(1) 'Pokemon Black 2' and 'White 2' Fall Release [2/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.
xxashxx said:
Man that is like the fastest release ever in the history of the franchise. Man I am not sure if I will have the regular Black by then XD. Man they are sure moving quicker. May I ask why the rush XD.:)
The rush is because of the three M's: Money money money. Gamefreak is running short on cash. Nintendo is as well. Pokemon is one of Nintendo and Gamefreak's top money makers. The two versions only underscore the fact that this is a cash grab. If they truly cared about creating a new experience, the games would at least be on the 3DS. They can figure out the net code when trading over from DS to 3DS... it isn't that hard. As said before, 70% of the game is probably already done. With the exception for the minor changes that they are planning on making, the game is probably almost already done. Until proven otherwise, this game can only be thought of as a complete cash grab.

I'm so tired of reading the same "OMG they just want to make money money money they're evil and greedy and want to sell us garbage just cause they are trying to fill their pockets!!1!" argument. It's a company, it's their job, of course they want to make money. And that doesn't mean they will not make and effort to create a good game. If they want money so much, isn't it logical to sell a great game so there would be a lot of interested costumers?

Naomichi said:
I'm so tired of reading the same "OMG they just want to make money money money they're evil and greedy and want to sell us garbage just cause they are trying to fill their pockets!!1!" argument. It's a company, it's their job, of course they want to make money. And that doesn't mean they will not make and effort to create a good game. If they want money so much, isn't it logical to sell a great game so there would be a lot of interested costumers?
I'm a game developer. I know how this works. Keep in mind, what you are saying is very true. Pokemon will sell boat loads despite the quality of game it is. As a game developer, my first job is to make a great game. My second job is to make money. I think this way and I know for a fact that many other game developers do the same. You can tell when there is a lot of love poured into a game. Skyrim, for example, has tons of love in it from the quirky quotes the massive numbers of easter eggs. Pokemon has very little love involved. Let's look at movies. Scott Pilgrim Vs the World was "perfect" according to the director. He was VERY happy with it, but it effectively flunked in the box office. All of the fans that saw it LOVED it, but it didn't make money. Nobody was unhappy with the movie, but it effectively flunked by most metric standards. The converse of this is also true. Look at rottentomatoes.com. The top movies right now aren't good movies. They make tons of money. The goal of the developers is to make a good product. Pokemon sells well, so why innovate and try to change the game too much? That could be financially dangerous. As a result, the developers have been told to not innovate. Same goes for other series such as CoD. CoD releases the same game every year but with a different coat of paint. People still buy it, so why innovate?

No matter how bad a Pokemon game is, it will sell. Look at PBR. That was barely a game, but it sold huge amounts. The Pokemon logo carries a lot of weight. Platinum was barely an update to DP and Emerald was barely an update to RS. I'm fully expecting BW2 to be a minor update to BW. These "updates" are very lazy and the professional gamers are noticing. I speak from experience. Previous games have been lazy updates, so what makes us think that the future one will be any different? Why rerelease the same game with minor updates? Money.

The goal of the game developers in this case is to piss off the least amount of people. X or more people will buy the game no-matter how good it is. As long as I don't change the formula that much, I am certain to get that X many sales. Actually trying to create a new game would make that number of sales questionable. Why innovate when I am certain X sales? Money.

Wanna hear about doing something new with the pokemon franchise? Make a pokemon game in first person perspective. Yeah yeah. When you send out your pokemon, it doesn't automatically do it. You have to cycle through your pokeballs, much like how you cycle between pineapples and potato mashers, and once you get the right one, you press the fire button, and you throw it, but instead of what you are throwing going boom, a pokemon comes out instead. Yeah yeah....yeah.

I forgot to add, there is this alternate fire button, where if your pokemon doesn't listen to you, you kick it. You can use your boot to make doors open quickly, but your enemies will hear you. So when you want to defeat your enemy pokemon, you have to use stealth, and should only use silenced weapons, such as the sten. With larger Pokemon, you should use heavy weapons like the Panzerfaust or the Venom.

