(1) Pokemon X and Y Announced! [1/8]

redchesus said:
Can anyone translate the starters' Japanese names? Maybe they will give us a hint into what the hell Chespin is.

Edit: Going off of Chespin's french and german name I think it's a hedgehog

Marisson comes from hérisson (French for hedgehog)
Igamaro comes from Igel (German for hedgehog)

So I guess the "pin" part of its name is literally "pin"

It's in the news story.

Yeah X and Y definitely reference DNA and chromosomes, and it looks like the games will be spiritually set in Europe.
October 2013 why are you so far away!

redchesus said:
Can anyone translate the starters' Japanese names? Maybe they will give us a hint into what the hell Chespin is.

Those are the engish names >.>

The Pikachu Mafia said:
redchesus said:

Actually, I believe those were their English names. So it looks like Chespin is here to stay.

You misunderstand. I want the know what kind of animal Chespin is based on its Japanese name, but I already figured it out.

Water Pokémon Master said:
redchesus said:

It's in the news story.

Thus, I have already named my first 6th Gen. starter: Sonic. :)

So Chespin is a hedgehog I see:

Japanese name Harimaron (Harinezumi = Japanese for hedgehog)
French name Marisson (hérisson = French for hedgehog)
German name Igamaro (Igel = German for hedgehog)
and the "pin" part of its English name

These games look truly epic. Good thing I have a 3DS. I am so amazed that I can't fall asleep even though I have classes in 6 hours.

I am looking forward to playing with my Froakie! That frog is so cute. Fennekin in makes me think fx and when I think fox I think Vulpix/ninetales. Not a bad thing but. And chespin.... Dear me.
Only hope so far is Fennekin is fire/fighting. That and getting a 3ds by then

EDIT calling it pokemon Y is dark/flying. Pokemon X I'd say is... fighting/something. My mind says is a 5th sword of justice

SquirtleSquirtle said:
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.... Why didn't I think of that beforehand??! Anyways the graphics look amazing even for the 3DS. I'm getting the version with the bird legendary on it and Fennekin as starter. I can't wait to see what more Game Freak put into this game, Prepare for more scans and screenshots!

to me i always buy the both pokemon versions XD although i really liked the black bird much more then the blue beast this my 1st time i dont know what version thats i am gonna play with ?:\

As parts of the games are based on France the domes in the trailer might refer to the astronomical observatory on Pic du Midi.

hotel-loures-centre-lourdes-activite-pic-midi.jpg

Just a guess, but domes look similar and environment is rugged.

EDIT: Sorry, don't know how to minimize the pic. - Found a smaller one.

I suspected the observatory too after a quick google search! It's quite far down (the Pyrenees) so maybe the new region is based off France as opposed to just around Paris. Or maybe it just incorporates French features.

Keromatsu (the frog) probably comes from: kerokero - the ribbit sound of a frog and possibly himatsu - splash/spray.

oh god we dont need yet another fire/fighting starter give us something new my exceptions for the starter based on the trailer is
the frog one: might be pure water or water/ground -- water fighting he looks likes a fast pokemon
the fire fox: ether fire or fire/psychic special attack based one
the heddghog: might be a wall or something like torretera pure grass also

RE: (1) PokeBeach's Live Discussion and Coverage of Pokemon Direct! [1/8]

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
I was literally tearing up as I saw the timeline of games from all the memories I have along with the nostalgia. I have no complain what so ever about these games or about the New Pokémon I love it all. I just want to scream and shout with happiness :)

Yes, I absolutely agree with what LightTypePoKéMoNExist said. That announcement was just so well done and was truly beautiful to watch. I myself also teared up a little. Also, the utilization of 3d graphics and dynamic camera angles will thereby make the Pokemon world a more immersive experience for the first time in this long-running series! I don't think I have ever been more excited for a Pokemon game in my life! ^^

Thank You Game Freak for making this truly wonderful game!

am I the only one who noticed that fennekin reminds zorua a bit too much (except for the ears)? Also in the expression.. And that starters start to have the same faces?? There's the sly one (snivy/fennekin) there's the stupid smiling one (tepig/chespin) and there's the sad one (mijumaru/froakie)..

Back