(1) Pokemon’s Big Announcement Coming via ‘Pokemon Direct’ Video Conference Tomorrow [1/7]

I just woke up and took a shower, I have roughly 30 minutes to wait give or take a few.

I'm all but sure that it's a the 6th gen, then RS remakes after that. So in that case, I want an absol evolution please :D

about a minute left, now it's time to watch the show and see what happens

it all comes down to these last 10 minutes

He is showing every main series Pokemon Game with their way of trading.
At the end... Gen 6 plz

Cartoon characters. Pokemon X and Y.

6TH GEN!

Edit: The Grass starter looks a bit like oshawott, the Water Starter is a frog, and the Fire Starter looks like a fox. (with some sort of Deer legend, kinda looks like a dark type?)

Pokemon X and Y look awesome! I'm not sure what he said (at all, hehe) but I'm loving the 3D battle system, it looks promising. Also, could this region be based on Europe? When the make trainer was running it looked like he was running from the Eiffel Tower (or a lookalike,at the very least)

the trainer looked a little small to me (I could just be seeing things) but maybe the main Characters are a bit younger?

Looks pritty amazing! It does look allot like Europe,and Pikachu seemed to be standing on the Eiffel Tower!

Not going to post in (or read) the other topic since it's already up to 11 pages and my post is going to be buried. And since we're already talking about Gen 6 in here, I can post my thoughts.

~Note: I've only read the news story. I haven't seen the announcement as it happened, I haven't watched any videos, I am going off only what I read and see in the article.
~X and Y versions. Okay fine, the names do look very silly upon first glance, there's no denying it. Most likely they are going for a name theme after the spatial coordinate system - and in so doing, they are already hinting at the name of the 3rd version: obviously Z version. I honestly do not think the titles are based off chromosomes. Try explaining chromosomes to children.
~October 2013, simultaneous worldwide release? Yes, I love it. Hopefully this will set a trend in which all the world gets the game all at once (or within a few days of each other).
~The starters? Looking at their base forms alone, they sucketh much. The only one I even moderately like is Froakie, and even then he is cursed by having the stupidest name of the lot. Poor Froakie. I would like to see the other forms of the starters as soon as possible, please, so I can pick mine ahead of time based on the final forms.
~Paris, huh? Used to be New York for Gen 5, now Paris for Gen 6? This is probably a really bad idea. Most of the NPCs are going to be incredibly rude and snooty, and pastries will replace potions as the healing items. (Actually, I wouldn't mind the pastries.) And if the Pokemon League is going to be located at the Arc de Triomphe...yes, make it happen, please please.
~Full 3D? It's about time! I'll probably have the slider off, though, since it hurts my eyes if I put the slider at more than 50%. But maybe it'll be smoother here. What I'm really hoping is that the camera angles won't move about wildly, as many games in 3D are prone to do, much to their detriment. I wonder what dungeons we'll crawl through now?
~Legendaries have an X and Y theme. I...don't know how you do that except for shape. I guess it's something. The Y bird looks cooler to me than the X elk. You elk, bro?
~And of course there's the question about how Gen 6 Pokemon will be related via pre-evolution to others. Are they going to do what they did in Gen 5 and isolate everything? I doubt that. Gen 5 was an experiment, plain and simple. I would like to see how Gen 6 Pokemon are related to those in past gens.
~As usual, Game Freak has been innovative again. They try new things to please the fans, and it pays off. I have no reason to believe that the leap to 3D will be any different. They pioneer stuff, it's cool like that.

And if you didn't want to wade through all those words, here's a tl;dr version of my post:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DNA said:
I honestly do not think the titles are based off chromosomes. Try explaining chromosomes to children.

They don't need to understand the meaning behind the titles, heck, half the adult fanbase doesn't usually understand the symbolism behind most of the games' names. As far as the theme goes, they can ignore the concept of chromosomes if they want (or explain it to those that don't understand it) and just emphasize the gender differences as the games' themes. Quite frankly, that has a lot more potential as a theme than Cartesian coordinates.

...Even though the gimmick of this game appears to be, at least at this point in time, full 3D functionality? I'm not calling you wrong or anything, but it seems (at least to me) that it's going off a coordinate system - X, Y, and Z. Besides, chromosomes aren't the same for all species anyway; there's iirc 4 chromosome systems present in nature, and XX/XY is only one of them.

But I get your point, though. It's definitely possible. I would like to see a lot of gender differences, though. That'd be pretty cool.

DNA said:
...Even though the gimmick of this game appears to be, at least at this point in time, full 3D functionality? I'm not calling you wrong or anything, but it seems (at least to me) that it's going off a coordinate system - X, Y, and Z. Besides, chromosomes aren't the same for all species anyway; there's iirc 4 chromosome systems present in nature, and XX/XY is only one of them.

But I get your point, though. It's definitely possible. I would like to see a lot of gender differences, though. That'd be pretty cool.

You didn't see the Japanese logos did you? The Japanese logos for XY incorporate DNA double helixes into their design, which is confirmation enough that it's related to chromosomes.

Bolt the Cat said:
DNA said:

You didn't see the Japanese logos did you? The Japanese logos for XY incorporate DNA double helixes into their design, which is confirmation enough that it's related to chromosomes.

I agree more with how X & Y titles refer to the 3D coordinate system. However, I still think there is a possibility that X & Y may refer to chromosomes.

Bolt the Cat said:

You mean these?
No, I don't see it.

Back