When you start the game, your weapons are limited. You only start with a knife, and a colt or luger, depending on the version. You do get both Thompsons and MP40s later on, but depending on version, one is more common than the other. I also heard that grass types are super weak against flamethrowers, but the flamethrower eats up ammo fast.

There's this other mission where the villainous team is going to launch a rocket, and you have to stop them. To get into the rocket base, you have to sneak in, and I tried that map many times, and I keep on fail it ARRRRGH. I hate that map. I heard that the villainous team's main goal is to ressurrect a mean ancient pokemon that tries to destroy everything, and it is the last boss of the game.

I heard the game was called Return to Castle Pokestein, where the members of the villainous team can't speak english normally, nor can they speak german, but they could speak english in a german accent.

What was I talking about again? I'm confused. Oh right. Do you really want the pokemon games to stray from what it is now? Yeah, I didn't think so. But seriously, I would really want to fight a large pokemon in a FPS boss battle. Beating a Charizard would be super tough. Should I use a rocket launcher? Perhaps something else? AHHH I can't decide. Perhaps I am going to use the knife, and try not to get killed... and then as I defeat that fire type, it gets revived with a syringe. DAMN THOSE MEDICS. Speaking of which, I heard you get +5 HP for each medic on your team.

So could you imagine this?

200px-CharizardBaseSet4.jpg

and 4 medics? That would be a 140HP charizard, that has the potential to be revived. Also Lieutenants resupply pokemon with ammo, so it doesn't run out of PP.

In the world of First Person Pokemon, you have to do everything yourself. You have to cycle through your pokeballs, you have to cycle through your items, and the villanous team has a German accent, because we all know that we can't get enouch WWII shooters. amirite?

And then what is going to happen next is that the cool creatures called pokemon are going to be phased out, and it would now all be about the multiplayer. The game is going to have super graphics that it can't run on a DS anymore, nor any nintendo console, so it has to run on either a PC or the other 2 competing consoles. And then the franchise is going to have sequels released annually and become a giant cash cow, and um, did I mention that actifail will take it over, and turn it into the next CoD? Would you want that? WOULD YOU?

We all know there is a Pokemon and Nobunga, or whatever it is called, crossover game. What I'd like to see is a Pokemon and a Return to Castle Wolfenstein crossover game. That be super cool.

What I'm trying to say is, when is the TCG version of B2W2 going to be released? November 2012 or February 2013?

Magnezone_Elf said:
If PKMNs just going for money and nothing else, why do you play it?
I don't :/ I get the games for free from winning local tournaments. I would never pay for lazy remakes and sequels. I also refuse to buy game series such as CoD that release new games every year that are, once again, lazy "sequels" to the originals.

That's not really an assumption, as you're on this site.

On topic. This looks exciting. I will wait until I hear some reviews before I get the game, though I really just want to be able to legitly get Meloetta and Keldo(PS, I don't hack or cheat)

Magnezone_Elf said:
That's not really an assumption, as you're on this site.

On topic. This looks exciting. I will wait until I hear some reviews before I get the game, though I really just want to be able to legitly get Meloetta and Keldo(PS, I don't hack or cheat)
This site is a Pokemon website. As many already know, I play TCG exclusively. It really is an assumption. Meloetta and Keldeo will most likely be given out on BW and BW2... it only makes sense. Giveaways similar to these have been multi-platform historically. All legends on DPPt were given away on all games. Moreover, are those two pokemon worth $40 to you? They certainly aren't to me...

Zero said:
I don't :/ I get the games for free from winning local tournaments. I would never pay for lazy remakes and sequels. I also refuse to buy game series such as CoD that release new games every year that are, once again, lazy "sequels" to the originals.
Please define how the 3rd installments or the remakes are "lazy"? And I'm sorry, but it irks me how conceited you sound, fine if you don't like the remakes, sequels, etc. cool whatever, but don't bring everyone else who's excited for these games down.

