also proposed an alternate method for acquiring pokemon with max IV's (paying large amount of pokedollars/BP to increase IV's permanently). This solution would leave the competitive battling world basically untouched (dont know why it would change), and give people an alternate method (replacing RNG) in order to obtain perfect Pokemon. A truly, 100%, imponderably legit method for getting perfect IV's on Pokemon.

BTW lets try not get into a RNG is hacking/legit argument here as we all know those end up going no where. I just think you should be able to get perfect IV's on all pokemon (including legendaries) without having to use external devices for obtaining said IV's, but rather through actually playing the game in order to obtain points which enable you to get said results of perfect IV's (Im not saying RNG is hacking I'm just saying that RNG includes having to use an external device to achieve your results, whether that device affects your game directly or not is your opinion).

This method of earning points through battling in some kind of battle tower or something in order to earn points to spend on increasing your existing pokemon's IV's would allow even casuals and people who aren't as hardcore as the RNGers to have perfect Pokemon, but of course they'd have to work for them like everyone else, and what would separate the casuals from the hardcores is how much a player plays the game, as the more you play, the more points you have, and thus the more perfect IV pokemon you can get. Meaning that hardcores can still seperate themselves from casuals, its just now everyone is playing on a level playing ground.

Why would we need to replace RNG's? Anyone can do it already without too much effort and not only does it perfect IV's, but you'll hit always hit the right nature and gender (and if you want, you can make it shiny as well)

I'm not going to try an argue the legitimacy of RNG'ing, it's simply manipulating the roll of a dice legally (or any other Random Number Generator you'd like to think of) also, you do not need an external device to RNG the only reason people do use one is to cut out a good deal of the math that's involved with it.

On top of that, I rarely RNG myself, so I'm not "hardcore" yet I can get perfect pokemon easily without hacking, it's called trading. If nintendo did let us manipulate IV's in the 6th gen after a pokemon was caught/bred then that would be great, but they don't need to destroy an already perfectly fine system for getting legal pokemon.

If the system for IV's and how you maximize them is 'perfectly fine' then why are there so many people complaining about it?

Bolt the Cat said:
D.N.A said:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406101_531109773574031_1971976601_n.jpg

Sugimori art, no further details though. Types and abilities listed as '???'.

Darn, I was hoping they'd at least reveal their types.

Its not like they revealed Reshiram/Zekroms types right away either... and I remember having to explain a dozen times everywhere how Kyurem will stay Ice, because that wasn't confirmed for a few months either.

Luigi08 said:
If the system for IV's and how you maximize them is 'perfectly fine' then why are there so many people complaining about it?

because some people believe that RNG's are hacks and therefore it's cheating. But that opens up the argument that will get us nowhere, so unless you want a really lengthy post from me that would result in a posting war, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I just hope the characters are some what customizable, i hate playing with these boring, brown haired fashion rejects.

i at least want a male character who has a different colored hair and why does the male character always have to wear blue clothes!!!! it's so annoying!!! argh!!

Did any one else notice the DNA strand in the logo for the Japanese games? If anyone has info on it, feel free to share :D

Did any one else notice the strand on DNA strand on the Japanese logo?ifanyone has any info feel free to share :D

Firstly, before I start this post, I would like to thank Clay for suggesting that I post it in this thread, as that is a much better alternative. (Lol I was wondering why my thread kept disappearing : P), and also to say that this is a fairly long post and may take several minutes to read. Thank you.

I was watching This Guys Video a little while ago, and there are 2 very important bits of information shared within it, and one very important tidbit within the regular trailer. The. First regards the starters.

number one

Chespin

Cheap in is shown battling 2 pokemon. The first is magikarp, which chespin battles using solar beam. Pretty normal. But when he battles a Golurk, things get interesting. Chespin uses a DARK TYPE MOVE. Keep this in mind.

Fennekin

Fennekin battles a pokemon, fire move, normal. But then, Fennekin battles a Kirlia, and uses a PSYCHIC TYPE MOVE. Keep this in mind.

Froakie

Frankie uses water gun or something on a pokemon, but then, he USES A FIGHTING TYPE MOVE. See what I'm getting at?

This could mean that the starters are double typed, with the second typing chain of dark, psychic, and fighting. This would mean:

Chespin is Grass/Dark type. This gives it a secondary advantage over fennekin, who would normally have the advantage.

Fennekin is Fire/Psychic type. This means it is weak to Chespins secondary type, but strong agains freakiest, whose water type would normally give it the advantage.

And finally, Froakie is Water / Fighting type, which gives it secondey advantage over chespin, who would have an advantage with the grass side of things.

This is very interesting.

number two

When pikachu is announcing the announcement at the very beginning, when it zooms out, you can see the Eiffel Tower, and then when it shows the world, pikachu is clearly in France/Europe. This basically confirms that that is where the games take place, most of us already know that, but this cements it.

