(1) November 'CoroCoro' Scans Reveal More B/W Ken Sugimori Artwork [11/12]

@dmaster: Well, I like KS artwork on cards...

anyway, I like all the new artwork. In the beginning I thought some pokémon were ugly, but now I'm used to them and I like them all. The KS artwork reveals all the details about them and I was surprised by some, like, I thought Yabakuron's mouth was its nose, in the sprite... But some of the art gives them another look. The gamageroge's art makes it look funny instead of the sprite's boss look.

btw, I think the electric gym leader is hotter...

God, Fuuro's sugimori art has huge hands.

Love the pendoraa art. I had feared it would have a bright pink/magenta hue but it's nice to see something more subtle.

Hopefully the official game guide will also tell which pokemon to show to obtain the rechargeable battery from the stupid guy in Souryuu's city.

the girl is awesome :3 she's my favorite gym leader,besides Iris,the old man,dento bros,and the electric girl :3 ;3
the frog looks friendly here it looks evil in the game :mad:
the tadpole....s ,,,mmm..it's ok,but i thought it would be better
the fighting guy,i already don't like him much but he looks better here than in the game,in the game he looks like an old man,I know that he resemble an old man.
all the rest are awesome as exacted,especially the bug and snail they are AWESOME,i like the idea that they bug takes the shell from the snail in order to evolve :D :D :D

This is just my opinion but...Gamageroge's art looks so weird. I was hoping it's art would be more like the sprite.

I give Sugimori major props because his artwork almost always makes things look better. Unfortunately, he's not a miracle worker, and I will always dislike some of the designs...but hey, that's the good thing about having 649 Pokemon to choose from.

And what the heck is Fuuro wearing? It looks even more ridiculous than I thought it would. What is she even supposed to be with boots, giant gloves, and overly-short shorts? Sorry, but I think I'll stick with Winona as my Flying-type leader of choice.

Hmm, for some reason I can't help but be bothered by the flying gym leader's oversized hands o_O
Hopefully that's just her gloves... LOL.

PokéMontage said:
what the heck is Fuuro wearing?

tbh I'm not sure if it is something designed to be worn...

which is funny because all the other gym leaders except kamitsure have pretty normal looking outfits...

The art also appears waaaay too seamless in terms of how the gloves, straps etc all seem to lack a more "solid" geometry (for lack of better description)... I've definitely seen better fanart of fuuro compared to this official art.

im really digging the sugimori art work these pokemon look really fantastic im really starting to really like this gen really i am

I'm dissapointed to not see my favorite on here (Kojondo), in fact, half of these are ones I actually hate....

Amazing artwork! I love all of these new Pokemon.
Gamageroge looks ba and I love Agirudaa's design, though I prefer it's dream world artwork pose.
Love the Bug/Rock and Zuruzukin too.
And to everyone hating on Yabukuron and Dasutodasu, I personally love them.
When I first saw all those sprites, I was dubious, but Dasutodasu saved it for me, so then I paused and said I actually like how quirky these designs are.
This is my favorite Gen.

Back