I think the reason they seam to "rush" it is because DS is on the end of its lifetime, so releasing it next year would be pretty ridicoulus. And the game had to be for DS since BW were, changing to 3DS in the middle of a generation would probably piss a lot of people off (+ the fact that many people haven't switched over to 3ds yet). I really hope thought that this became a new trend, and we get the japanese game during summer and US/EU release in autumn :D Personally I think we might get next gen for 3ds 2013, but damn I'm not ready for new pokémon xD

scuba steveE said:
Please define how the 3rd installments or the remakes are "lazy"? And I'm sorry, but it irks me how conceited you sound, fine if you don't like the remakes, sequels, etc. cool whatever, but don't bring everyone else who's excited for these games down.
Conceited? That's funny. I think you may wish to use another word... this has nothing to do with my own abilities or appearance. Unless you are using the old definition by which... yes... I have an opinion :)

I'm not concerned with any of your actions. My comments are directly criticizing gamefreak... not anyone who buys the games. If you enjoyed BW, I would be willing to bet you enjoy BW2. People like different games... nothing wrong with that. I can't do anything to stop you from buying/enjoying BW2. If you enjoy BW and BW2, GREAT! I certainly enjoyed BW as a game, but I felt that far more could be done with it. If you like the base game (RBY), you're going to like the future games. That's the beauty of not changing anything.

I am merely stating my opinions supported by fact. No more... no less. I've already gone over how the games are lazy. They are basic copies just with a few remaps, character reworks, and minor changes. The reason they can announce the game to come out so soon is because they already have the game almost done when they announced it. As an unpopular game developer, it "irks me" that I work so hard to get only a few sales while Pokemon can put the logo on a new game and copy and paste to get oodles of money. That's how our economy works, though... brand awareness is everything :)

z-man has a point, the third game is really just minor story changes and a few extra perks.

As someone who felt a little disappointed with all the loose ends in BW (story wise), I'm really hoping this game continues where BW left off and gets all those questions answered.

If not, well, I guess I'll still be buying one anyway just so I have a gen 5 game. :x

I personally feel like Gamefreak make their games with care and passion, I enjoy the games and never feel like I got ripped off like if I had bought one of 95% of other games out there.
Its like they actually like making pokemon games, I thought.

Sure they release a third version every round, but it's not like the original ones are crap all of a sudden. You can always not buy it, especially if you understand its obviously not a new game, or only buy the third one. Or whatever ya like.
You're acting like the decision for spliting the third into 2 is so bad and makes Gamefreak the most evil scamming people in the world.

Last I checked, most game companies have either the same approach (since its all business in the end you know) or much much worse.

Zero said:
I'm a game developer. I know how this works. Keep in mind, what you are saying is very true. Pokemon will sell boat loads despite the quality of game it is. As a game developer, my first job is to make a great game. My second job is to make money. I think this way and I know for a fact that many other game developers do the same. You can tell when there is a lot of love poured into a game. Skyrim, for example, has tons of love in it from the quirky quotes the massive numbers of easter eggs. Pokemon has very little love involved. Let's look at movies. Scott Pilgrim Vs the World was "perfect" according to the director. He was VERY happy with it, but it effectively flunked in the box office. All of the fans that saw it LOVED it, but it didn't make money. Nobody was unhappy with the movie, but it effectively flunked by most metric standards. The converse of this is also true. Look at rottentomatoes.com. The top movies right now aren't good movies. They make tons of money. The goal of the developers is to make a good product. Pokemon sells well, so why innovate and try to change the game too much? That could be financially dangerous. As a result, the developers have been told to not innovate. Same goes for other series such as CoD. CoD releases the same game every year but with a different coat of paint. People still buy it, so why innovate?

No matter how bad a Pokemon game is, it will sell. Look at PBR. That was barely a game, but it sold huge amounts. The Pokemon logo carries a lot of weight. Platinum was barely an update to DP and Emerald was barely an update to RS. I'm fully expecting BW2 to be a minor update to BW. These "updates" are very lazy and the professional gamers are noticing. I speak from experience. Previous games have been lazy updates, so what makes us think that the future one will be any different? Why rerelease the same game with minor updates? Money.

