(1) P!P Player Awards System Updated [3/19]

capt.penguin said:
King Arceus said:
Most likely the points were being tallied for your next rewards. TPCI probably had it planned awhile ago, but just waited until they finalized everything before posting about it.

@ECHOxLegend: All you are doing is whining or at least it seems so. It isn't that hard to get 15 Play! Points. If you go to a league, that gets you 8 Play! Points right there. If you go to your States that is another 3. Then you just need to get 4 more Play! Points. If anyone should be complaining, it should be people like myself who judge everything so won't earn the Play! Points. I always judge at states ( this year two of them ), Regionals, and the last three years, Nationals.

But you get professor points which is in a while different system in its self. I think it's fair if the players have one set of rewards and the judges have their own set. I don't think judges should get play points on top of everything else they earn.

We may get points for judging as professors, but there hasn't been anything really worth getting in the professor store for a long while. We have the promo Junipers now, along with a notebook, polo, and I think energies. There's nothing of note. I've already capped myself at the limit for the promo cards, and have more professor polos than I know what to do with. The windbreaker jacket, wristwatch, and sling bags have not been available for several years. I loved the dice and sleeves they had before, and grabbed a bunch of them when they were available.

I bet there are professors who primarily judge that would love to play at nats, and cannot because they can't attend other tournaments other than the ones they judge. Maybe if we were allowed to use our professor points to buy an entry into the event, that would be a helpful thing for us.

I haven't played at nationals in 5 years, since i've been a judge every year, but I know there are some people who would like to play. That would open up another option for them.

If you are a judge are you obligated to judge events, and not able to play period?

I apologize for my ignorance in advance.

venasour x said:
If you are a judge are you obligated to judge events, and not able to play period?

Generally, the case is that you end up being a judge who frequently staffs at events run by a TO of your area, and you basically become 'on call' for the TO - if s/he would like you to staff at a certain venue (prerelease, Cities, whatever), you get contacted. You can say either yes or no, and if you do, you standardly get compensated in product.

You don't have to not play ever, but generally since the packs given as compensation for judging are better than the rewards given for players (you have to do really well as a player to get the rewards, whereas if you judge you get your payment regardless unless you totally suck at it), most people who judge generally prefer it over playing. I myself fall into this boat.

Yet no Play Points are really given for judging afaik; you just get Professor Points instead (but you also have to be a Professor to get them), and the rewards offered in the Professor Store are generally very meager. They restock only a few times a year, and I usually have to be reminded by other people (read: Mark or Carlos) that new stuff came in. And by the time I get there, they're usually sold out, save for the stuff where you can only purchase limited copies of them.

What was the point of your question, venasour x? What are you trying to find out? Perhaps I can help you further if you give me a few more details.

Well I always thought it would be cool to be a judge/professor, but after reading these posts it seemed to me that once a judge, you apperently never get to play. That conflict of interest worried me, as playing would be more important that judging almost 100% of the time.

venasour x said:
Well I always thought it would be cool to be a judge/professor, but after reading these posts it seemed to me that once a judge, you apperently never get to play. That conflict of interest worried me, as playing would be more important that judging almost 100% of the time.

It's a completely different universe, really. Instead of playing, you help out and settle disputes. There is also the removal of stress - you don't have to worry about playing good or bad, or making some dumb mistake that cost you top cut that might haunt you for years (I still have memories of moments like these).

Plus, it doubles as a way of escape. For someone like me, who absolutely detests the current format and the direction it's taking, I much prefer judging to playing a game I don't enjoy.

venasour x said:

It's not like that at all. In my own realm of life, my job takes over 90% of my weekends. In order for me to be able to get into an event, I have to request off far ahead of time. I usually only request off for events I'm set to judge. I prefer judging over playing to be honest. It's something I've been doing in the game for 6 years now, and I don't plan to quit.

If you get contacted by your areas PTO to judge an event you have the right to say no. My PTO will email all MN professors and ask which of us are available to judge the event.

exdarkrai01 said:
capt.penguin said:
But you get professor points which is in a while different system in its self. I think it's fair if the players have one set of rewards and the judges have their own set. I don't think judges should get play points on top of everything else they earn.

If only you knew how bad Pokmon Play! is at stocking the Professor store with cool stuff. I would much rather be playing than judging

i do know i am a professor and not only does it take forever to stock but also forever for them to send it to you. Also then just play no one is stopping you, you have a choice. Also the "sought after card" is not beach :(

The eligible players with the top 100 Play! Point totals in each age division will also receive a pack of Play! Pokémon sleeves and 2 copies of a highly sought after Pokémon Trainer card.
Those who speculated on 2 Catcher were correct.

100reward.jpg

Thanks for that, now we can pretty much confirm a reprint of it in PF or after.

OMG, I was right! "Two copies of a highly-sought after trainer card" are just two Catchers. It's even more lame, since the people who have the Top-100 highest P!P point totals probably have playsets of these already!

Yup, and the rest can't get their hands on them because they're too god damn hard to get because people hoard them AND we don't get them reprinted in Theme Decks LIKE JAPAN HAS GOTTEN ALREADY 3 TIMES SO FAR I believe. Another good reason for me to quit the TCG.

Setosama said:
Yup, and the rest can't get their hands on them because they're too god damn hard to get because people hoard them AND we don't get them reprinted in Theme Decks LIKE JAPAN HAS GOTTEN ALREADY 3 TIMES SO FAR I believe. Another good reason for me to quit the TCG.

Catchers.jpg

Whoops.

Mudkip711 said:
Setosama said:

Catchers.jpg

Whoops.

Thank you for proving my point. Doesn't help they made it a god damn short print here.

What really confuses me is how some people got these in the top 100 in the division globally and some people not in the top 100 got them?!? Also, it really ticks me off that Georgia Regionals ISN'T UPDATED yet, if it was than I would be in the top 100. My friend who's not in the top 100 globally in the division got these Promos. How does this work???

(Copy/pasting to the Rulings forum)

Back