And finally, Number three

This could have been noticed earlier, but I really notice it when this guy paused and zoomed in. This regards the golurk statue at pokemon mansion. It appears to me that golurk is HOLDING AN EEVEE.
I will provide a picture. Zoom in on it so you can see:

castle.jpg

Anyway, this kind of says that there will at least by eevee and its evolutions in the game, and it could mean new eeveelutions, just a thought.

Thank you for reading.

jynxed said:
Wow I can't believe you're the first person to think of all this!
He isn't. lol xP
I have nobody seen mention that there is a Shellos too, though. Palpitoad/Golurk/Shellos are or evolve into something part Ground. :3

jynxed said:
Wow I can't believe you're the first person to think of all this!

Yeah the only thing I really thought of myself was the eevee in the statue lol. The rest of that was gathered from several videos, mostly gamexplain

Teal said:
I have nobody seen mention that there is a Shellos too, though. Palpitoad/Golurk/Shellos are or evolve into something part Ground. :3

Ooh, yeah, right. Ground eeveelution maybe

But another thing, about the golurk and the eevee, that reminds me of this quote from Futurama:

"Bigfoot, is that you? I'm not like the others, Bigfoot. I see through the monster coating to the gentle loner inside. I bet you have a wounded raccoon friend that you tenderly nurse back to health while you go, "Rooh! Rooh!" But in the end they shoot you, but you teach us about things"

Seriously can't argue with the starter theory. Great analysis. Convinced me that the final evolution will be joint types.

Wasn't the appearance of the Eiffel Tower what sparked the whole set in France thing? Or a region that will resemble Europe. I don't see how this provides more proof.

And as for the Golurk holding an eevee, my eyes would be more drawn to the Golurk. Why has it been emphasized twice? The trailer seemed to be able to give away what GF wanted, so there must be a reason why Golurk is in battle and in the statue.

EDIT: Ninja'd to Golurk

I don't know if this has already been posted, but has anybody been thinking about that train in Aniville Town?

"This train car is the kind that ran a long time ago. Compared to contemporary train cars, it has more parts, so I heard it was difficult to build. The old train cars built with lots of small parts have their own unique beauty and attract a lot of fans. Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region. Ah... I'd love to be on that train!"

Could we be seeing these trains in the new region?

Rockspet said:
I don't know if this has already been posted, but has anybody been thinking about that train in Aniville Town?

"This train car is the kind that ran a long time ago. Compared to contemporary train cars, it has more parts, so I heard it was difficult to build. The old train cars built with lots of small parts have their own unique beauty and attract a lot of fans. Those cars no longer run in the Battle Subway, but I hear they're still used in a faraway region. Ah... I'd love to be on that train!"

Could we be seeing these trains in the new region?

I don't think so and Pokemon leaves lots of holes and questions. an example is where did N left. N reappeared in BW2 but it was never mentioned where he went.

Zoroark316 said:
Firstly, before I start this post, I would like to thank Clay for suggesting that I post it in this thread, as that is a much better alternative. (Lol I was wondering why my thread kept disappearing : P), and also to say that this is a fairly long post and may take several minutes to read. Thank you.

I was watching This Guys Video a little while ago, and there are 2 very important bits of information shared within it, and one very important tidbit within the regular trailer. The. First regards the starters.

number one

Chespin

Cheap in is shown battling 2 pokemon. The first is magikarp, which chespin battles using solar beam. Pretty normal. But when he battles a Golurk, things get interesting. Chespin uses a DARK TYPE MOVE. Keep this in mind.

Fennekin

Fennekin battles a pokemon, fire move, normal. But then, Fennekin battles a Kirlia, and uses a PSYCHIC TYPE MOVE. Keep this in mind.

Froakie

Frankie uses water gun or something on a pokemon, but then, he USES A FIGHTING TYPE MOVE. See what I'm getting at?

This could mean that the starters are double typed, with the second typing chain of dark, psychic, and fighting. This would mean:

Chespin is Grass/Dark type. This gives it a secondary advantage over fennekin, who would normally have the advantage.

Fennekin is Fire/Psychic type. This means it is weak to Chespins secondary type, but strong agains freakiest, whose water type would normally give it the advantage.

And finally, Froakie is Water / Fighting type, which gives it secondey advantage over chespin, who would have an advantage with the grass side of things.

This is very interesting.

Oh my gosh, I hope this is true. I would love this. lol! I love dark type, so it would give me more reason to choose Chespin, but I would also be into a Fire/Psychic (its final form would probably look really cool. I could see something sort of similar to a fire type version of the Digimon Renamon. lol!). Then finally I would be happy with Froakie turning Water/Fht, as he's my favorite starter in terms of appearance. :p

Pretty sure Froakie uses Acrobatics... Which is a flying type move.

Otherwise, everything mentioned, except for the Eevee , has already been commented on.

Back