(1) 'Pokemon Smash' Reveals New X/Y Pokemon!

I don't understand all the whining. You can just choose to not buy the game: it's that simple. I remember everyone getting whiny over stuff like Garbodor and Stunfisk, but everyone loves them now. You guys just need time to get warmed up.

The nostalgia things is different though. Adding onto Mewtwo's character isn't going to 'ruin your childhood'. Just because there's a new TMNT show on Nickelodeon doesn't mean it ruins the original. What about how Pepsi changed their logo three times in the past twenty years? Just accept the change or don't bother with X/Y. How much do you guys want to bet this Mewtwo/three is going to be loved by everyone in a year or so?

PMJ said:
"worst pokemon ever"

No, that is still coming.

PMJ said:
"looks like digimon"

And that is a bad thing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6gaeJkLNWE

PMJ said:
"what were they thinking"

How do I sell another generation and more games to our customers. Daddy needs a new Ferrari.

PMJ said:
"guess gamefreak is out of ideas again!!"

People will buy. How much of an idea do you need?

PMJ said:
"looks like <pokemon from previous gen>"

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

You know what the best part about all of this is?

Collectively, the Pokemon community went through the 5 stages of grief in 4 days.

I'mma just sit back with a snack and watch as some of you still struggle with the 1st and 2nd stage. Ciao.

I love Mewnew. It looks so space-age and deadly. I've always loved sleek powerhouses, and this gives Mewtwo a much needed update in my opinion. The design is fresh to death, I love the "head-tail", more room for brains. I just hope that it's a standalone Pokémon, and not a forme, I never really liked formes, except for Rotom. I hope it's back story stands up to Mewtwo's amazing one though... Like maybe Mewtwo tried to make its own clone, and this is the result? A Pokémon-made Pokémon. I'm so excited for gen 6, I've loved everything about it so far.

Setosama said:
WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH GEN V?! Gen IV yes, but GEN V?! Gen V was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than 4! (This is game-wise mind you.) For me, everything Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum did storywise, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (which is still my favorite Pokemon game of the series atm) did better. And gameplay wise everything new added to Diamond and Pearl, Black and White took and added even MORE such as the hidden/new abilities and The Judge! The Judge in BW(2) is how they SHOULD have done him since Emerald!

WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH GEN IV?! Gen III yes, but GEN IV?! Gen IV was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than 3! (This is game-wise mind you.) For me, everything Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald did storywise, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (which is still my favorite Pokemon game of the series atm) did better. And gameplay wise everything new added to Ruby and Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl took and added even MORE such as the Physical/Special split, new good powerful moves and even more creative abilities for pokémon that only had one ability. Plus, the region has a lot of new environments and you don't have to surf for almost half of the game...
See what I did there?

I think that this design is amazing as it shows how the franchise is evolving like never before. I hope that "Newtwo" is an evolution and not a new forme. By the design, it can be guessed that this new Pokemon is faster and will probably have a higher special attack due to the streamlined body plan and larger head space for its brain.

Is is just me, or does this new "Mewtwo" look rather small in the screenshots? I mean size wise if it was a new Mewtwo form it should appear bigger on the battlefield but this one seems small. Comparatively, below you can see Machamp, which is supposed to be 5"03' and "Mewtwo" which is supposed to be 6"07'. Machamp definitely looks bigger than this new Mewtwo forme, which appears to be between 4" and 5" tall.

The other screenshot pictures Zangoose (4"07') and "Mewtwo". This new Mewtwo looks a lot closer to Zangoose's size to me.

I'm honestly putting my cards on a Mewtwo like Pokemon as opposed to a Mewtwo forme.

screenshot_zps024d0374.png

screenshot2_zps8bd0cfd0.png

I personally like the design. I really hope the games actually are DNA related and this new Pokemon was one of the attempts to clone and/or change the DNA in previous Pokemon.

Forms might change the height/weight of a Pokemon. The 3D can also affect the way you look at it (even though in Machamp does look like he would be bigger nonetheless).

There's no way that this could be a new Mewtwo form to me. If so, it would contradict Mewtwo itself, because Mewtwo is a new pokémon instead of just a Mew form. For years, we have speculated about Mewthree. I trust they have a pretty good reason to bring this back after 5 generations, so let's just wait and see how "Mewthree" fits the game plot, since it's related to Genetics anyway

I for one am okay with this design. Im not too crazy about it but I definitely don't hate it, either. The only thing I don't really care for is how big the head looks now. The head-tail thing doesn't even really bother me, I like how it curls slightly at the end. I also love the eyes and new horns and hands. The feet are a little odd, though.
Thats just me being critical. Im really open to change and all the new Pokemon, why should anyone not be? Pokemon isnt destroying themselves by doing new things. If anything, if they just never did anything new, it would have died long ago. You cant please everyone, and GF knows that. Its better to do something new and roll with it than to do nothing at all and wonder.