The goal of the game developers in this case is to mad off the least amount of people. X or more people will buy the game no-matter how good it is. As long as I don't change the formula that much, I am certain to get that X many sales. Actually trying to create a new game would make that number of sales questionable. Why innovate when I am certain X sales? Money.

Zero said:
As an unpopular game developer, it "irks me" that I work so hard to get only a few sales while Pokemon can put the logo on a new game and copy and paste to get oodles of money. That's how our economy works, though... brand awareness is everything :)

That last thing reminds me about Game Freak in the early '90s. The company was just making magazines and then they decided to make games, and soon they started making Pokémon. Those first games took them six years and almost led the company to bankruptcy. Sure, now they're big, but at the start they were just friends trying to make Satoshi Tajiri's dream come true; as a child he used to collect and study insects. I see some love there. =P

And I see some love on the others Pokémon games. ¿Easter eggs? There is the truck near the S.S. Anne from Red&Green that came back in FireRed&LeafGreen, despite it didn't have any real purpose. Something more recent is Munna from Black&White, it sure is a reference from the girl of Red&Green saying it would be cool to have a pink Pokémon with floral patterns. Also, I see love on Junichi Masuda, and you can notice that just by reading his Twitter account. He revealed information about N just to share something with the fans; he compites online with other players too.

But I understand what you say. Despite being a friends' project at the start, I think that now there are a lot of people involved in the making of the games that just work there because it's the best job they could find or they know Pokémon will sell well no matter what. The laziness of the updates is arguable, but for these two future games, I feel that the "just for the money" thing is not definitive about how good they will be.

Naomichi said:
And I see some love on the others Pokémon games. ¿Easter eggs? There is the truck near the S.S. Anne from Red&Green that came back in FireRed&LeafGreen, despite it didn't have any real purpose. Something more recent is Munna from Black&White, it sure is a reference from the girl of Red&Green saying it would be cool to have a pink Pokémon with floral patterns. Also, I see love on Junichi Masuda, and you can notice that just by reading his Twitter account. He revealed information about N just to share something with the fans; he compites online with other players too.

Yeah, there lots of details that have no reason for being there, except for them wanting to make the game feel more complete and enjoyable.
Exactly because the franchise is so popular by now, they could as well pump out garbage and stick the name on it, but I don't see it happening.....well if we're talking about the actual games made by gamefreak and not all the other stuff (don't get me started on that lol.).

Naomichi said:
The laziness of the updates is arguable, but for these two future games, I feel that the "just for the money" thing is not definitive about how good they will be.

Exactly.

We don't even know anything at the moment, except for the
titles and release date
2 forme arts
and a sentence implying its not gonna be the average third version thing.

Yet people are going "Oh geez Ill bake a cake instead".

^EXACTLY!
And also, who knows how good these "New Features" wil be. Maybe you'll be able to travel back in time to meet N when he was 2 and see his life in the forest. Maybe you'll get to be the Champion and fight actually good trainers with legit teams. Or something else.
It really seems that we need to rub in the old saying:

Quality, Not Quantity
As you guys seem to be overlooking that.

Chariblaze said:
Right, I don't think it would be November, as that's often classified as Holiday. But it may be on a Friday. Nintendo seems to be cashing in on that lately. Star Fox 64 3D (though that was to avoid releasing on 9/11), Kid Icarus, and Xenoblade were all released on Friday.

But Pokemon main series games are always released on Sunday. Europe will probably get the games on Friday.
I think the games will be released in September because like with the Nintendo 3DS. The price dropped in August. But Christmas wasn't until December. Nintendo probably wanted to see how they could sell with the new price cut before Christmas. Then sell even more consoles during the Holiday season. So, doesn't anyone think that Nintendo would wanna see how many games they could sell before the Holiday season? Releasing them in September would give them three months to see how many they would sell before the Holiday season. Then get even more and more sales during the Holidays.

