(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
The Pikachu Mafia said:
maybe they changed the hit sounds in the 6th gen, after all it does sound like patrat is actually resisting an attack (or maybe they're changing type effectiveness for some types? They better not have it where lightning beats earth like in naruto)

either way I'm like 75% sure that the attack Chespin used was Night Slash...
I think those are just the sound effects of the attacks themselves, not of the effectiveness of them.

And it really does look like Night Slash. Grass/Dark hedgehog starter? HELL. YES.

I'm thinking Grass/Fighting. Check out the red on Chespin's tail. Totally fighting-red.

Trainer of Shadows said:
That's clearly Africa in the bottom left, which is below Europe, which contains France, which is where Pikachu was, its Earth.

Then again the Pokemon world is just another version of Earth, much like the Pikmin Planet, so that doesn't nescessarily mean anything.

You're correct - looking at an atlas that is indeed Africa! I'm mistaken

Fennex said:
Just looks like he wanted to give a hidden clue - and nobody thought of a region based on Paris/France.
Masuda must have laughed in his sleeve when uploading this image!

Can you imagine if someone said "ZOMG Masuda's twitter pic is the Eiffel Tower - new region is in France!!" - we'd have been laughing at them jumping to wild conclusions!

I think that the water type will end up being water/poison just because of the kind of animal it is. It's not just a generic frog but it looks more like a dart frog found in the rainforest, many of which are poisonous. Assuming that the fennec fox pokemon is psychic sub and the grass one is sub dark it'd still give every starter an advantage over the pokemon with the super effective main type. Also finally... A special oriented fire starter after 3 gens in a row of fire/fight.

oakbark said:
Can you imagine if someone said "ZOMG Masuda's twitter pic is the Eiffel Tower - new region is in France!!" - we'd have been laughing at them jumping to wild conclusions!
Of course we would have, but nothing Masuda reveals is coincidental. As Eiffel Tower played a big part in the announcement, I really think Masuda chose just this pic intentionally. There are other reasons why Masuda could have been in Paris - vacation or away on business - but now we know he was there to get inspiration for the new region.

This is going to be interesting. Not only do I need to save up for the games but now I need to buy a whole new system since I now have a reason to do so. I'm in desprate need of a job asap because that is sure to put a dent in my pockets. But on the bright side this is AWESOME! I fell in love with Fennekin so That's gonna be my Starter for Pokemon X but now I have to choose between Chespin & Froakie for Pokemon Y.

hey so like

new legendary is an elk

i'm not saying that i spent the last few months trying to drop you guys hints about XY

but

i was

#elklightenment

OMG!! I can´t wait I love everything about it already!! I like all the starters and the legendaries. I really like Froakie!

Anyone else notice that the female character is wearing slightly different clothing? When she's running through that field of flowers and when she's in what appears to be the gym area. Def not the first one to notice, but if this game has character costumization I'm all for it :D.

i am still wating for my "light" type pokemon... there is dark then why there is no light and if they gonna do this some old pokemon types might changes like how they did with magnimite .. blessy and togekiss can be normal/light -- flying/light ahh i just whished ;(

That elk really is making me really sick. I have a phobia of this elk and it makes me sad. I can't have a surgery to be this elk. I AM ELK

2003-8-9-lotus-seed.jpg

Am I the only one who's kind of excited that because the games are gunna be released simultaneously with Japan there won't be a huge spriteleak before we get it and I can be legitimately surprised for once?

Shibayama said:
Am I the only one who's kind of excited that because the games are gunna be released simultaneously with Japan there won't be a huge spriteleak before we get it and I can be legitimately surprised for once?

I'm super excited too! It almost makes me want to not read the news for 9 months so I don't find out what the new pokemon look like at all, almost :p

Wow! This is incredible! Woke up this morning unsure of what to expect from the announcement, but this completely took me by surprise. I know many of us have been yearning for a 3D Pokemon game even since the earlier generations, and to be honest, I never thought it would come. A big congrats to them for reaching this milestone. There are so many wonderful things they can add to this game with the new direction they're heading, customization is one thing I'm personally excited for.

As for the starters, I'm quite impressed with them. Adorable, it is the first generation where I'm having trouble deciding between the three, although I'm leaning heavily towards Fennekin. Very cool looking and a catchy name!

I was also afraid that we'd have to wait a great deal of time for an American localization but they've really outdone themselves this time by making it simultaneous in both regions. I honestly could not be happier, especially since my birthday is November 1st (I'll get X in October upon release and ask for Y on my birthday ;D)

How is no one else disgusted by the amount of hair coming out of Fennekin's head? It moves separate from his ears meaning its coming from INSIDE ITS HEAD. What is wrong with you people!

I only ever join the chat when a new game is going to be released, and I really think they hit it with this one. Graphics look awesome, Pokemon look cool and the world looks fun to explore.
...And the Starters...well...I like them! Probably need to see their evolutions before forming a final opinion.
Now the only downside is I am going to have to give in and finally buy a 3DS...I knew this day would come.
But its cool to know that I still fanboy and freak out as much as I did back when Black and White were revealed.

jynxed said:
How is no one else disgusted by the amount of hair coming out of Fennekin's head? It moves separate from his ears meaning its coming from INSIDE ITS HEAD. What is wrong with you people!

Fennec%20Fox%20cute%20ears%20face%20profile.jpg

Sounds exciting! Will have to check this out even though I've not got a 3DS.
I think I'd get a Fennekin. They look rather feminine but pretty cute!
The deer legendary's awesome. If it's the game mascot then I'll go for X.
I might be a little more active on here while more details come up!

My first post in the best part of a year (yes, I'm not dead).

Ive just realized something....Are we definite the 3 Pokemon shown were the starters as it didn't say they were anywhere(I dont think).

In Pokemon Z Pokemon Z will be the antagonist. It'll get a destroyer form to take down Yggdrasil.Pokemon XY will then have to mate to produce a Pokemon with perfect genetics to combat Z.

Back