I also would much prefer it to be a new form than its own Pokemon. I strongly believe it is anyway, a new Pokemon makes no sense to me and all the evidence points otherwise too.

To be perfectly honest, I don't feel as wow'd as I feel I should be... Seeing the design back when it was being labeled fake, even then, it never struck me as anything extraordinary. It's a radical look for such an iconic Pokémon, but I still feel very underwhelmed. I guess Gen V is still strong in my mind, nothing so far has largely impressed me yet (likewise, nothing's turned me away from the series, either).

But just as a guy who loves the psychic powerhouse, I'm all for him returning to the limelight & getting a forme. After a long-overdue and awesome signature move (Psystrike), this is just more icing. Really looking forward to the updated trailer in the next few days.

Metalizard said:
Setosama said:
WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH GEN V?! Gen IV yes, but GEN V?! Gen V was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than 4! (This is game-wise mind you.) For me, everything Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum did storywise, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (which is still my favorite Pokemon game of the series atm) did better. And gameplay wise everything new added to Diamond and Pearl, Black and White took and added even MORE such as the hidden/new abilities and The Judge! The Judge in BW(2) is how they SHOULD have done him since Emerald!

WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH GEN IV?! Gen III yes, but GEN IV?! Gen IV was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than 3! (This is game-wise mind you.) For me, everything Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald did storywise, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (which is still my favorite Pokemon game of the series atm) did better. And gameplay wise everything new added to Ruby and Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl took and added even MORE such as the Physical/Special split, new good powerful moves and even more creative abilities for pokémon that only had one ability. Plus, the region has a lot of new environments and you don't have to surf for almost half of the game...
See what I did there?

Yeah, I see what you did. You copied my post almost word for word. And you're wrong. Diamond and Pearl suck. Sorry, but they do. That's my opinion. Deal with it.

Also, 2 gyms and the path to the Elite four (actually not even the Pokemon League, JUST VICTORY ROAD) is HARDLY half of the game. Apparently your math is off too. Like your taste. (Only kidding about that last part. Like what you like, not like I really give a tail moving to the freaking head about it.)

And you're wrong. Diamond and Pearl suck. Sorry, but they do. That's my opinion. Deal with it.

There is so much wrong with that its not funny. You say that their opinion is wrong and then go to say the opposite of what they say which is your opinion.
I for one really enjoyed Diamond & Pearl, the music gave a great feel of going on a journey, at least for me. People have different opinions. Deal with it.
(Hurr Durr me so original)

Setosama said:
Metalizard said:
See what I did there?

Yeah, I see what you did. You copied my post almost word for word. And you're wrong. Diamond and Pearl suck. Sorry, but they do. That's my opinion. Deal with it.

Also, 2 gyms and the path to the Elite four (actually not even the Pokemon League, JUST VICTORY ROAD) is HARDLY half of the game. Apparently your math is off too. Like your taste. (Only kidding about that last part. Like what you like, not like I really give a tail moving to the freaking head about it.)

I honestly disliked both of those gens. The mechanics were way better after the physical/special split and I thought Dawn was much cooler looking than May. Less Surfing was great too, on the other hand, I only liked a handful of Pokemon.

Gen 3 had a more stylistically pleasing map with the whole tropical setting, but I HATED the HM distribution. Needing Surf, Waterfall AND Dive, frankly sucks. The pre-physical/ special split rendered a plethora of Pokemon useless, like Absol. Also, having Pokemon with little to no STAB options (Dragonite, Salamence) was terrible too! The Pokemon selection is only slightly better in this gen, but Blaziken will always be in my eyes, the absolute worst looking starter, I almost restarted after seeing my Combusken evolve into that unholy abomination!

Onto the new Mewtwo form or new Pokemon. I really didn't like it at first. I felt my childhood die a little on the inside. But after seeing the Sugimori art and seeing it in motion... It's actually kind of cool admittedly. I really like how it levitates in battle, I wonder if that'll be its new ability? Would be pretty neat, and highly useful. Plus, the mystery behind Mew and Mewtwo have always been the most fascinating, well written and saddest story in Pokemon, in my opinion, and this expands upon it. I'll truly judge it when I see the movie, cause I really want to see a Pokemon movie for once due to the potential this idea has. I feel like the "nostalgia fans" aren't cutting this Mewtwo enough slack. We still have our original Mewtwo, and this can only add more depth to Mewtwo as a character in the games and anime/manga, so I think we should just wait before getting overly upset.

