(1) P!P Player Awards System Updated [3/19]

So, if I've chosen to opt out of all the rankings, will that mean I won't be getting anything?
I'm going to assume yes, but I wonder if they're secretly counting them or whatever.

Sounds good, would love to know what the cards are(even though i will guess the 2 "highly sought after" cards will be Hypnotoxic Laser and Pokémon Catcher)

Top 100 Play! Point totals per age division

The eligible players with the top 100 Play! Point totals in each age division will also receive a pack of Play! Pokémon sleeves and 2 copies of a highly sought after Pokémon Trainer card.
So to be able to get a pack of bloody sleeves, TPCi expects us to have money to travel to tournaments. All the money someone needs to spend to be able to go to leagues weekly, states, regs(3 per year), Nats, and (possibly worlds), and all they give them is a pack of sleeves that probably cost the company a dollar plus (I'm guessing, mind you) 2 foil catchers or Tropical Beaches (yeah right, lol). Am I the only one seeing the problem with this?

Player of the Year

The eligible player with the highest Play! Point total in each age division will also receive Pokémon product for a full year. This will consist of two displays of each set released in 2013.

Wait....what

I think this is better than no reward, either way if you attend league you can recieve free cards. I have been playing for 2 years and haven't once got anything mailed from tpci to me.

This seems interesting. I'm gonna have to check my Pokemon account more now, though I'm sure I'm not in the top 100

Wait what were they before, I remember reading that it was way easier to get free sleeves?

not that it matters because I go to our league every thursday and its not like we do anything official there, I have to wait for a big tournament or something.

It was much easier to get sleeves. Iirc you only had to get a certain amount of Play! Points (7 I think?) before this to be eligible for sleeves. Now only the 300 most savvy players will get one pack of sleeves; that is not a lot of players (and to make it seem even more slim, only 100 Masters out of all the Masters that play get sleeves).

I don't play the TCG any more but I can see why people are upset with this.

Why would you be upset about getting something guys!!! You get something for free that you didn't have before you guys should stop complaining and be happy!

camoclone said:
Why would you be upset about getting something guys!!! You get something for free that you didn't have before you guys should stop complaining and be happy!

Thats what Im asking, I thought we did get rewards before, other wise, what was the point of the points?

ECHOxLegend said:
camoclone said:

Thats what Im asking, I thought we did get rewards before, other wise, what was the point of the points?
Yeah I honestly have no idea why people are complaining.

camoclone said:
ECHOxLegend said:

Oh Im complaining, because now its harder for small guys like me to get cool stuff in a game where its basically P2P

ECHOxLegend said:
camoclone said:

Oh Im complaining, because now its harder for small guys like me to get cool stuff in a game where its basically P2P
So you would rather have nothing rather than nothing! This is why pokemon can't give us nice stuff for free!

camoclone said:
ECHOxLegend said:
So you would rather have nothing rather than nothing! This is why pokemon can't give us nice stuff for free!

If I had a higher chance of getting anything before than I dont like this,.

ECHOxLegend said:
camoclone said:

If I had a higher chance of getting anything before than I dont like this,.
I don't think you understand. Pokemon wasn't giving out anything before this.

Back