Teeboy23 said:
But Pokemon main series games are always released on Sunday. Europe will probably get the games on Friday.
I think the games will be released in September because like with the Nintendo 3DS. The price dropped in August. But Christmas wasn't until December. Nintendo probably wanted to see how they could sell with the new price cut before Christmas. Then sell even more consoles during the Holiday season. So, doesn't anyone think that Nintendo would wanna see how many games they could sell before the Holiday season? Releasing them in September would give them three months to see how many they would sell before the Holiday season. Then get even more and more sales during the Holidays.
I don't think they are thinking like that. :p
And you said a while ago that there are no Sundays in October!? :B Did I get you right? :B

Uhh, okay then? :rolleyes:
signofzeta said:
Wanna hear about doing something new with the pokemon franchise? Make a pokemon game in first person perspective. Yeah yeah. When you send out your pokemon, it doesn't automatically do it. You have to cycle through your pokeballs, much like how you cycle between pineapples and potato mashers, and once you get the right one, you press the fire button, and you throw it, but instead of what you are throwing going boom, a pokemon comes out instead. Yeah yeah....yeah.

I forgot to add, there is this alternate fire button, where if your pokemon doesn't listen to you, you kick it. You can use your boot to make doors open quickly, but your enemies will hear you. So when you want to defeat your enemy pokemon, you have to use stealth, and should only use silenced weapons, such as the sten. With larger Pokemon, you should use heavy weapons like the Panzerfaust or the Venom.

When you start the game, your weapons are limited. You only start with a knife, and a colt or luger, depending on the version. You do get both Thompsons and MP40s later on, but depending on version, one is more common than the other. I also heard that grass types are super weak against flamethrowers, but the flamethrower eats up ammo fast.

There's this other mission where the villainous team is going to launch a rocket, and you have to stop them. To get into the rocket base, you have to sneak in, and I tried that map many times, and I keep on fail it ARRRRGH. I hate that map. I heard that the villainous team's main goal is to ressurrect a mean ancient pokemon that tries to destroy everything, and it is the last boss of the game.

I heard the game was called Return to Castle Pokestein, where the members of the villainous team can't speak english normally, nor can they speak german, but they could speak english in a german accent.

What was I talking about again? I'm confused. Oh right. Do you really want the pokemon games to stray from what it is now? Yeah, I didn't think so. But seriously, I would really want to fight a large pokemon in a FPS boss battle. Beating a Charizard would be super tough. Should I use a rocket launcher? Perhaps something else? AHHH I can't decide. Perhaps I am going to use the knife, and try not to get killed... and then as I defeat that fire type, it gets revived with a syringe. DAMN THOSE MEDICS. Speaking of which, I heard you get +5 HP for each medic on your team.

So could you imagine this?

200px-CharizardBaseSet4.jpg

and 4 medics? That would be a 140HP charizard, that has the potential to be revived. Also Lieutenants resupply pokemon with ammo, so it doesn't run out of PP.

In the world of First Person Pokemon, you have to do everything yourself. You have to cycle through your pokeballs, you have to cycle through your items, and the villanous team has a German accent, because we all know that we can't get enouch WWII shooters. amirite?

And then what is going to happen next is that the cool creatures called pokemon are going to be phased out, and it would now all be about the multiplayer. The game is going to have super graphics that it can't run on a DS anymore, nor any nintendo console, so it has to run on either a PC or the other 2 competing consoles. And then the franchise is going to have sequels released annually and become a giant cash cow, and um, did I mention that actifail will take it over, and turn it into the next CoD? Would you want that? WOULD YOU?

We all know there is a Pokemon and Nobunga, or whatever it is called, crossover game. What I'd like to see is a Pokemon and a Return to Castle Wolfenstein crossover game. That be super cool.

What I'm trying to say is, when is the TCG version of B2W2 going to be released? November 2012 or February 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back