PMJ said:
everyone in this thread makes me lol

It's funny because the same sucky, whiny, crybaby complaints every single time a new Pokemon is revealed:

"worst pokemon ever"
"looks like digimon"
"what were they thinking"
"guess gamefreak is out of ideas again!!"
"looks like <pokemon from previous gen>"

Another thing that makes it funny is that no matter what you have to say about the new Pokemon, you're still gonna buy the game (maybe even both) no matter how many of the new designs you "hate." How many of you said the same thing about gen 5 that you did about Newtwo (great fan name, stealing it until we learn what to call it) and still bought a gen 5 game?

And don't think you're off the hook if you just play online simulators; the point is you're playing the game (btw: you lost) with Pokemon you claim to hate.

I'll see the rest of you frauds in gen6land :>

Posts like this are absurd.

Did anyone say they weren't going to buy the game? Did anyone even imply that? One or two undesirable Pokemon aren't going to turn people away from the franchise. The fact that people will still buy the new games doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to complain.

I love the starters and the legendaries, even Sylveon I don't mind (though it's a bit decorated for my liking), I think that's the general consensus too, all the Pokemon revealed up until this point have been very well received. Way to go, pigeon holing everyone into a group that hasn't actually reared its ugly head yet.

I don't even know where you're coming from with your post, it's such a pointless straw man argument. I genuinely am not sure if you're just trolling.

SuperArtNinja said:
Setosama said:

I honestly disliked both of those gens. The mechanics were way better after the physical/special split and I thought Dawn was much cooler looking than May. Less Surfing was great too, on the other hand, I only liked a handful of Pokemon.

Gen 3 had a more stylistically pleasing map with the whole tropical setting, but I HATED the HM distribution. Needing Surf, Waterfall AND Dive, frankly sucks. The pre-physical/ special split rendered a plethora of Pokemon useless, like Absol. Also, having Pokemon with little to no STAB options (Dragonite, Salamence) was terrible too! The Pokemon selection is only slightly better in this gen, but Blaziken will always be in my eyes, the absolute worst looking starter, I almost restarted after seeing my Combusken evolve into that unholy abomination!

Onto the new Mewtwo form or new Pokemon. I really didn't like it at first. I felt my childhood die a little on the inside. But after seeing the Sugimori art and seeing it in motion... It's actually kind of cool admittedly. I really like how it levitates in battle, I wonder if that'll be its new ability? Would be pretty neat, and highly useful. Plus, the mystery behind Mew and Mewtwo have always been the most fascinating, well written and saddest story in Pokemon, in my opinion, and this expands upon it. I'll truly judge it when I see the movie, cause I really want to see a Pokemon movie for once due to the potential this idea has. I feel like the "nostalgia fans" aren't cutting this Mewtwo enough slack. We still have our original Mewtwo, and this can only add more depth to Mewtwo as a character in the games and anime/manga, so I think we should just wait before getting overly upset.

Waterfall you only use once to get to Victory Road, maybe twice to get through once inside. so it's mostly Dive and Surf. either way at least they're all useful. Unlike a certain DP HM I can mention.

Quite frankly, the things I like about Gen IV are the new abilities and movepools, the internet wifi connection and compatibility with Gen III via the PalPark. And of course day and night coming back were great and moving pokemon were instated in the series for good. Most of the problems I had in Diamond and Pearl were fixed in HeartGold and SoulSilver. (SoulSilver being the only Gen IV game I actually own. I had friends lend me their own copies of Diamond and Platinum which is how I am able to form my opinions on them as I don't just chastise something without giving it a chance first. With the exception probably being this creature, given that it's supposedly related to Mew I should have been more fair to it.)

Back to the form... I hate to say it... But tail head is growing on me now. As of right now, I just want what the rest of the pokemon community really wants right now regarding this creature: it's official name.

Well, seeing as how both Dive and Waterfall were both special moves at the time, I considered them useless. I didn't even mention that that gen had both Rock Smash AND Flash as HMs too...

But yeah, as a fan who's been playing since Pokemon first came out, I'm going to give this form/ new Pokemon a chance.

Back